PDA

View Full Version : Medal of Honor awarded today to Fort Carson soldier-SSG TY CARTER

Drama2
Mon Aug 26th, 2013, 12:35 PM
http://michellemalkin.com/2013/08/26/stt-sgt-ty-carter-receives-medal-of-honor-today/

JKOL
Mon Aug 26th, 2013, 01:55 PM
:applause:
Best line from the article: “When it’s my time to go, I’m going to be the biggest pain in the butt for the enemy.”

Drama2
Mon Aug 26th, 2013, 02:39 PM
http://www.defense.gov/home/features/2010/1110_moh/

Or this......

Drama2
Mon Aug 26th, 2013, 04:26 PM
The*Medal of Honor*is the*United States of America's*highest*military honor, awarded for personal acts of*valor*above and beyond the call of duty. The medal is awarded by the*President of the United States*in the name of*Congress*to US military personnel only. There are three versions of the medal, one for the*Army, one for the*Navy, and one for the*Air Force. Personnel of the*Marine Corps*and*Coast Guard*receive the Navy version.The Medal of Honor is usually presented by the President at the*White House*in a formal ceremony intended to represent the gratitude of the American people, with posthumous presentations made to the primary next of kin.[4][5]*In 1990, Congress designated March 25 annually as "National Medal of Honor Day".[6]*Due to its prestige and status, the Medal of Honor is afforded special protection under U.S. law against any unauthorized adornment, sale, or manufacture, which includes any associated ribbon or badge

usmcab35
Tue Aug 27th, 2013, 08:22 AM
bad a**!

Drama2
Tue Aug 27th, 2013, 09:42 AM
And he was a fellow prior service Marine.

bad a**!

usmcab35
Tue Aug 27th, 2013, 09:57 AM
yea I read that, seems to be quite a bit of us spying for the marines in the army lol.

ghettodub
Tue Aug 27th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Always love reading about these guys. Respect.

Drama2
Tue Aug 27th, 2013, 12:21 PM
I am a huge advocate for Veterans, not just bcause I am one but bcause I also work for them. Wish there was a forum thread on here to give them information about all the entitlements they have. Hint hint

usmcab35
Tue Aug 27th, 2013, 12:36 PM
I am a huge advocate for Veterans, not just bcause I am one but bcause I also work for them. Wish there was a forum thread on here to give them information about all the entitlements they have. Hint hint

there is a military group with some of us military type on here