PDA

View Full Version : Need some auto repair? Save some money.

Aaron
Mon Sep 9th, 2013, 11:34 PM
I'm looking to earn some extra money, and cars/bikes have always been my thing. I've done everything from oil changes to several complete engine swaps, there's no automotive project I can't handle. I do brakes, alternators, fuel pumps, spark plugs, and thermostats quite regularly. As far as bikes go, fork seals, oil pans, exhausts, custom part installs, and anything you could need. One of the things I've come to really specialize in is complete HID/LED replacement kits for cars and motorcycles. If you've seen the lights on my BMW or Jeep, you know what I mean. They are one of a kind, first class, and provide exceptional functionality.

For routine parts swaps, I can be mobile, I'll come to you and do the repair at your place with my tools. I'll provide everything needed. If more serious repairs are needed, I've got full size garages in Pueblo and CO Springs with air tools and jacking systems.

For prices, I generally have you get a quote from a local repair shop, and I'll do it for half.

Dont hesitate to PM, email, or call!

Aaron
seven one nine 499-3063 (tel:499-3063)
AaronZ34@gmail.com

~Barn~
Tue Sep 10th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Please don't be offended by me asking this, but my hope is that your attention and details and pursuit of excellent results will translate...

Would you be interested in doing motorcycle (and possibly vehicle) detail work? I'm not talking necessarily competition quality, but an excellent hand wash and dry followed by a wax job. I know with motorcycles, the "work" really begins with cleaning and drying out the nooks and narrows and otherwise hard-to-get-at places. Making sure that wheel spokes are thoroughly scrubbed down, etc...

I used to do this stuff myself, and hand wash and dry my bikes and I easily recall dedicating 2+ hours for a single motorcycle from top to bottom. And this was without waxing!

So yeah Aaron. I'm down to contribute to you earning some side-income if this sounds like something you'd be interested in. I'm not a "product snob" or anything like that, so you could use whatever you'd want for soaps and waxes, etc, but I'd just ask that you'd treat mine, the same way you'd treat your own.

Hit me up and let me know what you think. With Fall looming and cooler weather hopefully hear to stay, I figure now is the time for something like this.

Jmetz
Tue Sep 10th, 2013, 02:31 PM
I may also be interested in some detailing depending on price. My bike could use a good detailing and the interior of my truck needs a reconditioning.

madvlad
Tue Sep 10th, 2013, 06:30 PM
I'll detail your bikes barn, you know that lol

~Barn~
Tue Sep 10th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Yeah, but you've just always done that on the hook-up because we rode, not to make side $$. I know you've done it in the past, but I wasn't asking for you to necessarily do a legit "detail" job with a high gloss wax, and a chain cleaned with kerosene, and wheels scrubbed free of road grime, etc. etc... That's what I'm looking for now.

Don't get me wrong though... you always cleaned them up tip top, so I know you'd do a great detail, I just didn't realize you had the time and desire. Aaron can chime in too, just PM me with your estimate or hourly rate or whatever and he can do the same, if this even sounds like something he'd like to do. :dunno:

Aaron
Tue Sep 10th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Guys I appreciate the offers, and I know the old saying, but I'm not very interested in detailing, it's just never been something I enjoy or feel I'm particularly talented at. Thanks again for the offers, but I think I'll stick with wrenching :)

big_sur
Tue Sep 10th, 2013, 11:49 PM
I'm all about the S1000 in the aerosol can. It's spray on\spray off. That and a blower to dry it and I'm done in 30m if I want to touch it up afterwards. If I just want to clean it, 10m tops. It ends up being like $5\wash, but for the time it saves, it's well worth it IMO.

~Barn~
Wed Sep 11th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Threadjack: COMPLETE
Damir, I'll be waiting to hear from ya!

Carry on...

GMR
Wed Sep 25th, 2013, 08:22 AM
You'll probably be hearing from me later this week (218 area code)

Aaron
Wed Sep 25th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Sounds good GMR!