PDA

View Full Version : Trailer with racebikes stolen - Please help

rybo
Wed Sep 18th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Trailer Stolen - Help needed!

After this weekend with the flooding in Milliken I decided to leave my trailer at
Ken Yee
and (https://www.facebook.com/ken.yee1?directed_target_id=0) Holly R Hendrickson (https://www.facebook.com/hrhendrickson?directed_target_id=0)
's place in Lakewood. This morning between 6AM and 8AM the trailer was removed from the location on Hoyt Street in front of their house. The police have been contacted.
Description:

The trailer is a white and black 8' wide by 14' foot long homebuilt trailer. On the side are faded stickers for Team Skinny, the Breckenridge Brewery and Racing 2 Save Lives. Across the back in large block letters isWWW.MRA-RACING.ORG (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2FWWW.MRA-RACING.ORG&h=oAQHAxIfw&enc=AZOdebm6dlJ7sFkSXKbnWSM4Lqs-X0Xyyp-M4Cyn1G3RqRO_sppwXHVtJBmAGkfAMQ3vBOfc9lrhD4yO_q6-yL3-SZX1XbT-SCbhGw5oDeyiHK6bGG8RS60z9Ub9m9dVWN0YucBvg59WQFGVYV j4mqTO&s=1)

Inside the trailer is my bright yellow GSXR 750 teaching bike and both Ken and Holly's Ninja 250 racebikes. Ken's bike has green bodywork and the number 433 on it, Holly's is black with the number 833 on it. Additionally all of the "stuff" for racing is in there. Tires, tire warmers, suits, boots, gloves, helmets, tools.

Please share!

Thanks

Scott

birchyboy
Wed Sep 18th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Damn. I hope they find everything in good shape.

j0ker
Wed Sep 18th, 2013, 08:52 AM
OH FUCK. Sorry man!!!! Good luck recovering those bikes!!

asp_125
Wed Sep 18th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Dammit!! WTF! Sorry to hear, will keep an eye out for it.

dirkterrell
Wed Sep 18th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Damn Scott, you just can't seem to avoid these jackass thieves.

WolFeYeZ
Wed Sep 18th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Again? Damn that sucks! Ill keep my eyes open.

teamextreme
Wed Sep 18th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Sorry to hear this. It always infuriates me to hear things like this. I am always curious though as to the details when this sor of thing does happen. Could you let us know what security measures you took, if any, and how they were inneffective, so we can all learn by your misfortune? Whenever I leave a trailer, loaded or not, I use a tongue lock, but always wondered how effective they are.

tecknojoe
Wed Sep 18th, 2013, 11:18 AM
TERRIBLE!! Scott you've had some bad luck man!

Rabbie303
Wed Sep 18th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Holy hell man!! I'm so sorry. I will keep an eye out as well. Do you happen to have pics of the trailer or the bikes to help with spotting them?

FZRguy
Wed Sep 18th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Damn, can't believe you have to go thru this again. :( Will keep a lookout, and pls post some pics.

Klaiceps
Thu Sep 19th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Unbelieveable. Thieves suck. I'll be looking out.

buddahson
Thu Sep 19th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Scott, I'm sorry to hear about this. I'll keep an eye out. Hopefully you'll get some good news and everything will be recovered intact.

Matty
Thu Sep 19th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Fucking thieves...

usmcab35
Wed Sep 25th, 2013, 09:59 AM
any update did they find the asshat yet?

rybo
Wed Sep 25th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Hi everyone- quick update. As of early this morning 2 of the motorcycles have been recovered by the Denver police. The green EX250 and the GSXR are in impound and we should be able to retrieve them on Saturday. I don't know if any arrests were made in association with the recoveries, but do know they were recovered at different times in different places. Still no sign of the trailer or other equipment. Thanks for the continued support!

j0ker
Wed Sep 25th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Hi everyone- quick update. As of early this morning 2 of the motorcycles have been recovered by the Denver police. The green EX250 and the GSXR are in impound and we should be able to retrieve them on Saturday. I don't know if any arrests were made in association with the recoveries, but do know they were recovered at different times in different places. Still no sign of the trailer or other equipment. Thanks for the continued support!

Oh, man that is good news. Too bad it wasn't all found at once in one place. I sure hope they didn't trash your race bikes too badly!!!!

Good luck with the trailer! I have my eyes peeled!

asp_125
Wed Sep 25th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Glad to hear you got the bikes back! If you need a trailer to get them back, you can borrow ours. I also have gear you can borrow if it fits.

TFOGGuys
Wed Sep 25th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Thumbscrews may make finding the rest of the stuff easier....jus' sayin'

rybo
Mon Sep 30th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Good news!

Late last Friday night the Denver police found the trailer behind a haunted house in an industrial area off of Brighton Road in Denver.

Nothing of real value was left in it, but the trailer itself was intact.

Big thanks to Jason Madama. A buddy of his had his trailer plate stolen and it ended up on my trailer. When he went to check it out he saw the unusual decals on the trailer and asked Jason about it. It posted on Facebook and they were able to give me the officer's number that was working the area. The officer met me at the location, helped me hitch it up and sent me on my way.

So far two of the motorcycles and the trailer have been recovered. The motorcycles have both been crashed.

The missing bike is Holly's EX 250. Black number 833.

Thanks to all for the positive thoughts and keeping an eye out!

Scott

AOK303
Mon Sep 30th, 2013, 11:16 PM
oh man that sucks hope the last bike if found undamaged and they find at least one of the guys and pin all the money on him

j0ker
Tue Oct 1st, 2013, 07:50 AM
I have mixed feelings as I am sure everyone here has. So glad you are actually getting to recover most of your loss, but your property is not the way it was when they stole it. Hopefully the damage from being wrecked isn't too horrible!

moep
Sun Oct 6th, 2013, 11:02 PM
I have mixed feelings as I am sure everyone here has. So glad you are actually getting to recover most of your loss, but your property is not the way it was when they stole it. Hopefully the damage from being wrecked isn't too horrible!

When someone broke into my house. They packed my stuff in my van and stole my van. When they found the van, I did not want it back. The insurance company had given me the money for the van but they offered me the van back. I said to them to keep it.