PDA

View Full Version : Final Wille B Day at The Track 09/29

Richie-Rich
Tue Sep 24th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Anyone going out? Maybe there will be music this time?

I plan on going.

MarkT
Tue Sep 24th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Cant make it this sunday. Definitly doing hpr or imi on monday though.

blaircsf
Tue Sep 24th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Hrmmm.....

One-ops
Tue Sep 24th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Not enough time in advance.
Doing the bishops ride on the 28th!

mopoet178
Wed Sep 25th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Myself + 1 are planning on going. Can I use a half day lapping punch and pay the difference? I've never done the Wille B, just open lapping.

sag
Thu Sep 26th, 2013, 07:33 PM
ill be there.

Bueller
Sat Sep 28th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Just mounted my least shagged tire and registered.

sag
Sat Sep 28th, 2013, 10:00 PM
see ya guys out there. ill be pitted with a red beemer

Bueller
Mon Sep 30th, 2013, 10:06 AM
perfect day for the track. the hour wait between sessions was a bitty of a bore.
running a worn out rear tire almost bit me hard but l got lucky and kept if on the right side. the impact on the gopromade the video freeze before the slide, but a guy I had just passed said he thinks he got it so I am waiting to see if he sends it to me. just
Hopefully Gary is not too banged up from his incident.
Good to ride with those who came out.

garyC
Mon Sep 30th, 2013, 04:39 PM
I am doing okay. Instead of racing at Miller this weekend, I will be getting surgery to repair my collar bone. It broke into thee pieces.

I want to thank Glen, the EMTs and all the HPR staff for taking care of me. Also, a big thanks to Jeff for unloading my trailer and going to the ER with me.

What happened? I tucked the front wheel entering T13. I have video from gopro that I had pointed at my right to watch throttle and braking. I am surprised how early in the turn that I went down. I will try to post a link to the video.

Bueller
Mon Sep 30th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Sorry to hear your gonna need repairs. Good luck on the recovery, hope it is a good one.

buddahson
Mon Sep 30th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Ah shit Gary. Sorry to hear about your crash. Heal up quick.

garyC
Sat Oct 5th, 2013, 05:20 PM
I had surgery Friday to install plate to fix the collar bone. Six weeks in sling lies ahead for me. Plenty of pain meds, so I am not feeling any pain. Along with the shoulder, I have bruised ribs front and back.

Bueller
Sat Oct 5th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Crappy way to close out the season, hope it all mends well, and pass some meds this way :)

FZRguy
Sat Oct 5th, 2013, 09:13 PM
I suffered like a dog with a plated CB that seemed to take forever to get better. Good news is it will and you'll be good as new eventually. If the hardware bothers you, go ahead and have it taken out. I had mine taken out six months later and it was a snap...nothing like getting it installed!

garyC
Sun Oct 13th, 2013, 07:34 PM
I finally made a video from gopro. http://youtu.be/2FX4odUL7Ng

John: Thanks for the advice the plate.

Rockerbabe88
Mon Oct 14th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Glad to hear you're doing okay!
At least it was at the end of the day.

Generic
Mon Oct 14th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Do you think the brake locked up? I barely see any lean or steering input before you go over, violently. As you mentioned, it's odd and really early in the corner.

I hope you heal up quickly.

asp_125
Mon Oct 14th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Do you think the brake locked up? I barely see any lean or steering input before you go over, violently. As you mentioned, it's odd and really early in the corner.

I hope you heal up quickly.

Wonder if the front just got light. Given that T13 is downhill, if you are on the brakes after the crest the track slopes away from you.

WolFeYeZ
Mon Oct 14th, 2013, 02:01 PM
First lap out and it is the 4th left hand corner.....