PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a Scorpion EXO 750 or EXO 500?

thatmofo
Wed Sep 25th, 2013, 08:54 PM
My helmet let me know its time is up so I am tossing around the idea of getting one of these until I save up for a higher quality helmet.

Interested in hearing from someone that has one of these. Is it worth $120 - $150?

Edit: Another potential candidate: Joe Rocket RKT Prime Vector Motorcycle Helmet

Native
Thu Sep 26th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Exo 1100 XL w/3 shields $150

Generic
Thu Sep 26th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Check out the Bell Vortex line, if they fit your head you can get them for a song http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/sport/motorcycle+helmets/f/brand-109/sort-pricelow

Slo
Thu Sep 26th, 2013, 10:50 AM
I still ride with my EXO500 oil, raced and ridden street with it. Absolutely no complaints.

UHATEIT
Thu Sep 26th, 2013, 03:18 PM
The EXO500 oil is SICK!!! A forum member on here has the Exo 1000 which has the drop down smoke interior shield barely worn, size M in silver for $50.

Wrider
Thu Sep 26th, 2013, 04:05 PM
I've got the 500. No complaints other than it's pretty noisy. I do absolutely love the flip down sun visor...

One-ops
Thu Sep 26th, 2013, 04:26 PM
The EXO500 oil is SICK!!! A forum member on here has the Exo 1000 which has the drop down smoke interior shield barely worn, size M in silver for $50.
Who where I'd be interested if the op isn't

thatmofo
Thu Sep 26th, 2013, 09:03 PM
I am leaning toward the Joe Rocket helmet due to it meeting DOT-218 and Snell M2010 safety ratings.

Drama2
Fri Sep 27th, 2013, 06:14 AM
I have a exo 500 and the fit is great and I use the drop down all the time. Great helmet for the low price.

UHATEIT
Fri Sep 27th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Subaru2Yamaha he is on here, he is my friend outside of the forum and I got him to join on here. He has a silver one he barely every used as he has a Bell Star that he rocks all the time. PM him and he will get back to you real fast!

bennice
Sun Sep 29th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Once you ride with a helmet with the flip down visor inside it's hard to go back to one without.

I have an EXO-700 (no inner visor), and an EXO-1000 (with inner visor). The 700 fits me a little better, but is noisier than the 1000. I'm curious about the 500, 750 and 1100 helmets as replacements.

97ThunderCat
Wed Oct 2nd, 2013, 01:46 AM
Damn I just sold an EXO 500 for 50 bucks... It came with my bike and I didn't like it at all. Thankfully I still had an old Arai Quantum II from my last bike. It's my third Arai helmet they are all I will wear.

Slo
Wed Nov 13th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Just got my Scorpion R2000 a week ago. Full retail is under 400, but performs like a top of the line helmet. Finish including graphics is spot on, sure mechanical action with all vents, whether you have gloves on or off. No internal visor though like on some others, titanium d-rings for the strap. Comes with a nice helmet bag, clear and dark smoked visor, and a cover for the extra visor when not in use.

Best parts of this helmet is the ventilation and aerodynamics. You can actually feel the wind coming through the helmet without it running into your eyes. Also, the wind buffeting, I have not gotten any yet. Thought it was due to cruising on the highway at the speed limit so I had a chance to get a spirited pace and the helmet was stable.

I did sit upright at about 80mph and relaxed my neck as much as possible and had absolutely no pulling in any direction, was amazed..... Even for those that have only purchased and worn high end helmets, many of you would like the R2000.

http://imageshack.us/a/img208/5962/6gbq.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img12/6411/neeg.jpg

Wrider
Wed Nov 13th, 2013, 11:06 AM
How's the wind noise on it?
If my 500 was quieter I would consider it perfect, but I love the internal sun visor.

One-ops
Wed Nov 13th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the review Slo I've been wondering about those since I saw someone rocking one in moto 2.

Slo
Wed Nov 13th, 2013, 11:46 AM
How's the wind noise on it?
If my 500 was quieter I would consider it perfect, but I love the internal sun visor.

My habit is always using ear plugs, but I'm sure you definitely get wind noise with the vents open all the way, but the ventilation will be awesome on a hot day. Yeah I did enjoy the internal visor as well from the 500.

Thanks for the review Slo I've been wondering about those since I saw someone rocking one in moto 2.

No problem at all.....

asp_125
Wed Nov 13th, 2013, 01:10 PM
EXO 1100 here. It's my commuting / touring helmet where I don't want to mess with carrying an extra visor for day vs night riding. The flip down visor is great for that. Compared to my Suomys and AGV the EXO 1100 is heavier and a bit bigger shelled. But it's quiet and comfy for all day rides, and I like the custom fit cheek pump feature.

gator4life108
Mon Nov 18th, 2013, 07:50 PM
I have an EXO-500 with the black oil pattern. Absolutely love it even more so when I go into work and it's dark and then when I get off I have the flip down visor for the sunlight. Can't tell you how many times buddies I ride with complain they can't see stuff at night because of their tinted shields. Flip of a lever and I have both. Wind noise is way better than my old HJC. The chin skirt helps with noise and keeping cold air off of my chin.

Slo
Mon Nov 18th, 2013, 08:02 PM
I have an EXO-500 with the black oil pattern. Absolutely love it even more so when I go into work and it's dark and then when I get off I have the flip down visor for the sunlight. Can't tell you how many times buddies I ride with complain they can't see stuff at night because of their tinted shields. Flip of a lever and I have both. Wind noise is way better than my old HJC. The chin skirt helps with noise and keeping cold air off of my chin.

I used the same helmet/graphics for 2 years. Awesome helmet for the price.