PDA

View Full Version : Got another car over the weekend

moep
Mon Oct 14th, 2013, 07:48 PM
We added another Hyundai to the family over the weekend. We wanted an AWD for the winters and looked at many Jeep Grand Cherokees. We looked high and low but they were all high mileage and pretty beat up. So far we are pretty happy with it. It is a 2009 Santa Fe Limited with 58K on it.

http://imagehost.auroraclubna.com/images/sf2.jpg

http://imagehost.auroraclubna.com/images/sf12.jpg

http://imagehost.auroraclubna.com/images/sf18.jpg

birchyboy
Mon Oct 14th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Nice! Hyundai has been making some good cars in the last few years.

j0ker
Mon Oct 14th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Nice looking ride Moe!

Rabbie303
Tue Oct 15th, 2013, 10:06 AM

Exactly! Them and Kia have made a major come-back over the past few years. Great looking cars now.

And congrats on the new ride sir!

Mother Goose
Tue Oct 15th, 2013, 01:10 PM
It's lasted a while on The Walking Dead.... :D

GMR
Tue Oct 15th, 2013, 09:58 PM

Going to get out to try out a Genesis 2.0t 6MT. I've been very disappointed at how rare a smaller engine, RWD, turbocharged, manual transmission car has become with the exception of BMW which I would rather avoid at all costs. Then I found out about the Genesis. Don't intend on buying a new car (if ever) especially since my car still works and house is more important, but maybe I'll make a rash decision

sciroccojoe
Tue Oct 15th, 2013, 11:43 PM
Going to get out to try out a Genesis 2.0t 6MT. I've been very disappointed at how rare a smaller engine, RWD, turbocharged, manual transmission car has become with the exception of BMW which I would rather avoid at all costs. Then I found out about the Genesis. Don't intend on buying a new car (if ever) especially since my car still works and house is more important, but maybe I'll make a rash decision

Try the 3.8 Coupe over the 2.0t. ;)

OP, nice new car.

As a Hyundai Tech I can say they have definitely become much better vehicles in the last 10 years

moep
Wed Oct 16th, 2013, 08:49 AM

I drove the 2013 Genesis R-Spec. It was very nice. Just not practical for family. I think in two year I will either get the R-Spec or SRT8 Challenger.

GMR
Wed Oct 16th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Try the 3.8 Coupe over the 2.0t. ;)

OP, nice new car.

As a Hyundai Tech I can say they have definitely become much better vehicles in the last 10 years

I'll give it a try, but right now I'm stuck in that death spiral where there's stuff to fix on my car, but the clutch and AC is new, engine will go forever, it's a nice car and just doesn't seem like I NEED a new car. My dad has the V6 TL and I have the I4 TSX but everyone in the family just finds V6s to feel a lot less inspired and less fun to drive despite being more powerful. The 3.8 is almost twice the engine, but no where near twice the power with the 2013 Rspec putting out 274, and I've heard many say with exhaust and remapped ECU it puts out just as well as the 3.8 if not better, with more room for improvement. If only the Rspec came in blue and didn't have those butt-ugly seats, and maybe heated seats?