PDA

View Full Version : Almost went over the front

Ripper
Mon Oct 13th, 2003, 04:32 PM
So yesterday while riding with everyone, when we left to go back through the national park, I decided it was a good time for a stand up, I pulled out, pounched on the pegs, and goosed it. It started coming up nicely, about half way to the balance point, my bike cut out, or shut down and the front came slamming down, almost throwing me over the bars. :?

Has that happened to anyone else?? What the hell happened?

Anonymous
Mon Oct 13th, 2003, 04:38 PM
Fuel starvation? Loose wiring somewhere? Low oil pressure cutoff maybe? :? dunno.

CSUAdam
Mon Oct 13th, 2003, 04:38 PM
I've had this happen a couple of time. Was your bike sitting for a while before you started riding again and then you didn't let it warm up all the way before you tried it? That is the only times I've had it happen.

Ripper
Mon Oct 13th, 2003, 04:47 PM
She was only sittin for 5 minutes, had been riding for a couple hours, just before we stopped.

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Oct 13th, 2003, 06:41 PM
Could have been a small vapor lock. My boat does it all the time and it's fuel injected - most will say you can't vapor lock MPI

Bryce
Tue Oct 14th, 2003, 01:08 PM
well at least you didn't try to copy me and endo the damn thing! :D :o :shock:

Hutch
Tue Oct 14th, 2003, 01:52 PM
:idea: Altitude sickness.

Hoopty
Tue Oct 14th, 2003, 01:56 PM
Damn, that sucks!!! :shock: I've had it pop out of 2nd gear or miss shifts before, crushing my sack on the tank. :cry: Never had the motor just cut out on me though. :?

GixxStunna
Mon Oct 20th, 2003, 05:11 AM
When you come down from a wheelie like that it's usually from coming up too fast and letting off too fast and a wrong body position or ya pulled in the clutch. I have almost popped a nut doing that I think? I dont know but it hurt like hell.

Ripper
Mon Oct 20th, 2003, 08:24 PM
When you come down from a wheelie like that it's usually from coming up too fast and letting off too fast and a wrong body position or ya pulled in the clutch. I have almost popped a nut doing that I think? I dont know but it hurt like hell.

yea, it was coming up nice and smooth though, I stayed in it, then for some reason, it's like the motor just cut out, for a couple seconds, on rare occasion, there is a small hestation at full throttle, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't wide open

BenDover
Mon Oct 20th, 2003, 08:47 PM
This might be stupid, but did you hit the kill switch accidently and when you slammed back down flipping it back on? :?