PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Toy Run to the Children's Hospital - Sunday 12/8 *** NO TWO-WHEELED VEHICLES ***

Spiderman
Mon Nov 4th, 2013, 11:52 AM
The 28th Annual Harley-Davidson Toy Run to the Children's Hospital will be taking place Sunday, Dec. 8, 2013

Breakfast meetup and group ride there again this year?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1405044_10152057344843694_1195356912_o.jpg

asp_125
Mon Nov 4th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Breakfast at the VI again?

j0ker
Mon Nov 4th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Where is the meet up? I am interested.

~Barn~
Mon Nov 4th, 2013, 12:47 PM
See you guys there.

One-ops
Mon Nov 4th, 2013, 01:38 PM
I have to work or I'd be there. Shitty Bike will be torn apart anyway though.
If I can get off I might bring my truck. Could the load the bed, club have any door size Csc magnets from parades or anything?

rforsythe
Mon Nov 4th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Hm, probably should get the street ride registered again... :harrrrr:

madvlad
Mon Nov 4th, 2013, 04:46 PM
In! Will probably have a pre - ride set up from the Highlands Ranch area like the past few years for those in this area who want to roll out. Hopefully the weather is as awesome as last year. I'll check tomorrow see if registration has started at the harley dealer at county line next to GPM.

madvlad
Mon Nov 4th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Where is the meet up? I am interested.

We usually meet up at the Village Inn on Tower and Hampden out in Aurora which is about a 10 minute ride to the Aurora Sport park complex which is where the staging will take place. I'm sure times and what not will be posted within a few weeks so keep an eye out here for that. Some groups do a pre-ride from their areas and into the Village Inn or others just ride solo down there, up to you.

j0ker
Tue Nov 5th, 2013, 07:26 AM
We usually meet up at the Village Inn on Tower and Hampden out in Aurora which is about a 10 minute ride to the Aurora Sport park complex which is where the staging will take place. I'm sure times and what not will be posted within a few weeks so keep an eye out here for that. Some groups do a pre-ride from their areas and into the Village Inn or others just ride solo down there, up to you.

Madvlad thanks for the info. I used to do these every year back in Kansas and am looking forward to this one.

Anyone going from the North? I am in Longmont and wouldn't mind meeting up and riding with some people to the event and back!

madvlad
Tue Nov 5th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Madvlad thanks for the info. I used to do these every year back in Kansas and am looking forward to this one.

Anyone going from the North? I am in Longmont and wouldn't mind meeting up and riding with some people to the event and back!

No problemo dood, it's a really good time!.... I wonder if the children's hospital that just built next to my work is going to have something similar cause I'll donate twice if that's the case haha

madvlad
Tue Nov 5th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Why does this site say December 1st?
http://rmhog.org/activities/activity-categories/fyi-activities/toy-run/

~Barn~
Tue Nov 5th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Harley guys don't use the metric system.

rush4theyeho
Tue Nov 5th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Hm, this seems interesting! I'm gonna see if I can round up a friend or two to join. Hope to meet up with you guys!

j0ker
Wed Nov 6th, 2013, 08:42 AM
There are some guys out north here riding to this as a group. If you are interested in joining in on the ride to and from, speak up.

UHATEIT
Wed Nov 6th, 2013, 12:12 PM
I am in as long as it doesnt snow, we obviously wont know until right before for that. Now that I like 1/2 mile up the road from the VI I can make it for breakfast!

Drama2
Wed Nov 6th, 2013, 12:31 PM
I am a maybe from Lakewood, it all depends on weather and roads.

DemonRider
Mon Nov 18th, 2013, 09:16 PM
I'm in again this year. I'm sure my cast will be off by then :-)

thankgod
Tue Nov 19th, 2013, 02:06 PM
I can bring my truck with topper if anyone wants to put gear or toys in the back :) its been a while since ive done anything with the csc.

madvlad
Wed Nov 20th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Looks like weather will be chilly for that weekend and dry but doable if you layer up. Just signed up at the harley dealer by GPM yesterday and seems like GPM and few other places as well are signing up people. Make sure if you have a passenger it has to be present with you at the time of sign up or else you're SOL lol

UHATEIT
Wed Nov 20th, 2013, 02:47 PM
it is a tad early to be signing up, but if I remember it was free to sign up so I guess it doesnt hurt. Hopefully the weather will be great like last year when it was something like 60+ when the mid day came around

madvlad
Wed Nov 20th, 2013, 06:14 PM
The Weather is calling for mid 40's so far, hopefully it gets warmer but 40's is doable.

Slo
Thu Nov 21st, 2013, 08:48 AM
If it ends up being too cold and others want to car pool/cage it, let me know if your in the Montbello, Aurora'ish area.... I got plenty of room in my pick-em-up truck.

madvlad
Thu Nov 21st, 2013, 09:18 AM
I think James' brother will be caging it in his hummer as every year so those who want to cage it instead of riding even if the weather holds out you're more than welcome to join us. You'll just be entering the park to a different area than we will and you'll come into the hospital with the last groups which are the car clubs etc

~Barn~
Thu Nov 21st, 2013, 10:19 AM
If it's all Winter Wonderland on the-day-of, I'll be rolling in the Suburban and I have room for... um... lots. Chances for clouds inside the 'Burban will be 100%. :siesta:

Jmetz
Thu Nov 21st, 2013, 11:47 AM
I would like to RSVP to your safety meeting.

~Barn~
Thu Nov 21st, 2013, 12:04 PM
I would like to RSVP to your safety meeting.

Done. Just put this little red sticker on your forehead, so I know that you're pre-registered.

Ph03niX
Thu Nov 21st, 2013, 10:38 PM

I'm likely to go to this. I'm in Erie so we could meet up!

If it's above 50, I'll ride my bike. Below that I'll just have to bring my integra with the Train horn :twisted:

ChangBang
Thu Nov 21st, 2013, 10:52 PM
I think I'm in! As long as its dry, I'll be riding. In for VI too.

If it's wet, I can provide rides from the caphill/wash park area.

bornwildnfree
Fri Nov 22nd, 2013, 07:28 AM
Dick and I are in!

salsashark
Fri Nov 22nd, 2013, 12:02 PM
Have fun all...

Such a great ride, and a great cause.

yet another reason why I hate Maryland... :mad:

madvlad
Fri Nov 22nd, 2013, 03:20 PM
Have fun all...

Such a great ride, and a great cause.

yet another reason why I hate Maryland... :mad:

Easy solution brah, move back lol

salsashark
Sat Nov 23rd, 2013, 02:36 PM
Easy solution brah, move back lol

Would love to... gotta find a job first.

madvlad
Sat Nov 23rd, 2013, 06:13 PM
Would love to... gotta find a job first.

Given that all the out of state people are draining not only our jobs but just filling the state with their stupidity, I'd say that's a long shot lol... I'm wanting to leave cause of all the idiots that are invading us plus changing scene a little bit would be nice, however economies on other states and job stability is sucking something fierce.

UHATEIT
Tue Nov 26th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Damn I need to find which shop is the closest to me and get over and sign up!

madvlad
Tue Nov 26th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Looks like BMW of Denver is your best bet. Right next to Infiniti of Denver and Land Rover on Dartmouth and Havana.

UHATEIT
Thu Nov 28th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Looks like BMW of Denver is your best bet. Right next to Infiniti of Denver and Land Rover on Dartmouth and Havana.

That's awesome. I was thinking they meant the BMW dealership way over in Lakewood. That one off Havana is right by my way home. Thanks for mentioning that. I spaced out for sure.

madvlad
Thu Nov 28th, 2013, 12:46 PM
That's awesome. I was thinking they meant the BMW dealership way over in Lakewood. That one off Havana is right by my way home. Thanks for mentioning that. I spaced out for sure.

The one in Lakewood is foothills

Spiderman
Thu Dec 5th, 2013, 01:16 PM
So, looking at the forecast for Aurora on Sunday, at 8AM, it's supposed to be 1 degree Fahrenheit, and snowing...

Does anybody still plan on riding?

Who's caging it?

Who's out completely, cuz it's just too damn cold (or otherwise)?

~Barn~
Thu Dec 5th, 2013, 02:49 PM
I'm definitely still in for breakfast, and dropping a toy or three off. :up:

j0ker
Thu Dec 5th, 2013, 03:00 PM
I am out this year..... !@#$!@ snow in December! Oh wait, this is winter!

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Dec 5th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Does anybody still plan on riding?A friend rode his DRZ in bad weather one year and the officials wouldn't let him in the parking lot, so he just waited down the road and joined in when everyone went past.

rforsythe
Thu Dec 5th, 2013, 05:12 PM
I'm caging it. Couldn't get the bike out if I wanted to at this point, plus the subzero temps make my mangina flare up.

TFOGGuys
Thu Dec 5th, 2013, 05:15 PM
I'm caging it. Couldn't get the bike out if I wanted to at this point, plus the subzero temps make my mangina flare up.

You have studded tires...don't be a wuss...:lol::devil1:

madvlad
Thu Dec 5th, 2013, 08:20 PM
I'm still in but won't ride. I'll be caging it

Penadam
Thu Dec 5th, 2013, 10:34 PM
If I manage to take it easy during our site Christmas party, I'm in, and will be riding. Believe it was 2 years ago they turned the bikes around, so the few of us who rode had our own little parade. They still doing the little red sticker?

rforsythe
Fri Dec 6th, 2013, 07:38 AM
You have studded tires...don't be a wuss...:lol::devil1:

Not since you took em off the bike! :( (Still have the anakees on there)

Spiderman
Fri Dec 6th, 2013, 11:27 AM
I spoke to Rocky Mountain HD this morning and was informed that, for safety reasons, 2-wheeled vehicles will not be allowed in the Aurora Sports Park.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/events/166638746876371/

swademaster
Fri Dec 6th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Not sure if we'll make it for breakfast this year. We might just go to the hospital and drop off toys.

madvlad
Sun Dec 8th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Got a table for 20 right now, head on down!

~Barn~
Sun Dec 8th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Good time today! :up:

madvlad
Mon Dec 9th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Yea it was fun, not too many people showed up at the hospital which is a first.

~Barn~
Tue Dec 10th, 2013, 02:06 PM
I guess sportbikers don't roll as hard as Harley folks, when it comes to rep'ing for charity. Even the Ruff Ryders had a noticeable presence at the turnout. Oh well... maybe next year.

Jmetz
Tue Dec 10th, 2013, 03:17 PM
I slept in and just went up to the hospital in the afternoon.

madvlad
Tue Dec 10th, 2013, 05:29 PM
There's been other years with snow and it was still packed so not sure if the game had something to do with it.

Nick_Ninja
Wed Dec 11th, 2013, 09:29 AM
I have used the UPS option in the past and will continue to do so. My days of attending this are over. :D

UHATEIT
Fri Dec 13th, 2013, 12:15 PM
I would have gone but not with the weather. Maybe next year will be a warm one like last year