PDA

View Full Version : Anybody missing a 2007 R6?

TheShark
Mon Nov 4th, 2013, 03:26 PM
I saw this on CL today. Call me crazy but when the pics show a license plate but the description says no title I get more than a little suspicious. Is there an easy way to report this type of thing?

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/4163664152.html

I'm trying to upload a screen shot in case the ad goes down but not having any luck.

asp_125
Mon Nov 4th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Try asking for the VIN

TheShark
Tue Nov 5th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Try asking for the VIN

I'm not sure I want the guy to know anything about me if it is stolen. But it's a pretty good price if it's not stolen. Although I would really want a title. Ya know another possibility is that there's a lien on the title somewhere.

Generic
Tue Nov 5th, 2013, 09:15 AM
I am texting to see whats up with it

#1Townie
Tue Nov 5th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Newbs. There is a loan on the bike and the guy has no intentions of paying off the loan. Terrible idea. Doesn't matter how good the price is. The bike won't be yours and you risk someone like me taking it away some day.

Generic
Tue Nov 5th, 2013, 12:51 PM
"The bike was a friend's. I loaned him $4,000 and he gave me the bike with no title as collateral. He took off with my money and it's been 70 days."

So... good luck to that guy.

Clovis
Tue Nov 5th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Wow, take a collaterial worth 5-6K on a $40,000 loan? Oh, and no title either?

Funny, I've got this bridge for sale... ;)

Yeah, don't buy that bike or Townie will come repo it.

Generic
Tue Nov 5th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Wow, take a collaterial worth 5-6K on a $40,000 loan? Oh, and no title either?

Funny, I've got this bridge for sale... ;)

Yeah, don't buy that bike or Townie will come repo it.

That was a typo, comma not a zero, fixed.

Grim2.0
Tue Nov 5th, 2013, 02:32 PM
So He is going to part it out or let someone make it a track bike because he does not legally own it, isn't there a word for that.......oh yea theft. stay the F away from this bike.

Drama2
Tue Nov 5th, 2013, 03:13 PM
If someone does buy it what will happen is the owner will and can file for stolen and when it is found then you who paid for it will be out the cost and maybe face charges. Police officer question.

Aaron
Wed Nov 6th, 2013, 06:40 PM
What the others said, stay away from this bike.

What I'm afraid will happen is the original owner will report it stolen, saying he lent it to a friend and the friend never returned it. Most Police Officers will see that as a civil matter, and dismiss the case. So he will go home, hash over another story, and go back the next day saying the bike was parked at *Insert randy-ass location* and it was stolen. Being he is registered owner, the bike is reported as stolen. So the new buyer gets pulled over one day, and before he knows it he is in jail and the bike is in impound. Charges will eventually be dropped I imagine, but that doesn't save him from the night in jail or get his $3200 back.

sag
Thu Nov 7th, 2013, 05:49 PM
dude should mechanics lien that shiz

Aaron
Thu Nov 7th, 2013, 06:34 PM
The problem with Mechanic's liens is that you have to be a licensed shop, and you have to take the bike in for a repair. Kind of difficult if he has a signed bill of sale.

#1Townie
Thu Nov 7th, 2013, 10:18 PM
And holy hell the paperwork and DMV bullshit that goes with it. We had to do one on a repo and it sucked. Not only does it have to be a shop but you ha e to buy an insurance bond on it and jump through about a million other loops. Just not worth it.

UHATEIT
Fri Nov 8th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Thats a gorgeous bike for the price. Sucks about the title situation. The guy has a socal number which could explain the beach-type shots in his ad, tho the bike shows a colorado plate if I am seeing it correctly

vort3xr6
Fri Nov 8th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Takes 5.5 hours to completely swap frames. Just sayin.