PDA

View Full Version : Time to make GEAR smaller!!!

DemonRider
Thu Nov 14th, 2013, 08:43 AM
http://youtu.be/EqF4n9HSFSA

thanks Aaron :-)

Aaron
Thu Nov 14th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Trees are always in the damn way. Embedded the vid for all you lazy folk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqF4n9HSFSA&feature=youtu.be

Drano
Thu Nov 14th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Another classic case of target fixation. That kid should get some proper instruction and a track day before taking it to the streets!

Bueller
Thu Nov 14th, 2013, 12:48 PM
child endangerment.

j0ker
Thu Nov 14th, 2013, 01:01 PM
child endangerment.
This!

That kid has a pacifier in his mouth and is wearing diapers. This father is a fucking idiot.

Aaron
Thu Nov 14th, 2013, 02:09 PM
I disagree with both of you.

Is teaching a kid how to ride a bicycle child endangerment? What if the kid falls? How how about teaching them to walk? That's horrifying, because I've seen plenty of kids fall and split their forehead open. I think we should put every child in a padded cell until they're 25yo, that way it's impossible for them to ever die. But then, they never really live either.

j0ker
Thu Nov 14th, 2013, 02:26 PM
I disagree with both of you.

Is teaching a kid how to ride a bicycle child endangerment? What if the kid falls? How how about teaching them to walk? That's horrifying, because I've seen plenty of kids fall and split their forehead open. I think we should put every child in a padded cell until they're 25yo, that way it's impossible for them to ever die. But then, they never really live either.

As a father of 5 kids I can assure you this is some stupid ass parenting. He fucking needs at the very least a helmet and something to put over his arms and back. This kid can probably not even walk that well yet. What if he had split his head open on the structure or the bike had maimed him. He is obviously too young to be on this thing.

Riding a bike that you cant pedal and falling off is a lot different than shootin off at 15mph with no idea how to stop or turn or stand up.

Ezzzzy1
Thu Nov 14th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Kid has absolutely no motor skills at that age. Im going to go out on a limb here and say that his chances of being all that smart are probably slim to none.

Aaron
Thu Nov 14th, 2013, 02:38 PM
What if the sun had given the kid skin cancer? We should definitely never let the kid outside ever again. And what if the motorcycle engine had blown apart? We should ban internal combustion engines. And what if a gunman had killed him? We should ban guns so no one ever dies again. You should probably run for congress, you know, safety first.

Ezzzzy1
Thu Nov 14th, 2013, 03:26 PM
You are missing it all man... Probably because you dont have kids but everyones perspectives change when that happens.

You wouldnt leave an infant outside to tan, would you? There is a level of responsibility that you have to bring to the table when it comes to parenting and a big part of that is deciding what is best for the child. Its pretty clear to tell in the long run who was raised "right" and who was raised "wrong".

Parenting is the most important job that you could ever do. As a parent you are responsible for deciding who, what, why and when. In this case I think that most responsible parents will tell you, at the very least, this kid was too young to be doing what he was doing. Period.

The Black Knight
Thu Nov 14th, 2013, 07:20 PM
I can see both sides of this argument. While I agree that the child was too young to be put on a motorized bike. The fall was harmless and he seemed to land o.k. Sure it surprised him and made him cry. But I'll bet as soon as mom kissed the boo boo, he's dying to get back on it.

While I wasn't riding motorized stuff at that age. I will say I was on a bicycle from a very young age. As soon as the training wheels came off, is when I started riding faster, harder and doing jumps. As a young boy on a bmx bike, I must have ate shit 100's of times. Yeah it hurt and made you feel bad but speaking for myself, I was always waiting for the next ride out with friends to try it again. Sooner or later you nail the jump or whatever it is you're aiming to achieve.

Maybe I had an old school Dad too, if I got hurt. He'd look me over to see if I was actually hurt or just being a baby, then tell me to shake it off and get back up. Yeah my mom freaked out when I'd crash(what Mom doesn't?). But my Dad knew that I was just like him, in that if it's got "two wheels" then the limits will get pushed.

I don't know, I can't say as it's the worst thing I've seen parents let their kids do. I wouldn't necessarily call the parents "bad parents" either. Maybe "inexperienced" parents but I also look at it is it's not my kid and as long as the parents aren't beating them, then let them do whatever they want. Their kids, not mine...

If the kid grows up with a love of two wheels, it won't be the first time he eats shit or takes a dirt nap...

j0ker
Thu Nov 14th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Couple of thoughts here. I am all for a little tough love and boo boos are ok. But, as a parent you should at least use common sense. Put a helmet on that kid! He might have been fine after he wrecked, but you really have no idea if he is fine or not, as hes rolling through the grass at the end of the video. We all gear up when we ride, why is a baby different?

I'm not sure why Aaron is off on a guns and suntan rant, but if he doesn't have kids, that explains his attitude about this a lot. As a parent, let your kid get hurt one time on your watch and see what happens. You will start looking for ways to protect them better, not less. Aaron is saying, "should we ban ...." (this or that) if someone gets hurt. I am not talking about banning anything. I am talking about a parent engaging his common sense to make sure his 1 year old doesn't break his fucking neck. Kids in diapers do not know how to control their assholes, how are they going to be able to drive a vehicle with any reliable motor skill?

mdub
Fri Nov 15th, 2013, 05:43 AM
One good thing the sperm donor did not do. cut the grass that day

Slo
Fri Nov 15th, 2013, 08:39 AM
My 3 year old regularly heads out to either IMI or Watkins.... has had an off road go-kart, KTM50, Yamaha TTR50, and a Polaris Predator 50. Had a pocket bike but never rode it yet. He is geared up at all times with his pull-ups underneath for any accidents.

I am a gear nazi and letting a kid out on a bike without some protective gear is a big risk. Glad he fell down early, not after he gained more speed from being out of control...... My son has crashed and flipped over once, naturally it scared the sh*t outta me. He was fine, besides being freaked out and crying. I put him back onto the 4 wheeler after a few seconds of reassurance and made him ride for another 15 minutes or so. Best thing I ever did.

http://imageshack.us/a/img196/7189/5cak.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img600/6982/lvni.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img198/4323/hict.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCQExoX2d3c&feature=c4-overview&list=UUM_rEWAW9OBAz3shQHQ_5Ew

j0ker
Fri Nov 15th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Those are some great shots of your kiddies. I have the exact same Honda 50 setup. +100 for gear!