PDA

View Full Version : Who's still riding?

Gas Pumper
Tue Nov 26th, 2013, 11:24 AM
So, who's still riding? I'm still doing my 70 mile commute everyday on the bike so far (except last Thursday and Friday). It was pretty cold yesterday.

It's pretty rare to see any other rider's except for me now. Once every other week or so, a guy at work rides his gixxer in.

My bike did roll over to 10,000 miles yesterday. It's been one leg-stretching season for the Ninja. It only had 3700 miles on it when I bought it in June.

So, did everyone call it quits for the winter? 20* isn't that cold... :cool:

One-ops
Tue Nov 26th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Not a big fan of the commute riding, pretty much done yeah

asp_125
Tue Nov 26th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Still riding, just dress warmly. No serious canyon carving but still get out on the twisties now and again. The lower stretches are rideable with the proper caution.

Gas Pumper
Tue Nov 26th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Not a big fan of the commute riding
I have good days, and days where I wished I had a LAWs mounted. Traffic can get bad... mostly the construction and everyone rubber necking looking at a fender bender. I've saved about $1500 in fuel over the past 5 months though.

I do have some serious chicken strips though. Can't find the time to hit the twisties as often as I would like.

Native
Tue Nov 26th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Bear Creek is pretty good through the winter for jaunts, usually free of ice, sand, etc

Vance
Tue Nov 26th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Rode to work last week.
May ride on Black Friday.

Gas Pumper
Fri Dec 13th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Well, I haven't been on the road for the last couple of weeks... too much snow, ice, sand and ice-melt on the roads.

Rode in today though, just a little cold but not too bad. Glad to be back on two.

TFOGGuys
Fri Dec 13th, 2013, 09:33 AM
I rode today. A little ice on the side streets, but not bad. 17 degrees when I left the house.

Generic
Fri Dec 13th, 2013, 09:36 AM
I'm hoping to get my stator rebuilt and get out this weekend. I need to get the bike over to Jim for my valve maintence

Nick_Ninja
Fri Dec 13th, 2013, 09:46 AM
I rode on Monday. I will ride again either tomorrow or Sunday..... or Monday..... or Tuesday........... :roll:

mdub
Mon Dec 16th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Rode to work. Cool first cpl miles.

Grt to ride bike, even though it has been several weeks.

Slo
Mon Dec 16th, 2013, 12:54 PM
My commute is from one end of 225 to the other, tried riding to work a couple times and each time on the way home, I was cursing all the traffic.

longrider
Mon Dec 16th, 2013, 02:38 PM
The dirt road and driveway are finally clear so i will be getting the bike out tomorrow. Looks like 3 days of riding and then it depends on which weather forecast is right for the next 2 days

Gas Pumper
Mon Dec 16th, 2013, 02:59 PM
My commute is from one end of 225 to the other, tried riding to work a couple times and each time on the way home, I was cursing all the traffic.

I learned real quick which lane to be in at what point to get through it quick.

I will be having a fun ride home today. The wind here in Broomfield is insane right now.

Generic
Mon Dec 16th, 2013, 03:13 PM
I learned real quick which lane to be in at what point to get through it quick.

I will be having a fun ride home today. The wind here in Broomfield is insane right now.

Soooo glad I didn't ride today for this reason. I'm hoping to ride to work tomorrow, it's so damn warm up here today.

JustinP
Sat Jan 18th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Ride year round here in CO except for when I know there's going to be ice on the roads :)

madvlad
Sat Jan 18th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Beautiful weekend to ride, get out people! Lol

asp_125
Sat Jan 18th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Planning to tomorrow.. roads will be deserted for some reason. ;)

Ph03niX
Sat Jan 18th, 2014, 06:53 PM
Road today and will be riding tomorrow!

AdamAnnen
Sat Jan 18th, 2014, 09:24 PM
I've been lucky and got a lot of rides in for the commute between castle rock and dtc. Got Wed/Thu/Fri in this week and weather permitting plan on riding all next week.
Pretty cold at 6:30am on the I25 at 85 mph but worth riding in for the lunch time ride and ride home at 4pm. Traffic is great at these times except Friday which always seem to be slow.
Hope to see more of you out there.
Adam

Grant H.
Sun Jan 26th, 2014, 06:48 PM
Road for a while today. Just out screwing around.

Same last Sunday.

Not the warmest, but not bad for the middle of January.

One-ops
Sun Jan 26th, 2014, 07:07 PM
I need more bikes. Be nice to have at least one I could jump on when its nice enough like today and yesterday was.

Matrix
Sun Jan 26th, 2014, 07:45 PM
Its always amazing to me how it feels to get back on a bike after a few months off. I swear it felt like a star wars speeder when I cracked open the throttle yesterday. What a rush! Ready to get back to riding more consistently.

gator4life108
Sun Jan 26th, 2014, 08:07 PM
It is nice to get on the saddle every once in awhile. I rode Saturday, not a lot of bikes out. Drivers not looking for bikes as they were not expecting me. Saw a few squids in gym shorts, t-shirts, and sneakers. Surprised to see them since its early season for them. Just shook my head and laughed as I was a bit chilly in full gear.

Generic
Mon Jan 27th, 2014, 01:05 PM
I was so bummed I couldn't get out on Sunday, it was great when I got back into town. I hoping it warms back up soon.

Grant H.
Mon Jan 27th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Its always amazing to me how it feels to get back on a bike after a few months off. I swear it felt like a star wars speeder when I cracked open the throttle yesterday. What a rush! Ready to get back to riding more consistently.

This is no joke.

Way to much fun getting back on the bike. Cranking on the liter bike is a blast.

sloridr
Mon Jan 27th, 2014, 10:56 PM
Rode to Kansas and back last Wednesday! Got home about the time the snow started flying. Was a bit chilly though, the last 3 hours it was 28*... I'll be out next Wednesday too!

Gas Pumper
Fri Mar 28th, 2014, 11:03 AM
I've been commuting again after a few weeks of just insane cold in Feb.

Was surprised this morning when there was some icy spots near Interlocken. East of 25 was bone dry for me... was really surprised to see snow and ice on the west side.