PDA

View Full Version : Tablet for kids, question???

Ezzzzy1
Fri Nov 29th, 2013, 03:10 PM
I gave my older iPad to my son but was thinking about picking up two cheaper tablets for my kids for Christmas. The iPads are great but I was looking at tablets that are >$100 and was wondering what anyone could share with the ins and outs of these.

I have never used anything with the android operating systems so thats where I am at a loss. These will mostly be used for the educational apps and games, Youtube etc...

Here`s the ones that I am eyeballing (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Noria-7-Android-Tablet-PC-w-Dual-Core-8GB-Camera-WiFi-HDMI-Multi-Touch-Web-Cam/310748506234?pt=US_Tablets&hash=item485a0de87a) (just because of price). If anyone has any advice I would love to hear it!

Here is another one (http://tech.woot.com/)

Thanks!

kingtut
Fri Nov 29th, 2013, 04:17 PM
I'm no techy, but my wife just got one of these. That very one (Noria) if I'm not mistaken. She pretty much plays games on it. From what I can tell, for the price, its pretty sweet.

Ezzzzy1
Sat Nov 30th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Thanks Nate

Little surprised that no one else has anything on these guys

kingtut
Sat Nov 30th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Sure thing EJ. It's certainly no Apple product, but for the $60-ish we paid who cares- ha ha.

Everyone else may have the bookoo samalians for the 'good stuff'..

Chris
Mon Dec 9th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Nexus 7. Try to find a first gen for $99 on sale.

The no name ones suck honestly.

Wrider
Mon Dec 9th, 2013, 10:00 AM
I'm on a nexus 7 and like it quite a bit. Same display quality as your precious Apple products, but uses a true non proprietary Android operating system.

lth
Mon Dec 9th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Another vote for the Nexus 7. Also, second the idea of looking for a first gen one if you want to keep costs down.

Matty
Mon Dec 9th, 2013, 04:55 PM
And here I am wishing of a way to take back her itouch. My 10 year old plays on it non-stop.

kingtut
Mon Dec 9th, 2013, 05:11 PM
The no name ones suck honestly.

So you're telling me mine sucks? Dammit.