PDA

View Full Version : 4wd shop recommendations

birchyboy
Mon Dec 9th, 2013, 09:45 AM
I'm thinking of having a 2" suspension lift installed on my Yukon. Can anyone recommend a good shop that can do the work, including new shocks, in the Denver area?

One-ops
Mon Dec 9th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Go talk to Seth at 4 wheel parts +1 (303) 341-5337
Yell him Matts boy Nik Scott sent ya.

One-ops
Mon Dec 9th, 2013, 12:35 PM
If its to much I can do all of it but the alignment.
Not sure if they offer them for your Yukon but Bilstein has a strut in their 5100 series that will lift it 0-3 in. What year is your Yukon?

teamextreme
Mon Dec 9th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Or try High Country Performance 4x4 over on Hampden/Sante Fe. I've heard a few complaints on 4WP service work, but take internet gripes for what it's worth.

birchyboy
Mon Dec 9th, 2013, 12:51 PM
It's a '99 with AutoTrac if that matters. I need to spend some time looking at the shocks. I'll be towing a camper this spring, which is why I want to keep the lift on the smaller side. I appreciate the offer One-ops. Let me get some quotes and then I'll PM you.

One-ops
Mon Dec 9th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Ck Ajusa I've found good prices here in the past doing a set of 5100's on my truck next month
http://www.ajusa.com/Bilstein-Monotube-Shock-Absorbers-and-Struts-c2ddev1895q6b8a.html
Yours is differant no strut in the front on the Yukon. It's a torsion bar setup up front then I'm guessing. You can crank them 2 inches or get a index block from zone offroad for the 2in in the front and just do a lift block on the rear. I just cranked mine instead of the index kit. 3in with no issues on my colorado back when I had it.
Or you could do a body lift from zone as well.

birchyboy
Mon Dec 9th, 2013, 01:46 PM
I was thinking of keys for the front and either blocks or additional springs for the back. I need to see which is preferred for towing. I'm not a fan of body lifts.