PDA

View Full Version : Georges St. Pierre vacates title - Leaves MMA for indefinite L.o.A

~Barn~
Fri Dec 13th, 2013, 12:35 PM
The live phone conference is happening now (http://mmajunkie.com/radio/). He's basically retired and the title has been vacated. He states he's "not sure" when he will be mentally ready to undergo another training camp. Sounds mentally exhausted and is stating that is the primary reason. A mental break.

~Barn~
Fri Dec 13th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Call is still on-going...

March 15, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Johnny Hendricks vs. Robbie Lawler for the vacant title.

madvlad
Fri Dec 13th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Kind of saw that coming after the fight that just happened. Hope Hendricks takes it.

~Barn~
Fri Dec 13th, 2013, 12:57 PM
I hope Robbie puts Hendricks to sleep and then Condit and Lawler have a crack at each other.

Ezzzzy1
Fri Dec 13th, 2013, 03:18 PM
I hope Robbie puts Hendricks to sleep and then Condit and Lawler have a crack at each other.

As it should be.

Lots of rumors surrounding why GSP is doing what hes doing. Dana wasnt happy yesterday when asked if he thought GSP was going to pull the plug. He even said that GSP wasnt going to announce anything ground breaking, guess he was caught a little off guard.

~Barn~
Fri Dec 13th, 2013, 03:34 PM
:lol: That's because Dana White can't think past his own forehead.

#1Townie
Fri Dec 13th, 2013, 03:55 PM
I'm not sure I can really agree with you there barn. He has made the ufc and endless fighters tons of money. He does his job and does a good job. He doesn't take shit from cry babies.

Slo
Fri Dec 13th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Good to see a champion leave while still a champion instead of sorry excuses like tito ortiz (great example).

Tiutis
Fri Dec 13th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Wow that was surprising, although there were signs that he was really fed up of fighting and beat up.
Good for him, I'm, with Slo on "leaving while still champion"