PDA

View Full Version : Towing / Toy Hauler questions?

DemonRider
Mon Dec 23rd, 2013, 02:30 PM
We are exploring a couple of avenues, so just a couple of quick questions ..

1) What have people paid recently for towing of a motorcycle that has been disabled for one reason or another? (If friends or Family aren't available)

2) What have people paid for small roadside type services on a Bike that has been disabled?

This is only exploratory for now.

Thanks ;-)

Generic
Mon Dec 23rd, 2013, 03:21 PM
AMA $49/year, I just signed up.

asp_125
Mon Dec 23rd, 2013, 04:39 PM
I already had AAA Plus with 100mi free towing on the cars, upgraded to Plus/RV for an additional $54 a year.

DemonRider
Mon Dec 23rd, 2013, 04:58 PM
But when those are not available or when the wait is going to be several hours what would you like to happen in those cases? Or before you had those services what we're you charged? (we are also AMA members) just for those emergency last minute can't wait type situations or for those that don't have those services.

asp_125
Mon Dec 23rd, 2013, 05:10 PM
The only time I needed emergency towing was a flat tire I had in Golden. I just posted up on CSC and a couple of you replied offering to help. :up:

If someone were to offer like that I would certainly throw in some money for gas and your time. I had to help another CSC member drag his bike from the bushes on Mt Evans back to Lakewood one season. Got a free burger and fries out of it. It's all good karma.

#1Townie
Mon Dec 23rd, 2013, 05:17 PM
I can tell you that the price through any tow company for a bike will be the same as a car. Doesn't matter what size bike. I have yet to hear of anyone who charges less for towing a bike. Its still a tow and it actually takes longer to tow a bike. There is more involved. So if you are out in the mountains it would be far better to wait for how ever long for your motor club or even better a friend. Lots of tow companies in the mountains charge an arm and a leg for towing.

DemonRider
Mon Dec 23rd, 2013, 05:21 PM
Ya that's what I figured ;-) I usually am pulling out the trailer for that very reason, when needed just to have something to do when I am available ;-). Thanks for the quick feedback guys I do appreciate it. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year