PDA

View Full Version : 4500 k HID's

BuckNasty
Wed Dec 25th, 2013, 07:09 PM
hey guys i was thinking about getting an hid kit for my 07 cbr600rr, ive heard that the 4500k system will melt the stock headlight housing. Let me know what you guys know. what i need what i dont need, best place to buy etc. Also i have heard its a pretty easy plug and play install is this true? thanks in advance.

_Nasty_

TFOGGuys
Wed Dec 25th, 2013, 07:49 PM
I've got 6000K and 8000K systems available. I'm using a 6000K in my VFR with no issues. Install is plug and play, but finding room for the ballasts might be interesting. The kits I carry also have the correct focusing points/shielding to reduce scatter and glare for oncoming traffic.

BuckNasty
Wed Dec 25th, 2013, 08:00 PM
I've got 6000K and 8000K systems available. I'm using a 6000K in my VFR with no issues. Install is plug and play, but finding room for the ballasts might be interesting. The kits I carry also have the correct focusing points/shielding to reduce scatter and glare for oncoming traffic.

Awsome man im glad you replied. Ive been looking for some kind of shop other then fay. I looked at your website and saw that it was under construction. Do you guys happen to do tire installs?

TFOGGuys
Wed Dec 25th, 2013, 08:31 PM
We do, as well as having some of the best tire prices around...

madvlad
Wed Dec 25th, 2013, 08:31 PM
As long as they're 35watt they should be fine.

FZRguy
Wed Dec 25th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Hey Jim, what do you think I can do to improve the lighting on my DRZ? The stock light is fairly pathetic and the Acerbis LED light I have now is worse. I need some way to aim the light and minimize the refection off the yellow front fender. She's an E model so not sure what kind of power I can get away with. Stocker is a single 35 watt halogen.

BuckNasty
Thu Dec 26th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the help guys. and ill defiantly be bringing my bike to TFOG Wheelsports from now on! :headbang:

UHATEIT
Thu Dec 26th, 2013, 04:04 PM
I have 8000K on my SV650 because I liked that the blue matches well to the bike, and green ones on my Ninja (not sure of the color temp but they light up green). I have installed HID kits on every car my wife and I have owned since HID's started getting popular something like 2003 or so. It is extremely easy plug n play. I like the idea that TFOG has ones that adjust the output to avoid scatter. I figured there had to be some like that, as the ones on my ninja I have in the High and Low beams but the lense for each is different so the high beam is super bright while the daytime running low beam is not the same, would be great to be able to adjust the output for the high bulb to calm it down to match the brightness of the Low beam.

BuckNasty
Fri Dec 27th, 2013, 07:46 AM
I have 8000K on my SV650 because I liked that the blue matches well to the bike, and green ones on my Ninja (not sure of the color temp but they light up green). I have installed HID kits on every car my wife and I have owned since HID's started getting popular something like 2003 or so. It is extremely easy plug n play. I like the idea that TFOG has ones that adjust the output to avoid scatter. I figured there had to be some like that, as the ones on my ninja I have in the High and Low beams but the lense for each is different so the high beam is super bright while the daytime running low beam is not the same, would be great to be able to adjust the output for the high bulb to calm it down to match the brightness of the Low beam.

Ya the only reason i was wanting the 4500k was because my bikes black and red and i wanted like a white color kinda like my third eye. Now im lookin into the angel eye projectors that have red devil eye and audi lights they look pretty sick but theyre also pretty pricy. Might just go with the hids for now.

Aaron
Fri Dec 27th, 2013, 11:04 AM
I run 4300k in all of my applications. No offense to anyone else of course, but anything higher than that is detrimental to illumination, and looks more fake and ricey vs the 4300, which look factory and classy to me.

BuckNasty
Fri Dec 27th, 2013, 11:11 AM
I run 4300k in all of my applications. No offense to anyone else of course, but anything higher than that is detrimental to illumination, and looks more fake and ricey vs the 4300, which look factory and classy to me.

ya buddy i agree. I mean i probably would go with a little bluer of a tint but im wanting to match the third eye the best i can. but as i said those halo projectors are lookin yummy :yumyum:

Aaron
Fri Dec 27th, 2013, 11:14 AM
That's what I've got on my RR, halo projectors with 4300k bulbs.

BuckNasty
Fri Dec 27th, 2013, 11:24 AM
whered you get em from?

Aaron
Fri Dec 27th, 2013, 12:17 PM
CSC member Dannymack is a dealer for the Retrofit Source so I got them through him.

guessinthe2000
Sun Dec 29th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Aaron do you happen to have his contact info

Aaron
Sun Dec 29th, 2013, 11:55 AM
His email is sightcreationsinc@gmail.com and I'll PM you his phone number. His name is Dan, and in addition to being local and a CSC member he had the lowest prices I could find online.

BuckNasty
Sun Dec 29th, 2013, 12:30 PM
I'll most likely shoot him an email as well thanks for the information buddy

Dannymack
Mon Dec 30th, 2013, 10:07 AM
His email is sightcreationsinc@gmail.com and I'll PM you his phone number. His name is Dan, and in addition to being local and a CSC member he had the lowest prices I could find online.

Thanks for sending that out Aaron. BTW do you have finished pictures of yours? I'm quite curious of how it came out in the end.

Aaron
Mon Dec 30th, 2013, 06:42 PM
I don't, I'll grab some this week. They came out fantastic, but after botching mine I outsourced haha. Unfortunately I've had them less than a year and just had a bulb or ballast go out :-/

UHATEIT
Tue Dec 31st, 2013, 08:37 AM
As stated by Aaron to each their own on the color choices. I have owned 5 blue cars so I always liked the 8000K look, this is not straight freakin blue like 10000K HID are, they are still very white with more of a hint of blue at the edges than 6000K. I think it looks great on my Blue SV650. I will say tho that the HID will look different depending on the type of lense that it is in. The SV had dual chromed stock lenses and are very bright, whereas I have 8000K In my Mazda which has stock projectors and they do not project very well at all. My big thing was to be SEEN not in a ricey way but by oncoming cars. When I ride with the CSC you can always tell my bike in your sideview mirror at a glance because of the blue color on the lights, its good for a quick glance to know how far back I am (always the slowest rider) But is also good for driving in traffic. I think us riders need to stand out so that people notice us better at a glance before they make say an unprotected left turn. That is just me but as stated to each their own. I really like the clean look of 4500K, 5000K or even 6000K, but wanted something to stand out and match a bit with my bike. I am posting some pics below, and it is not as drastic as you'd think for 8000K honestly, its 10000K that is straight fuckin blue and looks very ricey!

As below they are very bright white, but have a blue hue at the edges of the lenses that imo looked good with the bike color being blue

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l72/widerisbetter/Ninja%20Stuff/2013-07-29%2020.57.12_zpsa0mlwalw.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l72/widerisbetter/Ninja%20Stuff/2013-07-29%2020.56.48_zpsdedhg0lt.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l72/widerisbetter/Ninja%20Stuff/2013-07-29%2020.55.52_zps4mkqryhy.jpg

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l72/widerisbetter/Ninja%20Stuff/2013-08-02%2018.38.00_zps759s0jrp.jpg

BuckNasty
Tue Dec 31st, 2013, 11:09 AM
those do match well with the bike. well done. have you done anything with the kawi?

UHATEIT
Tue Dec 31st, 2013, 11:52 AM
Yeah I posted the pics just to show how it looks on mine, tho anyone can decide what they want it to look like, but I was told by my riding buddy when I stray far back from him it is easy to tell where I am at work a quick glance in his side mirror since the blue stands out. I have only ridden at night 2 times in almost 2 years and prefer never to ride at night anyways, but they light up very well.

For the Ninja I do not have pictures of the headlights on but I did go ricer with that actually and got green HID lights. I do not know what the color temp is but they light up green. I have never ridden it at night to attest to what they look like at night. I think they look pretty sweet on the bike myself and I am not a squid or a stunter or any of that, but I liked how it makes the Ninja set itself apart from the rest of the crowd. My riding buddy did tel me after riding friday that my lights are pretty fuckin bright tho.

skeezbox
Tue Jan 14th, 2014, 12:06 PM
4300, 6000, 8000 and so on is simply the color temperature of the bulb. I had 4300s in my ol r1 projectors, best mod ever done on that bike for purpose. The higher the numbe rthe more blue the bulbs get and less visible light is emitted 4300 are about as white as you can get... still pretty purple/blue for my taste. 35 or 55 watt kits are what melt housing. I would go with a quality kit from morimoto if I were you or a true HID kit straight from phillips. Not the knock chinese phillips garbage out there...