PDA

View Full Version : Anybody love their CPA?

vort3xr6
Fri Jan 3rd, 2014, 11:23 AM
I am looking to use a CPA this year instead of the obligatory turbotax bs. Anybody like theirs? Recommendations?

kawasakirob
Fri Jan 3rd, 2014, 11:43 AM
Michael Welch. Awesome guy and very thorough.

H&R Block is his mortal enemy.

http://michaelwelchcpa.com/

birchyboy
Fri Jan 3rd, 2014, 10:11 PM
Terry Brennan in Aurora is good. She does ours. Not the most complicated but I do have a rental unit that complicates things somewhat.

TFOGGuys
Sat Jan 4th, 2014, 09:15 AM
PM Sent

kingtut
Sat Jan 4th, 2014, 10:10 AM
H&R Block blows, that's for sure. I've been screwed by them twice.
From there, I skipped Turbo Tax and went right to a CPA for a number of years. I ended up getting screwed by them too.
I've been using Turbo Tax for the last 5 years or so and have been very happy.

How come you don't like Turbo Tax?

I am looking to use a CPA this year instead of the obligatory turbotax bs. Anybody like theirs? Recommendations?

mdub
Sat Jan 4th, 2014, 11:13 AM
I used to go to HR Block. Until they told me I owed a hundred something plus their fee. I went to turbo tax and never look back.

Kim-n-Dean
Sat Jan 4th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Turbo tax all the way!! Been using it for over twenty-five years... for business too. I'll redo friends taxes from time to time, and turbo always gets them the better deal.

rybo
Sat Jan 4th, 2014, 02:04 PM
I'm with Dean - been using TT for the better part of 20 years and always seems to come out well. I took my taxes to H&R block for their "free review" last year and they couldn't do any better than the software did.

vort3xr6
Sat Jan 4th, 2014, 10:35 PM
I had some interesting stuff happen this year that I feel a CPA would be better suited for. I have a home office that I need to deduct and half a year of work expenses on my personal cards so there are some deductions there too.

Turbo tax has been across the board for me. One year it said I owed thousands. Didn't change a thing the next year and it said I was getting a return. I just don't trust it anymore.

I have heard far too many horror stories about H&R block.

I got a few leads and I am looking for someone to be aggressive and also make strategy recommendations for the next year's. Something turbo tax can never do.

kawasakirob
Sat Jan 4th, 2014, 11:01 PM
Michael Welch- He's your guy.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Jan 29th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Two years ago, I had a CPA do my taxes...then my dad gave me a free use of his Turbo Tax, so out of curiosity I did it on there do, just didn't file. The CPA got me almost $3,000 back from both fed and state, TT would have gotten me $400 from federal and I would have had to pay $150 to state. It's worth it to me to pay a few extra bucks to get the most out of my return.

~Barn~
Wed Jan 29th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Your CPAs telephone number please, Doctor?

birchyboy
Wed Jan 29th, 2014, 08:49 PM
Your CPAs telephone number please, Doctor?

1-800-Locked-Up

Sully
Thu Jan 30th, 2014, 08:50 AM
I do love mine. Sent you her info. She has done mine for the past 5 years. Comes to my house and is done in less than an hour :rock:

jbnwc
Thu Jan 30th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Did you check with WolfEyez? I'm not sure of his credentials, but I know he's an accountant and can probably give you some solid advice if he can't help you himself.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Jan 31st, 2014, 09:50 AM
Pm'd you barn

~Barn~
Fri Jan 31st, 2014, 11:55 AM
Thanks meng... I'll talk with the Wife and see if she wants to switch it up from Block like normal.