PDA

View Full Version : Knowledgeable MX people needed for new/old Pueblo MX track!!!!

jbnwc
Tue Jan 7th, 2014, 08:21 AM
Did you know there is a MX track inside Pueblo Motorsports Park? It hasn't been used for years, but PMP is looking into reviving it and hopefully even hosting events there. But we need your help. We need some knowledgeable people to take a look at the track with us this Saturday, January 11 and get some thoughts/opinions on what could be done with it and what it would take to host races there. We do not have MX expertise, so we need you! If you or someone you know might be able to meet with me this Saturday at PMP, please call or PM me!

Thank you!!!

Jason
605-310-6495

#1Townie
Tue Jan 7th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Keep the finish line table. That thing was amazing!

asp_125
Tue Jan 7th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Maybe cross post on ADVrider? :dunno:

jbnwc
Tue Jan 7th, 2014, 09:10 AM
When were you there, Townie??

What did you think of that track?

jbnwc
Tue Jan 7th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Maybe cross post on ADVrider? :dunno:

Good call, I haven't checked with them.

rforsythe
Tue Jan 7th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Get some of the MRA guys who ran supermoto to look at it with you.

One thing I don't miss about that MX course is the moon dust that got into and on everything. Used to cornerwork/marshal those s-moto races, and it would take 2-3 showers to get it all out of places sand should not go. :bigeyes:

#1Townie
Tue Jan 7th, 2014, 09:29 AM
When were you there, Townie??

What did you think of that track?

Oh it was forever ago. Never actually raced there. Buuut the track was a decent setup for blue groove. It had a very nice mix the way it was setup. One of the things it was lacking was a decent set of triples. I think running races there would be a good thing. Also not sure how possible it could be but adding some sand to parts of it would be epic. Adds a whole other level of riding.

Hope you guys make this work!

jbnwc
Tue Jan 7th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Oh it was forever ago. Never actually raced there. Buuut the track was a decent setup for blue groove. It had a very nice mix the way it was setup. One of the things it was lacking was a decent set of triples. I think running races there would be a good thing. Also not sure how possible it could be but adding some sand to parts of it would be epic. Adds a whole other level of riding.

Hope you guys make this work!

Keep the input coming. We are going to need some help from a lot of people, but Faasst Motorsports(now running Pueblo) has the leadership and ambition that I think is needed to get things done. There is a lot of potential there, both inside and outside the fence. All that is need are some ambitious people with a little bit of vision and the support of the rest of us to make it happen.

jbnwc
Tue Jan 7th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Get some of the MRA guys who ran supermoto to look at it with you.

One thing I don't miss about that MX course is the moon dust that got into and on everything. Used to cornerwork/marshal those s-moto races, and it would take 2-3 showers to get it all out of places sand should not go. :bigeyes:

Maybe we can chat a bit about this Sunday if you have time. I wasn't aware they ever ran supermoto there; I was actually looking at the map yesterday trying to figure out if/how a supermoto course would be laid out.

asp_125
Tue Jan 7th, 2014, 09:47 AM
not related to the MX track but... carports, & more shade! :D

longrider
Tue Jan 7th, 2014, 10:08 AM
I was a motocross mechanic for years so my opinions are secondhand but the actual dirt there needs a lot of help. It is real clay based so it is either real hardpack or a gooey mess. You disc it and water it and it starts out sloppy and just packs down into hardpack with no nice conditions inbetween.

rforsythe
Tue Jan 7th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Maybe we can chat a bit about this Sunday if you have time. I wasn't aware they ever ran supermoto there; I was actually looking at the map yesterday trying to figure out if/how a supermoto course would be laid out.

Not sure that will happen this weekend. Will PM you.

#1Townie
Tue Jan 7th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Keep the input coming. We are going to need some help from a lot of people, but Faasst Motorsports(now running Pueblo) has the leadership and ambition that I think is needed to get things done. There is a lot of potential there, both inside and outside the fence. All that is need are some ambitious people with a little bit of vision and the support of the rest of us to make it happen.

I will try to hit up some of my old dirt buddies out there.

longrider
Tue Jan 7th, 2014, 10:23 AM
You might try talking to David Clabaugh of Colorado Motorsport Promotions. Whether or not he will help a "competitor" I dont know but he did successfully transform Thunder Valley from a track with similar soil issues to a national caliber facility.

jbnwc
Tue Jan 7th, 2014, 11:55 AM
not related to the MX track but... carports, & more shade! :D

Do you have any connections that can help with either of those two things?

JohnEffinK
Tue Jan 7th, 2014, 02:29 PM
How about Colorado Off Road Championship Series guys?

http://www.corcs.net/untitled.html

Hare Scramble and GP not MX but they might be able to link you with heavy equipment guys that ride or some insight on how to re-create/refine the track in a little different fashion than true MX.

John

jbnwc
Thu Jan 9th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Ok dirty peeps-

I'm going to open this up to anyone with dirt experience or concerns, casual or amateur or anything. I haven't been able to find anyone with MX expertise, but I at least want to get a bit of information and help from you guys who know more about dirt than me and would like to see some things happening for dirt riders at PMP.

If you would like to talk about what is going on with PMP dirt riding or what COULD happen, let's meet at the track at 4pm on Saturday. Please give me a call so I know who will be coming and can tell the people at the gate to let you in.

605-310-6495
Jason

I hope to see some of you out there!

xsrdx
Thu Jan 9th, 2014, 09:50 PM
ThumperTalk regional forum for Rocky Mountains may help with attention to your request:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/40-rocky-mountains/

Several posts there discussing PMI. There's also a Facebook page called "Friends of Pueblo's OHV Park" that might be useful.