PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Supercross

FZRguy
Thu Jan 9th, 2014, 05:42 PM
A1 is in the books and as always, some shit went down. Stewart seems to have the speed to keep RV in check, and even Reed was on the box last Saturday night. Who you like? The races are broadcast live on FS1 this year.

tecknojoe
Sat Jan 11th, 2014, 03:32 AM
Ok I'm safe in assuming this is a spoiler thread**************

Before the race started, I said to myself, how sick would it be if Roczen pulled off a win

Just about shit myself

longrider
Sat Jan 11th, 2014, 09:14 AM
When Stewart passed Roczen my first thought was how long before the crash? As the end got closer I wondered if I was wrong but sure enough Stewart did what he is known for. He is definitely fast enough to win, he just needs to keep it off the ground..

JohnEffinK
Sat Jan 11th, 2014, 10:17 AM
JS7 was fast last week but those whoops whooped his azz like they often do.

Roczen was flying which surprised me. In the 250 class him and Tomac could keep the throttle pinned an be OK. 450 is a whole other beast that requires some throttle finesse. I think Tomac will be in the mix come mid season.

My pick for tonight is Barcia. He was smoking last week and his start in the main killed him. One bobble is all it took but I think it was early season fumble.

John

JohnEffinK
Sun Jan 12th, 2014, 04:55 PM
Crazy this week. Boy was I wrong. Question: Is RV back in the saddle for good this season?

John

longrider
Sun Jan 12th, 2014, 09:13 PM
Answer: Yes

FZRguy
Tue Jan 21st, 2014, 02:36 AM
Good to see 22 win one!

JohnEffinK
Tue Jan 21st, 2014, 11:04 AM
Yes. The 450 Main was pretty much an excellent race all around. This season is shaping up crazy with really anyone winning. Tomac should be back this weekend and it will be cool when Canard and Millsaps are back in the mix for more excitement.

John

FZRguy
Wed Jan 22nd, 2014, 02:14 AM
I'll have to think about another Vegas trip if it keeps up.

FZRguy
Thu Feb 6th, 2014, 02:07 AM
Another win for Reed!

longrider
Sun Feb 23rd, 2014, 01:12 PM
What do you think of Alessi's move in Atlanta?? I cant say it any better than Jody Weisel from Motocross Action:

MIKE ALESSI’S FINE: The AMA needs a reality check. After Mike Alessi’s blatant take-out move on Broc Tickle in their heat race, they fined Mike Alessi $4000. Then, they handed him $1500 for getting the holeshot in the 450 main and $2780 for fifth place—giving Mike a net profit of $280. Plus, they let him keep his 15 points for the night. Oh yeah, they put him on probation—which means nothing—it’s just a fake AMA action. What would the AMA have done if Broc had been seriously hurt in his violent cartwheel resulting from Alessi's thoughtlessness? Where did the $4000 number come from? Haven’t they seen Mike’s track record over the years? Doesn’t intent play into the penalty? What do we think would be apropos? $10,000 for “endangering another rider” and a loss of points. He got at least that for something his brother did last year—and this time he did it all by himself.

FZRguy
Tue Feb 25th, 2014, 02:14 AM
Weird things keep happening in the Alessi camp. I think his points for the race should be forfeited for putting another rider at risk of serious injury. Glad Tickle was mostly unhurt.

JohnEffinK
Tue Feb 25th, 2014, 08:10 AM
I have been tracking Alessi as a dick for so long, time eludes me.

John

vort3xr6
Tue Feb 25th, 2014, 08:11 AM
That whole family is a bunch of trash. His brother was shining laser pointers in other rider's eyes last year and his dad constantly threatens to fight other people in the paddock. Such a joke. The AMA needs to kick the whole family out once and for all.

FZRguy
Mon Mar 3rd, 2014, 08:39 PM
Tedesco's gnarly crash in the 450 LCQ. Hard to believe he walked away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mqSCwLCs6I

JohnEffinK
Tue Mar 4th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Another great race and another one where anyone could win. Even if a first turn crash took out a bunch of points leaders. It was about time Dungey took one. This race year is totally crazy with the movement in the top 5 (or 8 or 10 for that matter) for the particular track. Looking forward to see what pans out at Daytona.

FZRguy
Tue Mar 4th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Yeah, Dungey and Tomac are two of my fav riders. Good to see Cole up there too. I say time for a mud race!

FZRguy
Tue Mar 4th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Remember 2008?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWFosSx2K70