PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust system on 2012 CBR250R any ideas?

MissBratt
Tue Jan 14th, 2014, 09:07 PM
Finally I am getting my first sport bike!! Finally got away from the honda rebel and now I am looking to upgrade the cbr250. Any Ideas or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I didn't really look into it very well before putting money down on the cbr250, now wanting to make this a little faster..more umph. thank you :yes:

FZRguy
Wed Jan 15th, 2014, 12:01 AM
Don't waste money on trying to make a 250cc sportbike fast. I'm gonna assume you don't weigh 200 lbs., so save your $ for a track day or one on one day with the likes of Rybo or another qualified instructor. It will be plenty fast for you.

MissBratt
Wed Jan 15th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Okay, thanks.

Slo
Wed Jan 15th, 2014, 11:28 AM
There are plenty of exhausts available but for the cbr250r, no real gains.....very negligible. But will change the sound/looks for sure.

MissBratt
Wed Jan 15th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Ok so what are the top ones to change the sound the akro exhaust system?

Slo
Wed Jan 15th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Ok so what are the top ones to change the sound the akro exhaust system?

Could also check out Yoshimura and Leo vince....

Sully
Wed Jan 15th, 2014, 02:19 PM
I agree, no real gains and waste of $, IMO. Also, if you can, definitely buy a used 250. There are plenty of them out there for a great price :)

Generic
Wed Jan 15th, 2014, 02:30 PM
I agree, no real gains and waste of $, IMO. Also, if you can, definitely buy a used 250. There are plenty of them out there for a great price :)

This, buy it used, learn on it for a few years then sell it for slightly less than you paid when you upgrade.

MissBratt
Wed Jan 15th, 2014, 02:49 PM
I would have but the guy said it was a great deal for the price so I guess it being new will make me even more careful with it. Between the salesman and my hubby they said I shouldn't grow out of it anytime soon....however if I do the guy said that he will give me $3000.00 trade in value for it either way. so hopefully I REALLY like it lol.

Slo
Wed Jan 15th, 2014, 02:50 PM
This, buy it used, learn on it for a few years then sell it for slightly less than you paid when you upgrade.

+1 Got my friend a deal on a 2012 with 4k miles for 2500, perfect condition and was familiar with the bike since I was teaching his cousin on the same bike. Won't lose hardly any when it's ready to sell later.

MissBratt
Wed Jan 15th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Oh wow really good deal!!! I got the 2012 Cbr250r with onlyu 65 miles on it. $3800.00 seemed like a good deal lol

Bueller
Wed Jan 15th, 2014, 03:13 PM
If you buy an exhaust for the 250's get a full exhaust. You will get a 10-15% HP gain, with a tune. That is a pretty good gain on the 1/4 liter motor. But it has to be a full system, no slip on crap.

asp_125
Wed Jan 15th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Agreed, full race system for any real Hp gains. But a $100 track day plus qualified instruction on top of it would be money well spent.

MissBratt
Thu Jan 16th, 2014, 08:50 AM
Thank you all for the advice :)

UglyDogRacing
Thu Jan 16th, 2014, 10:08 AM
It's your new motorcycle. If you want to put a pipe on it so it looks and sounds really cool, plus gets a couple more HP, then you should!

rforsythe
Thu Jan 16th, 2014, 10:12 AM
It's your new motorcycle. If you want to put a pipe on it so it looks and sounds really cool, plus gets a couple more HP, then you should!

What he said. Do what makes you happy. If the power is good for you and you just want sound/looks, go for it. Not like most of the people on here with "performance upgrades" don't ultimately do it for that reason anyway (none of you actually need more HP on your modern 600cc+ sportbikes, just admit it).

Do what makes you happy, personalize the bike to your tastes, and go have fun riding it! I do also agree on the track day education, but don't let the lack of that stop you from enjoying it in the meantime.

sloridr
Thu Jan 16th, 2014, 02:36 PM
Buy what tickles your fancy and ride the dickens out of it! Keep that grin going from ear to ear. Mainly just enjoy yourself!

FZRguy
Thu Jan 16th, 2014, 09:52 PM
You know the CBR300 is due out soon, right?

MissBratt
Mon Jan 20th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Awesome! Thank you guys! Cbr300?I did not know I knew the Ninja 300 came out, But I was trying to get the best out of the 4k I had to spend. I didn't want to finance anything I wanted to pay cash out for it. I think I got a pretty good deal though, I sat on a lot of the bikes there and when he showed me the cbr250r last it was like perfect and so comfortable.. I am only 5'2 or 5'3" and 116 lbs so I felt like it would be something I could handle and be comfortable with. I definitely need to Mistyfy it haha..The guy is going to hook me up with someone he knows to "shave the seat" Due to my shortness haha I still tippy toe on it.

rybo
Mon Jan 20th, 2014, 08:54 AM
MissBratt-

A couple of things

1) I think you did great. The great thing about motorcycling is that while we all share a common bond of passion for the sport, we get to express it in a variety of ways. The FIRST thing I tell anyone shopping for a bike is that it has to "fit". If you aren't comfortable on the bike, you won't ride it. The second thing is that you have to like how it looks. If you don't, you probably won't ride it. It sounds like you have both of these things going for you with your new ride!

2) Seat shaving - get in touch with gowestseats.com. Alex is awesome and she does great work. Everyone I've sent to her has been very happy with the results.

3) I agree with all of the above on the exhaust. There is almost no gain to doing a slip on on these bikes (N250 and CBR250) all of the gain will come from replacing the full system. That being said, the bike will go 100 MPH in stock form and that should be plenty to get you riding and practicing. This skill development will be the best thing you do, because these skills translate to EVERY motorcycle you will ever ride!

Congrats on the new machine!

Scott

kawasakirob
Mon Jan 20th, 2014, 09:54 AM
[QUOTE=rforsythe;751434] (none of you actually need more HP on your modern 600cc+ sportbikes, just admit it).

[QUOTE]

Well yes, yes we do need more HP on our modern 600cc+ sportbikes:hibye:

MissBratt
Mon Jan 20th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Oh that is so great! Thank you very much I did email them :) I have decided to replace it will a Full system. Being this is my first sportbike I am pretty stoked and hope it lasts me a while haha. I have lots to learn with sport style as I have heard they are like night and day! Thank you thank you thank you!!

psyclone
Tue Jan 21st, 2014, 08:09 PM
Termignoni!

http://youtu.be/XNBGF4-SgB8

MissBratt
Thu Jan 30th, 2014, 09:09 AM
They are very spendy though LOL!

NUTZ
Thu Jan 30th, 2014, 12:31 PM
I'd look at Yoshi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYZ6JogIP5E