PDA

View Full Version : Got any PC3200 DDR laying around?

Kim-n-Dean
Sun Jan 19th, 2014, 12:46 PM
I had a whole box of the shit and can't find it. Looking for two 1Gb sticks, but anything will work.

Here's a story for ya...

First off, I live in a pretty nice neighborhood... but the shit head next to me foreclosed to the point that all of his crap was out on the sidewalk. Damn near his whole house. It was like flies on shit, all the people that came out of the wood work to loot. He worked at home, too... so when I saw his computer out there, I grabbed it. I thought we would see him again, never did, though.

So, now I have a computer to dedicate to my mill. Went to fire it up and it has no HDD or RAM. The missing HDD tells me he knew he was bailing. He was a merchant banker that definitely ran on the corrupt side. He was on his fourth or fifth business name in the few years he lived here.

Now, to the TV for some football...

moep
Sun Jan 19th, 2014, 03:42 PM
I am guessing it is a desktop, not a laptop? Let me know. I have tons of memory and drives at work.

Drano
Sun Jan 19th, 2014, 05:15 PM
I know I have a couple 1gb PC3200 sticks laying in a box somewhere. I'll see if I can track them down in case Moep doesn't have what you're looking for.

Kim-n-Dean
Sun Jan 19th, 2014, 05:24 PM
I am guessing it is a desktop, not a laptop? Let me know. I have tons of memory and drives at work.Yup, desktop. Non-parity, non-ECC

Kim-n-Dean
Sun Jan 19th, 2014, 05:24 PM
I know I have a couple 1gb PC3200 sticks laying in a box somewhere. I'll see if I can track them down in case Moep doesn't have what you're looking for.Thank you, sir!!!

moep
Sun Jan 19th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Do you need hard drives? If yes, is it SATA? Is there anything else you need to get it going? keyboard, mouse, etc...?

Kim-n-Dean
Sun Jan 19th, 2014, 07:16 PM
That's funny you bring that up. I have boxes and boxes of stuff, but can't find my box of RAM or my SATA drives. Found plenty of EIDE, so I'll just use that. It's just going to run Mach3 which is a controller for a CNC mill.

Drano
Sun Jan 19th, 2014, 09:30 PM
Looks like I'm in the same position as you are. I looked everywhere and had no luck finding them. I apologize for getting your hopes up. :(

Generic
Mon Jan 20th, 2014, 11:09 AM
I'll dig through my pile tonight and see what I have.

-Murdock

moep
Mon Jan 20th, 2014, 01:49 PM
I have a lot of PC3200 512MB. Will that work? If yes, PM me your address and i will drop it in the mail.

I also have a bucket of SATA, I can put that in the mail also. I just need to format it a few times.

No Charge. :)

Moe

moep
Mon Jan 20th, 2014, 01:53 PM
I do know that it does suck to see a neighbor get evicted. The same thing happened to my neighbor. It sucked seeing all her stuff piled in the driveway and all the vultures going through the stuff. It is very sad.

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Jan 20th, 2014, 04:43 PM
I have a lot of PC3200 512MB. Will that work? If yes, PM me your address and i will drop it in the mail.

I also have a bucket of SATA, I can put that in the mail also. I just need to format it a few times.

No Charge. :)

MoeThanks man!!! Sure, throw a drive in.

I do know that it does suck to see a neighbor get evicted. The same thing happened to my neighbor. It sucked seeing all her stuff piled in the driveway and all the vultures going through the stuff. It is very sad.The whole neighborhood was glad to see him go. He played like he was some big-time business man and all he was, was a scam artist. He ripped off quit a few people in the neighborhood.

We're pretty sure he had something to do with our RV getting broke into and then a few months later our house was robbed. There were signs...

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Jan 21st, 2014, 08:20 AM
Strike one!

The RAM moep has is PC3200R. That won't work...

I'll dig through my pile tonight and see what I have.

-MurdockMurdock, did you have any luck? PC3200 (DDR-400) Non- parity, non-ECC.

I appreciate everyone helping out. Worse case, Microcenter has them for $4.99/stick.

Generic
Tue Jan 21st, 2014, 10:57 AM
I had two 512MB sticks of PC4200 DDR2, sorry man.

I also have a a grip of 2GB SO-DIMMS out of Macs if anyone needs some cheap.