PDA

View Full Version : Pre-ordered my Vololight

Generic
Mon Jan 20th, 2014, 11:33 AM
They have completed their kickstarter obligations are are finally selling to the public, I pre-ordered a black one this morning

http://vololights.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlkdwpHd_io

asp_125
Mon Jan 20th, 2014, 11:53 AM
I've been keeping an eye on this company. Let us know how it works out.

Jmetz
Mon Jan 20th, 2014, 12:40 PM
I like it. I think there's lots of holes in the way they are marketing it, such as alerting distracted drivers (its not going to get the attention of someone that's not looking) and telling other drivers how fast you are coming to a stop (people that are not familiar with it will just see it as a flashing brake light). But I do like that it will flash while decelerating without the use of the brake. For me personally that's probably not worth $100 though.

Be interested in your review.

birchyboy
Mon Jan 20th, 2014, 06:40 PM
That's a cool idea. Can't wait to read your review when you get it.

gator4life108
Thu Jan 23rd, 2014, 07:42 PM
What a cool product. I was exited until I saw the price. IMO I would only spend about $50 on something like this. Going to keep watching this though. Only problem I see is during the daytime lights are not that bright and I don't see this being that effective during daylight hours compared to night time since the majority of riders ride during daylight.

Thanks for the info though.

3point5
Thu Jan 23rd, 2014, 08:00 PM
I thought their price point was a little high too … I tend to grab my brake anyways during downshifts & slow downs…the multistage flashing is pretty smart…hats off to these guys.

asp_125
Thu Jan 23rd, 2014, 08:17 PM
Well, at $89 for the module you can use your existing brake lights. I used a brake strobe on my SV650 some years ago, and while you did have to touch the brakes to initiate the flashing, I did notice drivers backing off earlier and not riding my ass coming to a stop. I still have a brake strobe on one of our bikes - and will keep an eye on real world reviews as these hit the marketplace.

gator4life108
Thu Jan 23rd, 2014, 09:06 PM
I thought their price point was a little high too … I tend to grab my brake anyways during downshifts & slow downs…the multistage flashing is pretty smart…hats off to these guys.

Agree. Something I learned during my MSF course was to tap my brakes while downshifting. I always tap my brakes while downshifting a few times to alert others behind me. Has become second nature for me.