PDA

View Full Version : Snowmobile rental this weekend

Captain Obvious
Mon Feb 24th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Anyone have any knowledge of rentals? I am looking at going this weekend with a couple buddies and have no experience with any companies.

Location wise we are looking at anything within a hour drive of Denver.

Any recommendations?

FZRguy
Tue Feb 25th, 2014, 02:29 AM
I don't know of anything within an hour of town. Grand Lake has a number of snowmobile rental and touring companies.

DriverDave
Tue Feb 25th, 2014, 08:05 AM
I have done rentals at Grand Adventures in Grand Lake a couple times, with great success. It's more than an hour drive from Denver, though.

BC14
Tue Feb 25th, 2014, 08:06 AM
I did a place in Winter Park a couple years ago.

asp_125
Tue Feb 25th, 2014, 08:49 AM
I've done the guided tours out of Tiger Run Snowmobile Tours in Breck and the self-guided (aka free for all) tours on Vail Pass some years ago.

usmcab35
Tue Feb 25th, 2014, 11:38 AM
+1 on Grand adventures in Grand lake. They also have a second office in Winter park If you want to go there. Great new sleds (pay the little extra for the hopped up sled!). They put a hold on your Credit card and have most of the gear for you, one piece suits, helmets. I brought my snowboard stuff. Make sure you have a neck warmer and ok gloves. the sleds have hand warmers so your hands stay toasty. they have tons of trails out there with a few open areas to get silly in. You can do guided (not fun for me) or just take them out on your own with a map.

Wrider
Tue Feb 25th, 2014, 06:35 PM
There are also a few out of Buena Vista that operate on top of Cottonwood Pass. We used them about 5 years ago and had a blast. Definitely do the "guide yourself" tour.

kawasakirob
Wed Feb 26th, 2014, 10:39 AM
What type of riding are you looking to do? Guided or Unguided? I worked at Grand Adventures for a number of years, loved every minute of it. You can also do an "advanced" tour. This would include a guide, RMK600's, and the pace would be upped and you would get to go off trail in areas that regular tours do not go. Its a pretty good deal. The guide is there to obviously show you around, but to also help you get un-stuck in a timely manner, versus wasting time digging your buddies out.

gator4life108
Wed Feb 26th, 2014, 09:44 PM
I used these guys and was really happy. Prices were good and machines were in great condition.

Located in Lakewood, CO

http://www.extremerentalsinc.com/places.html

Picked up late Saturday night and returned Monday morning and was only charged for one day. We took them up past Winter Pack and I really enjoyed it.

Captain Obvious
Sat Mar 1st, 2014, 07:59 PM
SOB, posted follow up but it disappeared.

Thanks for the grand adventures recommendations, we went there and did unguided. Guided would have been too slow for us, even tho it was my first time on a snowmobile. Rate was worth it, definitely priced well to prevent me from buying one for the 3-4 trips I would take per year. i would def be interested in advanced or another location, the 2 trails is a bit limited. Def fun enough to do once a year tho.

DriverDave
Sat Mar 1st, 2014, 08:52 PM
Try a 6 hour, unguided, on a 600 out of the Grand Lake location next time. Huge riding area up there. Im actually planning on trying www.onthetrailrentals.com the next time I go.

madvlad
Sat Mar 1st, 2014, 10:52 PM
On the trail is way awesome, we go almost every January and it's worth it.

Wrider
Sun Mar 2nd, 2014, 12:46 AM
The one that I did just let you go wherever you wanted up Cottonwood Pass and enjoy yourself. We played a lot in the bowl up near the summit, then played around on the back side of it as well.

Captain Obvious
Wed Mar 5th, 2014, 10:20 PM
Try a 6 hour, unguided, on a 600 out of the Grand Lake location next time. Huge riding area up there. Im actually planning on trying www.onthetrailrentals.com (http://www.onthetrailrentals.com) the next time I go.

Yep, pretty sure this is exactly the way we will go next time.