PDA

View Full Version : Givi Tanklock bags

Vance
Thu Mar 6th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Anyone here ever used / have experience with the Givi Tanklock bag system that mounts to the lock ring on your gas cap?
I'm wondering how stable they are, etc... if they're worth it... if there's a local reseller (that stocks the) anyone knows of so I can look at the different options in bag sizes.

FZRguy
Thu Mar 6th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Looks awesome. Vid and cust reviews here: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/37521/i/givi-tanklock-t480-tank-bag

birchyboy
Thu Mar 6th, 2014, 03:00 PM
Bags-Connection has a great tank-mount system as well. I bought the tank ring for my SV but never got around to getting the bag before I sold my bike.

Matrix
Thu Mar 6th, 2014, 03:16 PM
I had one for my wifes Triumph 675R. It was a little too far back on the tank for that riding position. I gave it to a buddy who has a Speed Triple and he likes it. You need to have a bike that has a more standard riding position IMO.

Vance
Thu Mar 6th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Bags-Connection has a great tank-mount system as well. I bought the tank ring for my SV but never got around to getting the bag before I sold my bike.

Yeah that's the SW-Motech one I believe. They're a bit pricier for what you get.
My biggest thing (besides "do they work well") is do they make one that will fit my laptop so I don't have to wear a backpack anymore. So far I think their biggest bag (XS309) is still too small - but it MIGHT fit if the laptop is angled slightly.
That's why I'd like to find a local reseller if possible -or someone that has one to see.

birchyboy
Thu Mar 6th, 2014, 03:24 PM
Yeah, that's the same. There's a member here who had the Bags-Connection, but I can't recall his name and he moved a couple years ago. He pops up from time-to-time; he had a Multistrada towards the end.

Not sure what your bike is, but you could possible do a SW-Motech rear rack and a laptop case. I think that Givi made one, and SWM would have the adapter plate.

Vance
Fri Mar 7th, 2014, 05:37 AM
Yeah, that's the same. There's a member here who had the Bags-Connection, but I can't recall his name and he moved a couple years ago. He pops up from time-to-time; he had a Multistrada towards the end.

Not sure what your bike is, but you could possible do a SW-Motech rear rack and a laptop case. I think that Givi made one, and SWM would have the adapter plate.

Aprilia RSV-R Mille (01-03 variant).
Definitely not a fan of rear racks... maybe when I had my BMW - but not on an Aprilia unless I was doing a 1000 mile+ road trip or planning on some sort of bike-based camping excursion.