PDA

View Full Version : Help - Looking for a muffler shop

Woo_Who
Sun Apr 6th, 2014, 12:48 AM
Like the title states, I'm looking for recommendations on a exhaust shop for my cage...

I've recently found myself in need of a shop that can weld up cracks in my aftermarket muffler. Currently it's tempting fate (a.k.a. my patience) by attempting to imitate a bag of empty beer cans being drug down the road, whenever I start it... FML!

Thanks in advance

rybo
Sun Apr 6th, 2014, 07:21 AM
Brighton radiator and muffler in Brighton, CO

the owner is a rider and racer and all around good guy.

birchyboy
Sun Apr 6th, 2014, 09:30 AM
If it's already cracked, won't it crack again? You'll likely spend more in labor than you would for a new muffler.

Woo_Who
Sun Apr 6th, 2014, 08:09 PM
If it's already cracked, won't it crack again? You'll likely spend more in labor than you would for a new muffler.

Seeing that it took about 6yrs/60k miles and upgrading motor/tranny mounts & suspension bits with poly-bushings to get the stress cracks in it... I think, I'll be okay with getting it welded for the time being... Besides, there's plans to add a fire breathing snail to the car in the somewhat near future..

As for labor...The best price for new/used aftermarket muffler for my existing cat-back exhaust (that I was able to find) was $300 and up... If I cannot get 30-45min of welding done for less than something is wrong.
Hell, I'd do the work myself if I was better at welding stainless steel.

Woo_Who
Sun Apr 6th, 2014, 08:11 PM
Brighton radiator and muffler in Brighton, CO

the owner is a rider and racer and all around good guy.

Thanks Rybo