PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle shops in COS

Captain Obvious
Mon Apr 21st, 2014, 10:37 PM
So if I don't just pay someone to service the TLR, it will not happen and I will miss another year. Yes, year. Parked it and between new baby, work and house, I didn't ride once last year.

In the past, I either do maintenance myself or have taken a bike to Jackal, but I don't have time and the shop appears to be closed. What are the other options that people recommend in COS? If I have no options, a dealership, but that is not my preferred course.

Just a basic spring cleaning, fluids, oil, I smelled a faint gas leak when I parked it, and once over.

Recommendations on locations?

Wrider
Tue Apr 22nd, 2014, 08:00 AM
I can do that for you if you want. Suzuki/Yamaha certified.

sprtbkbabe
Tue Apr 22nd, 2014, 03:00 PM
Can't say I've heard of any good shops down our way. I'd just take it up to Mad-Moto. If you need a bike haul, let me know

armydog1002
Wed Apr 23rd, 2014, 12:41 AM
I use to have a TLR. Great bike. I can possibly give you a hand if you need help working on the TLR. I still have my shop manual. Never could get ride of it.

Captain Obvious
Wed Apr 23rd, 2014, 08:09 AM
Thanks armydog, real issue is i just don't have time. Too many "must compete projects" for house and family which leaves no time for my stuff!

I do love the TLR. When I see the higher resale and sharper lines of the RC51, sometimes I wish I had gone that route, but since I have no intent of selling it and parts are cheaper..... love the one your with. and the seat is so much more comfy, can't imagine making the 500 mile days on a RC like I have done on the TLR.

guambra2001
Wed Apr 23rd, 2014, 12:09 PM
Check out go5thgear.com it's a great shop, it's
more of a DIY, but Mike has over 40 years of experience and can do any job. When you go there tell them Andres sent you for world class treatment. Ohh and prices are super cheap, can't beat it.

BadR6Man
Wed Apr 23rd, 2014, 07:22 PM
Drop it off at my place or i can pick it up and I will hook you up. You pay for the parts and I will get it done. Lets get that TLR and you back on the roads.