PDA

View Full Version : Having a problem uploading GoPro clips to YouTube

Aaron
Fri Apr 25th, 2014, 10:07 PM
My GoPro records the clips in MP4, I use GoPro Studio to crop them down to just what I want to see, and convert the video to AVI. The video plays just fine on my laptop. When I try to upload it to YouTube, it goes through the entire upload (Which takes forever), then while processing it says the video failed to process, and to make sure the file type is supported.

Any idea as to what's causing this? Here's the details on this video clip, maybe one of the specs is outside of YouTube's supported range? My GoPro (Hero3 Black) records at 1440 resolution, 48 fps, and wide angle field of view.

Video:
Size: 986 mb
Length: 59 seconds
Frame Width: 1920
Frame Height: 1440
Data Rate: 136,937 kps
Total Bitrate: 138,473 kps
Frame Rate: 29 fps

Audio:
Bitrate: 1536 kps
Channels: 2
Sample Rate: 48 kHz

Aaron
Fri Apr 25th, 2014, 10:48 PM
Ok as a test I took this video directly from my GoPro, no editing and left it in mp4. Uploaded just fine, but it hardly plays on my laptop. I'm thinking my laptop (circa 2007) is just too old for the phenomenal video quality of the camera. On a side note, I tried to watch the YouTube video in 1440hd, and it was still choppy. I'm thinking that's surely my laptop though.

I guess from now on I'll leave them in mp4, or convert but save the original. Sucks because I'd love to put up the avi's I have.

http://youtu.be/9BDiTkJDROo

Bueller
Sat Apr 26th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Use the export (step 3) function.
BTW GoPro Studio sucks

Bueller
Sat Apr 26th, 2014, 08:25 AM
I was having issues with audio using Studio so now IO use Windows Movie Maker but it is on a new laptop with Windows 7 Pro.

This is done with Movie Maker and exported in 1080 HD.

http://youtu.be/LNZQTWtJ3p8

Aaron
Sat Apr 26th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Use the export (step 3) function.
BTW GoPro Studio sucks
Thanks I hadn't try that, I'll give it a shot today. I know it does, but it's easy to use and it does everything I need it to. All I do with my videos is shorten them to just what I want to see, and covert to avi.

If I still have issues I'll try Windows Movie Maker.

#1Townie
Sat Apr 26th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Man spend a few bucks and buy a video editor. It will make a world of difference.

Aaron
Sat Apr 26th, 2014, 10:07 AM
I don't have the few bucks to spend, and I'm not that much into it. Just want to be able to put something on YouTube if something happens (Like the cops shoot me because I'm white).

NZ Darren
Sat Apr 26th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Yep, can't trust those darn cops!

I use Adobe premier, with my drift camera. It works great, but has a ton more features than I ever really use.
If you get that and need help let me know.