PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarked Vs. Stock Exhaust?

nate357159
Sun May 4th, 2014, 09:29 AM
Hey all,

After a bit of "misfortune" (stupidity) I did not double check the exhaust hanger on my 2008 CBR1000RR after installing rearsets and lost my stock slip on I70 (now flat as a pancake). I've found stock replacements for $100.00 because everyone is switching them out, but would really like this taylormade exhaust which costs $800! https://www.racetaylormade.com/?cars=200809-honda-cbr-1000-fireblade-underbelly-exhaust-kit

I'm having trouble making the decision and justifying $700 difference. Can anyone tell me about aftermarket exhaust? If it were your bike what would you do?
Thanks a lot for the advice!

mdub
Sun May 4th, 2014, 09:44 AM
I have a Taylor made on my 09. It is a bit much. I had instant regrets when I hit submit on order. But hey if you can swing it , it's only money. Do what makes you happy. And I'm damn fucking happy with mine. Sweet deep rumbling roar.

Ezzzzy1
Sun May 4th, 2014, 10:01 AM
I have a Taylor made on my 09. It is a bit much. I had instant regrets when I hit submit on order. But hey if you can swing it , it's only money. Do what makes you happy. And I'm damn fucking happy with mine. Sweet deep rumbling roar.

And its clean a hell. Probably one of my favorite exhausts on any bike

markosme4
Thu May 22nd, 2014, 02:22 AM
So did you get the taylormade exhaust? Just curious if it is really worth the money.

j0ker
Thu May 22nd, 2014, 07:41 AM
Those are sexy pipes. They don't make em for my year and version of bike though.