PDA

View Full Version : Last minute ride tomorrow (5/10/2014) Golden to Boulder via 119

JimDog
Fri May 9th, 2014, 04:11 PM
This is totally last minute, but thought I'd post it anyway.

I have to be in Boulder tomorrow around 11 am for a graduation party...so I think I'm going to head to Golden around 9:30 am and then take US 6 to 119 and stay on that to Boulder.

Google says it's about an hour and half ride. I'm a new rider (got my license last September) and my bike isn't blazing fast either, so I don't plan on a fast pace. Anyone interested in joining?

GMR
Fri May 9th, 2014, 05:21 PM
i might be down

JimDog
Fri May 9th, 2014, 05:55 PM
I'm keepinging eye on the weather but it says it'll be around 50 in Nederland around 10 with less than 10 mph winds. The only potential thing is a 40 percent chance of rain. Let me know if you're still interested :)

Jmetz
Fri May 9th, 2014, 06:02 PM
It sounds like you are taking Clear Creek to P2P to Boulder Canyon. Last I heard Boulder Canyon was a mess. Be careful.

JimDog
Fri May 9th, 2014, 06:33 PM
I thought I read on the canyon carving thread that it was clear?

In either case I'm going to recheck the weather in the morning and I'll update this thread with a yay or nay for sure.

GMR
Fri May 9th, 2014, 07:55 PM
for me to go I'd have to ride my bike to work tonight, which I'm not really up for right now.
Maybe see you at a weekend canyon carving event
good luck

JimDog
Fri May 9th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Yeah....it's raining quite a bit right now.... Not sure I entirely trust the weather people LOL.

JimDog
Sat May 10th, 2014, 08:32 AM
I've decided to go for it. It's gorgeous outside and it's not supposed to rain until this afternoon (hopefully later this evening, fingers crossed).

Just in case anyone decides to join last minute...there is a Loaf N Jug right off of 6th and Jefferson County Parkway / Heritage Road (just pass the Taj Mahal on the same side of the road as El Tapatio) according to Google. I'll be there around 9:20 and I'll hang for about 10 minutes before I take off.

JimDog
Sat May 10th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Thanks to Corey for joining me. A little chilly through Nederland but overall a great ride!

Jmetz
Sat May 10th, 2014, 12:13 PM
How was BC?

JimDog
Sat May 10th, 2014, 12:25 PM
The whole way was clean. The roads in Nederland have lots of pot holes, some in the corners but otherwise clean. Of course that all changes tonight :(

BlueDog
Sat May 10th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Thanks to Corey for joining me. A little chilly through Nederland but overall a great ride!

Good meeting you. Yea, it was a lot colder than I was expecting. Hands were stiff so I ended up taking it pretty easy anyways... Fix your girlfriend's bike up and get her out to the noob ride next weekend. Or throw her on the back of yours... I'm sure you guys would have a good time.