PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day TrackDay PPIR!!!

One-ops
Fri May 23rd, 2014, 01:33 PM
Mon 5/26
Price $150
All day lapping garage and power included!

I can't made this one :( but wanted to post it up for ya guys.

Matrix
Fri May 23rd, 2014, 05:03 PM
Soooo tempting!!

The Black Knight
Fri May 23rd, 2014, 06:19 PM
damn!!! suit still not finished although my bike is. I'll keep an eye on their calendar for future fays. I see there is a motorcycle test day on July 18, wonder if that's a track day or close for special use .

One-ops
Fri May 23rd, 2014, 06:53 PM
Talking with the track manger good chance if theres not another event going on for the date we chose he will open the track for us as long as we come with at least 6 riders.

The Black Knight
Fri May 23rd, 2014, 08:13 PM
Talking with the track manger good chance if theres not another event going on for the date we chose he will open the track for us as long as we come with at least 6 riders.

oh that ain't a bad deal at all. I've never ridden PPIR and it's very close to the springs. Win-win if he can make that happen with enough people.

One-ops
Fri May 23rd, 2014, 08:37 PM
Ill put some dates together and see what's up. It's fun little track!

Slo
Sat May 24th, 2014, 06:50 AM
PPIR is an awesome track.... I need to find another trailer soon.

madvlad
Sat May 24th, 2014, 08:49 AM
I always wanted to ride at PPIR, seems like a fun track

Bueller
Sat May 24th, 2014, 02:19 PM
As a differing opinion, I will say I have never really been impressed with PPIR. And only ride it when we've had to race there.

madvlad
Sat May 24th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Any reason specifically?

Bueller
Sat May 24th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Pavement and drainage issues (which have been reportedly fixed). The banking is hard on tires.
Part of the course is banked oval, that is a car thing not a bike thing. The entry to and exit from the banking can be problematic (where most the crashes I have seen occur). It is a very short track and a good deal of it is WOT hp. happy. All the work you do on the infield to overtake and pass can be pissed away on the banking when you are running with slower riders on bigger motors. Then you have to overtake them each time through the infield.

And the place tried to kill Clarkie

This is all personal opinion and should not be construed as Negative Nellyism

Kim-n-Dean
Sun May 25th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Pavement and drainage issues (which have been reportedly fixed). The banking is hard on tires.
Part of the course is banked oval, that is a car thing not a bike thing. The entry to and exit from the banking can be problematic (where most the crashes I have seen occur). It is a very short track and a good deal of it is WOT hp. happy. All the work you do on the infield to overtake and pass can be pissed away on the banking when you are running with slower riders on bigger motors. Then you have to overtake them each time through the infield.

And the place tried to kill Clarkie

This is all personal opinion and should not be construed as Negative NellyismTampons stuffed in the crack on the bank coming out of the infield was the solution.

I like PPIR! I paid Marcus $20 to bounce on my bike and went out for another session. Kim came back in the pits and asked if I'd seen my times. I said, "no". I never really gave a shit about that stuff. I picked up three seconds and won my first race. I liked all of our tracks back then. Even La Junta.

Applesauce had a great crash at PPIR, too. It was my mother-in-laws first time seeing me race and Mike shit-canned right in front of us at about 130mph. He went sliding by, leathers smokin, and hollerin', "yea-haw!!" The bike drilled the wall on the bank, came back down and did about three rider-less circles right on the race line. Wish I would have been video taping...

vort3xr6
Sun May 25th, 2014, 10:14 AM
I like parts of PPIR. I agree with Bueller that it kills tires.

The drainage issues sucked because it made you run crap lines through turns so it never felt super flowing. My favorite part of the whole track was braking from WOT 6th off the back mini straight.

Here are some hot laps for people who haven't ridden the track before. Super tiring but super fun.

http://youtu.be/aukbnRRpq10?t=6m57s