PDA

View Full Version : Starting Problem - 07 FZ1

FZ1Guy
Tue Jun 10th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Hi Jim,

I am having intermittent start up problems. Does not matter if engine warm or cold. Usually just turn the key on-off and it usually starts right up... Any idea whats causing the problem? Anyone?

Thanks,

Jeff

Generic
Tue Jun 10th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Fuel injected right? When you first turn the key on the fuel pump primes the system, wait for this to finish before starting it. The whine of the pump should be noticeable for a second or two after you turn on the key. I noticed if I get on my Z750S starter before the pump primes it is hard to start also.

FZ1Guy
Tue Jun 10th, 2014, 04:49 PM
Yes, it is fuel injected. I always have waited for the whine to stop before hitting the start button. I also did put a bottle of fuel injection cleaner in the tank... it just hard starting for no apparent reason. but if I turn off and then back in... usually it start after a couple tries???

TFOGGuys
Tue Jun 10th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Could be a number of different things, from a bad ignition switch to any one of a number of sensors failing. I'll have to look and see what soft fails v. hard fails on those.

FZ1Guy
Tue Jun 10th, 2014, 06:55 PM
Okay, so you need to run a diagnostic? Can I bring it by for a quick check... or will I need to leave it?