PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an old iPhone or iPod Touch. Needed for R/C Truck

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Jun 25th, 2014, 09:23 AM
It was Kim's birthday last night and she's been wanting an R/C car, so I got her a Nitro Traxxas Revo 3.3. This thing is bas ass, so I bought me one, too. No fun driving by yourself!! She looked like a little kid, ripping the paper off. Her eyes lit up when she saw what it was. I was a little nervous that she really didn't want one that bad, but she did!!

Anyway, the tranmitter has a dock for an iPhone or iPod Touch. The truck sends real time telemetry back to the transmitter. RPM, MPH, engine temp, battery voltage, servo adjustments on the fly. Kinda cool, but only works with iCrap.

Anyone have an iPod Touch 3rd or 4th gen or iPhone 3GS or 4. The phone part doesn't have to work. Just need something to run the app...

http://home.comcast.net/~tk4480/CSC/5309-side-view.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~tk4480/CSC/5309-front_on.jpg

bulldog
Wed Jun 25th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Wow, runs like a wireless OBDII; just installed on my ride to view same stats in real time. Had no turbo boost meter and used that to give me one. All running through Iphone.

Sorry Dean can't help you, just thought it was cool they are doing this for RC cars now too. I spent a total of $25 ($15 for wifi OBDII and $9.99 for Torque software) where in past this software would have costs about $600.

I was also thinking how a spare phone would be better as the software drains my regular phone battery pretty quick. Of course you have dibs, but you find a extra let me know.

Tell Kim Happy Birthday for me :)

Ezzzzy1
Wed Jun 25th, 2014, 09:51 AM
3.3s are just about as bad ass as you can get.

Here is mine

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/33_zps91df3690.jpg (http://s125.photobucket.com/user/Ezzzzy1/media/33_zps91df3690.jpg.html)

I dont run the iPhone on mine. Its just too big of a distraction that no one really uses. How are you supposed to check anything while you are watching your car go 55mph :dunno:

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Jun 25th, 2014, 10:15 AM
How are you supposed to check anything while you are watching your car go 55mph :dunno:
The new transmitter has blue tooth, so you can use an iPad and have your co-driver monitor the telemetry.

I also got a free drag set with tree, pre-stage, stage lights, win light, speed trap for buying two trucks. The iCrap stuff works with it, too.

Ezzzzy1
Wed Jun 25th, 2014, 10:21 AM
..... have your co-driver monitor the telemetry.

Dean, you are making this harder than it has to be! :lol:

My buddy runs the dirt R/C track down on County Line and Holly.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Jun 25th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Dean, you are making this harder than it has to be! :lol:That's what Traxxas says for racing situations...

My buddy runs the dirt R/C track down on County Line and Holly.
We have a pretty big back yard. I expect it will be a mud bowl, soon!!!

gator4life108
Wed Jun 25th, 2014, 10:36 AM
I have an iPod touch(3rd Gen I believe). Cracked screen but you can have it.

One-ops
Wed Jun 25th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Love my 3.3 Revo too. So fun!!

Ezzzzy1
Wed Jun 25th, 2014, 11:25 AM
I also have a ERevo VXL 1/16. All water proof. Fun as shit in the snow!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/Ezzzzy1/pNWqd_zps1f9dbdf6.jpg (http://s125.photobucket.com/user/Ezzzzy1/media/pNWqd_zps1f9dbdf6.jpg.html)

bulldog
Wed Jun 25th, 2014, 11:28 AM
You guys got nothing on my 10+ year old Hornet :lol:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mH7rWG27cqs/TQ9fdS1JhJI/AAAAAAAAAII/vuZNb56zLas/s1600/tamiyahornet.jpg

Takes a beating and keeps going. I take it to skate parks and ramp that puppy 5 feet in air and never breaks! Got to love Tamiya!

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Jun 26th, 2014, 09:25 AM
I have an iPod touch(3rd Gen I believe). Cracked screen but you can have it.Cool, I'll send ya my info. THANKS!!!!

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Jun 26th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Kim also wanted a quad-copter. So, I got a Blade 350QX for her. This thing is bad ass, too. Aerobatic mode (flip and roll) for me and a few beginner modes for her. It has an altimeter, GPS, compass, GoPro mount, all kinds of shit. In beginner mode, if you release the sticks, it will hold altitude and position and self level, and you can even push a button and have it "return home". It's pretty amazing how sophisticated these things are right out of the box!

http://home.comcast.net/~tk4480/CSC/blade-350qx.jpg

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Jun 30th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Got the engines broke in Saturday. Damn!! What a procedure that was!! You can definitely tell when they've completed the process. These babies all of a sudden light up and go!! When they shift into second, kiss them good by, they're easily over 50mph. The performance and suspension is amazing! Very happy with these Revos!

Thanks to Mike for the iPod. Completing the registry for the iPod and the Apple App Store is akin to a DOD background check. Apple really makes you jump through some hoops to use their products and services. The TraxxasLink app is pretty cool. Now, I know that I can hit 44mph in the back yard. Yee haw!!! Grass flying every where. Too much fun!!! Thanks again, Mike!!!!

Anyone wanna do a beer and buggy night?

bulldog
Mon Jun 30th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Got the engines broke in Saturday. Damn!! What a procedure that was!! You can definitely tell when they've completed the process. These babies all of a sudden light up and go!! When they shift into second, kiss them good by, they're easily over 50mph. The performance and suspension is amazing! Very happy with these Revos!Thanks to Mike for the iPod. Completing the registry for the iPod and the Apple App Store is akin to a DOD background check. Apple really makes you jump through some hoops to use their products and services. The TraxxasLink app is pretty cool. Now, I know that I can hit 44mph in the back yard. Yee haw!!! Grass flying every where. Too much fun!!! Thanks again, Mike!!!!Anyone wanna do a beer and buggy night? Went to Hobby Town USA on Friday and checked out both gifts you got for Kim. All I can say is they are awesome and you sir are a awesome gift giver....saw the price tags :lol:I am down if my old school Hornet is acceptable.....I built it and all...not like these new ones that are all done for you. I won't be winning any races against you guys of course though

Plus guess you and Kim have not met my new wife :)

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Jun 30th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Went to Hobby Town USA on Friday and checked out both gifts you got for Kim. All I can say is they are awesome and you sir are a awesome gift giver....saw the price tags :lol:I am down if my old school Hornet is acceptable.....I built it and all...not like these new ones that are all done for you. I won't be winning any races against you guys of course though

Plus guess you and Kim have not met my new wife :)You know better than that, you are more than welcome anytime. It's been a while. Last time we saw you, your vaporizer was leaking like the Valdez all over my living room. You didn't actually have to hit the thing, just be within five feet of it.:yumyum:

I would have preferred to build mine, too. It's crazy what is available out-of the-box, though!!

I have to admit, though, after twenty-five years of building airplanes, I'm SICK of it!!!!

bulldog
Mon Jun 30th, 2014, 03:11 PM
You know better than that, you are more than welcome anytime. It's been a while. Last time we saw you, your vaporizer was leaking like the Valdez all over my living room. You didn't actually have to hit the thing, just be within five feet of it.:yumyum:

I would have preferred to build mine, too. It's crazy what is available out-of the-box, though!!

I have to admit, though, after twenty-five years of building airplanes, I'm SICK of it!!!!
Thanks man :) Let me know when you plan one of these and I'll see if my prehistoric RC still runs; been a few months since I charged those old batteries.

Yeah I have upgraded to a much better vaporizer now! I love watching people think they don't work well then watching them cough from vapor and then watch as they suddenly get ripped and become a believer.

Yeah was checking some possibilities out over at HobbyTown USA. Their selection of RC's is pretty good for being local.

I have built so many models it is crazy. Few years back I taught myself how to airbrush and that really elevated my models. I tend to build mostly Tamiya as I got tired of lower quality ones. Actually just finished up a ZX1200 this weekend. My favorite to build are sportbikes, but I have built a lot of Indy Cars and Monster Trucks too. You airbrush at all?

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Jun 30th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Thanks man :) Let me know when you plan one of these and I'll see if my prehistoric RC still runs; been a few months since I charged those old batteries.Give me your batteries and I'll put them on my battery conditioner. I've brought back batteries that were over ten-years old.

You airbrush at all?I used to a long time ago. Made a ton of money, I was pretty good. I did show car murals and race car lettering and graphics.

bulldog
Tue Jul 1st, 2014, 07:40 AM
Give me your batteries and I'll put them on my battery conditioner. I've brought back batteries that were over ten-years old.

I used to a long time ago. Made a ton of money, I was pretty good. I did show car murals and race car lettering and graphics. Wow, didn't know this was a option; I used to have a bunch of battery packs so I'll have to see if I can find them.

Nice, sounds like you are way more skilled than me. I just bought one and watched some videos online to learn. It at least elevated my models and made me able to finish them faster. Recently started using this floor wax called "Future" that works great as a gloss and to mix acrylics...that has helped too.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Jul 23rd, 2014, 11:31 AM
Nate, you get your shit yet?

My Drag Timing System came yesterday. It is super bad ass!! It is EXACTLY like a real drag race timing system, well, it doesn't have sixty-foot beams and it used lasers instead of light beams, but everything else is dead-on. Pre-stage and stage lights are the new NHRA LED blue circle with the white line between, feels like I'm back at the Mile High Nationals. Speed trap and finish line beams give MPH. It has pro and sportsman trees with reaction times. You can run dial-ins so cars of different speeds can still race each other. With the iPod link, it prints time slips and keeps track of the ladder sheet for multiple racers. It's just like Friday night at Bandimere!! Just gotta find a place big enough to set it up. 132' for our 1/10 scale Revos.

Best of all, I got if free for buying two cars at once!!

Link to DTS-1 on the Traxxas site:

http://traxxas.com/products/parts/accessories/6570dragtimingsystem

bulldog
Wed Jul 23rd, 2014, 12:43 PM
Nate, you get your shit yet?

My Drag Timing System came yesterday. It is super bad ass!! It is EXACTLY like a real drag race timing system, well, it doesn't have sixty-foot beams and it used lasers instead of light beams, but everything else is dead-on. Pre-stage and stage lights are the new NHRA LED blue circle with the white line between, feels like I'm back at the Mile High Nationals. Speed trap and finish line beams give MPH. It has pro and sportsman trees with reaction times. You can run dial-ins so cars of different speeds can still race each other. With the iPod link, it prints time slips and keeps track of the ladder sheet for multiple racers. It's just like Friday night at Bandimere!! Just gotta find a place big enough to set it up. 132' for our 1/10 scale Revos.

Best of all, I got if free for buying two cars at once!!

Link to DTS-1 on the Traxxas site:

http://traxxas.com/products/parts/accessories/6570dragtimingsystem I did get it in! Had to do some tweaking as it was old, but I think I got it up and going. pretty amazing considering it has to be like 15+ years old. Although I doubt we will need a timer as yours should kill mine :lol: Although that timer thing is cool.

You planning to go to the CSC BBQ this Sunday Dean?

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Jul 23rd, 2014, 01:31 PM
... pretty amazing considering it has to be like 15+ years old. Although I doubt we will need a timer as yours should kill mine :lol:That's what dial-ins are for. You make a few practice passes and when you're ready to race, you type in what you think your car will run. That's your dial-in. That's how a 9 second car can run against a 14 second car. The slower car starts first (based on dial-in differential) and mathematically they arrive at the finish line at the same time. If you run faster than your dial-in, you lose, so no sandbagging. Reaction time and consistancy is everything. This is how sportsman classes work in drag racing. Anyone can race anyone... Pro classes are different. They run "heads-up". Both cars start at the same time.

You planning to go to the CSC BBQ this Sunday Dean?Gonna be down at Tarryall shooting that day...

Ezzzzy1
Wed Jul 23rd, 2014, 02:29 PM
Id buy anything this girl sells.... :shocked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDUEOQcT4bQ

Bueller
Sat Aug 2nd, 2014, 09:39 AM
Should not have driven Dean's truck last weekend.

Now this is on it's way, should arrive Tues.
Unfortunately Colpar didn't have this in stock or I would be tearing up my lawn this weekend. :)
http://traxxas.com/sites/default/files/3903emaxx_side.jpg

One-ops
Sat Aug 2nd, 2014, 10:43 AM
Sweet I wanna come play!!! I've got an older Revo 3.3

asp_125
Sat Aug 2nd, 2014, 04:15 PM
So much fun! Here's my nephew with my old E-Maxx

http://vimeo.com/94104235

Kim-n-Dean
Sat Aug 2nd, 2014, 04:31 PM
Should not have driven Dean's truck last weekend. Now this is on it's way, should arrive Tues. Unfortunately Colpar didn't have this in stock or I would be tearing up my lawn this weekend. :)Sweet!!!

Renata didn't tell you I have a $15 off coupon for ya?

Bueller
Sat Aug 2nd, 2014, 06:09 PM
Yes she did, and there is a $25 coupon on the website but it is still $50 cheaper off of Amazon and 2 day delivery.

Bueller
Tue Aug 5th, 2014, 05:42 PM
Trucks here. Just finished roosting up the wife's flower beds, crashing into every LED light in the yard and chasing the dogs all over the yard. This thing is some fun! LiPo batteries are coming tomorrow. Time for that beers (or the such) and buggies. :)

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Aug 5th, 2014, 10:19 PM
Trucks here. Just finished roosting up the wife's flower beds, crashing into every LED light in the yard and chasing the dogs all over the yard. This thing is some fun! LiPo batteries are coming tomorrow. Time for that beers (or the such) and buggies. :)This weekend? Fire up the smoker, too?

Bueller
Wed Aug 6th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Sounds like a good plan.

bulldog
Wed Aug 6th, 2014, 09:25 AM
I still owe you a visit too Dean. Haven't forgotten just had some busy weekends

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Aug 6th, 2014, 03:02 PM
Sounds like a good plan.

I still owe you a visit too Dean. Haven't forgotten just had some busy weekendsWow!! What a piece of shit this website has become. Both in content and performance. Been trying all day to respond to you guys, the stupid thing finally came up.

Saturday, Saturday, Saturday!! We'll sell you the whole seat, but you'll only need the edge!! Let's destroy some really expensive R/C cars!!

Anytime works as the smoker takes all day. You don't have to have a car, everyone is welcome (PM me for directions), but I think there's only two people on here that I still know. Bring a bathing suit if you wanna hit the hot tub. It's at it's summer temperature.

Gotta go build some ramps...

birchyboy
Wed Aug 6th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Anytime works as the smoker takes all day. You don't have to have a car, everyone is welcome (PM me for directions), but I think there's only two people on here that I still know. Bring a bathing suit if you wanna hit the hot tube. It's at it's summer temperature.

Gotta go build some ramps...

Hitting the hot tube sounds too kinky for me!

~Barn~
Wed Aug 6th, 2014, 04:04 PM
I find that hard to believe. :p

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Aug 6th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Hitting the hot tube sounds too kinky for me!Ooops! I had to read your post a few time to catch what you were talking about. It's amazing how the mind sees what it thinks it's supposed to see!

Fixed... Kim's always saying she wishes her RC transmitter was waterproof. Hot tub drivin'...

We've brought out the 32" LCD from our RV and set it up next to the hot tub for football games. Put the remote in a zip-lock bag. Works great!

bulldog
Thu Aug 7th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Wow!! What a piece of shit this website has become. Both in content and performance. Been trying all day to respond to you guys, the stupid thing finally came up.

Saturday, Saturday, Saturday!! We'll sell you the whole seat, but you'll only need the edge!! Let's destroy some really expensive R/C cars!!

Anytime works as the smoker takes all day. You don't have to have a car, everyone is welcome (PM me for directions), but I think there's only two people on here that I still know. Bring a bathing suit if you wanna hit the hot tub. It's at it's summer temperature.

Gotta go build some ramps... Let me talk to the wife to see if she works this weekend; she is a ICU nurse and has one weekend an month. I'll either PM you or give you a call Dean.

bornwildnfree
Thu Aug 7th, 2014, 03:24 PM
Well, now I know what I'm getting DICK for Christmas. Thanks Dean!

Bueller
Fri Aug 8th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Found a great place to run the truck this afternoon. Huge open area with short or no vegetation, hundreds of prairie dog mounds to jump. And you can get way far away from housing so noise shouldn't be a problem. Only problem is when you flip the truck it can be a bit of a walk to right it.

Kim-n-Dean
Sat Aug 9th, 2014, 08:50 AM
Found a great place to run the truck this afternoon. Huge open area with short or no vegetation, hundreds of prairie dog mounds to jump. And you can get way far away from housing so noise shouldn't be a problem. Only problem is when you flip the truck it can be a bit of a walk to right it.Damn!! That's a great idea. Prairie Dog field!!

Find some private land and we could drive for a while and then shoot the fuckers at the end. That's our next camping trip. Any land owners on here?

Watch out for the Plague, though!!

One-ops
Sat Aug 9th, 2014, 10:00 AM
I broke mine yesterday so I'm out. I was running a praire dog field by my house! All though fun it's hard to orient to the holes from a distance and the side can't see is often different from the side you can. Not sure what broke but the clutch won't disengage. Crazy tumbles. Yeah walking to right it sucks. Always seems it's the farthest away when it happens to. Lol. I have to check it out later I've been wanting to adjust the shift for awhile now anyway. Next time perhaps. You cut a track is sorts or something in your backyard Dean?

Kim-n-Dean
Sat Aug 9th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Site is screwing up again. Doesn't matter what time of day it is. I was emailing a client when you posted at 10:00a.m. It took me thirty minutes to get in to respond.

I broke mine yesterday so I'm out. I was running a praire dog field by my house! All though fun it's hard to orient to the holes from a distance and the side can't see is often different from the side you can. Not sure what broke but the clutch won't disengage. Crazy tumbles. Yeah walking to right it sucks. Always seems it's the farthest away when it happens to. Lol. I have to check it out later I've been wanting to adjust the shift for awhile now anyway. Next time perhaps. You cut a track is sorts or something in your backyard Dean?

Probably an easy fix. Do you have a universal Chevy tool (sledgehammer)?

Haven't had my tranny apart, yet. There's a ton of shit in there, two-speed with reverse. Pretty amazing little unit!

Does your drinking arm still work?

Bueller
Sun Aug 10th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Had a great day of eating and bashing trucks, thanks for putting this on.
"Chargers" rule!

Kim-n-Dean
Sun Aug 10th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Had a great day of eating and bashing trucks, thanks for putting this on.
"Chargers" rule!Nitro rules!!!

That was a blast!! Need to do that again. I can't believe no one broke anything, especially me when I flew the heli into the tree and then later hit the house. Good thing it didn't end up in the hot tub!!!

Good to see ya again, Nate! It was nice to meet your wife as well!

bulldog
Mon Aug 11th, 2014, 07:52 AM
Nitro rules!!!

That was a blast!! Need to do that again. I can't believe no one broke anything, especially me when I flew the heli into the tree and then later hit the house. Good thing it didn't end up in the hot tub!!!

Good to see ya again, Nate! It was nice to meet your wife as well! Good times...thanks for having us over :cheers:

Went home and started looking at Traxxas...man are those trucks the most bad ass RC's I have ever seen!!!!

I got to admit I am stuck between "Chargers" and "Nitro" now after seeing Deans (nitro) and Buellers (charger). Hard decision...love the sound and smell of the Nitro, but the waterproof charger is also cool; lower torque on battery traxxas, but major top end n Nitro. Never had a Nitro so not sure how much harder those are the run. Probably won't pull the trigger on one for a few as a new house is what we are looking at now...but damn I want a traxxas now! :lol:

That quad copter was sick too....never knew a RC could go so high in the air!

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Aug 11th, 2014, 02:34 PM
I got to admit I am stuck between "Chargers" and "Nitro" now after seeing Deans (nitro) and Buellers (charger). Hard decision...love the sound and smell of the Nitro, but the waterproof charger is also coolYeah, when I bought ours I aksed the guy if I can drive them through water. He said, "yes."

When I got home and read the manual, it says to not even drive them in wet grass. I was a little pissed! We'll probably get some E-Revos before winter. Kim (and me) wants to drive in the snow. Plus, it would be nice to have quite trucks for the RV resorts.

bulldog
Mon Aug 11th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Yeah, when I bought ours I aksed the guy if I can drive them through water. He said, "yes."

When I got home and read the manual, it says to not even drive them in wet grass. I was a little pissed! We'll probably get some E-Revos before winter. Kim (and me) wants to drive in the snow. Plus, it would be nice to have quite trucks for the RV resorts. The funny thing is it would be nice to have them make no noise , but then I found myself loving the sound when the throttle was hit; and something about the puff of smoke too. Both are awesome for sure and amazing how far RC technology has come too. Damn you guys for making me want one :lol:

Eeeeezy….want to sell yours on the cheap? I am afraid to buy used, but from someone I trusted like you, I would. :D

birchyboy
Mon Aug 11th, 2014, 03:24 PM
The funny thing is it would be nice to have them quitter, but then I found myself loving the sound when the throttle was hit; and something about the puff of smoke too. Both are awesome for sure and amazing how far RC technology has come too. Damn you guys for making me want one :lol:

Eeeeezy….want to sell yours on the cheap? I am afraid to buy used, but from someone I trusted like you, I would. :D

You're rolling coal with an R/C car?

bulldog
Mon Aug 11th, 2014, 03:30 PM
You're rolling coal with an R/C car? I am not getting what you mean????

The RC's were nitro....I assume some sort of RC race fuel. Dean had the Nitro truck and Bueller has the battery truck.

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Aug 11th, 2014, 03:44 PM
I am not getting what you mean????

The RC's were nitro....I assume some sort of RC race fuel. Dean had the Nitro truck and Bueller has the battery truck.Nitromethane. We run 20% Nitro and the rest is methyl alcohol with some lubricants. The engines are two-strokes, so the fuel is the lubricant. I can run as high as 33% Nitro in our cars. My helis run 40%. Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars run 90% nitro, 10% methane.

birchyboy
Mon Aug 11th, 2014, 03:52 PM
I am not getting what you mean????

The RC's were nitro....I assume some sort of RC race fuel. Dean had the Nitro truck and Bueller has the battery truck.

I attempted to make a joke about the puff of smoke...like a little diesel "rolling coal".

Bueller
Mon Aug 11th, 2014, 05:08 PM
I wouldn't mind having a Nitro truck, I may scour some CL listings, find one that's been lightly used and stuck in the closet.
But I really do like the electrics for the stealth and the instant torque. When I run it out on my street it'll scream about as fast as I am willing to go with my truck. And the neighbors don't even know I am out there unless they see me. Dogs finally stopped barking at them so now it is quiet in my back yard too. And they are a blast on wet grass and wet pavement. Now Renata is hooked on her little REVOvxl and was out running it in the backyard a bunch yesterday, I think we found a new hobby we can both spend too much $ on.

Finally broke the E maxx yesterday, broke the rear shock tower landing a jump. Time to wire it together until the new ones arrive. :)

Ezzzzy1
Mon Aug 11th, 2014, 06:21 PM

I would get rid of one of the RCs that I have. Figure out what you would be willing to spend and let me know!

The Nitro has only been broken in and then had maybe 1/2 gallon of fuel run through it. It really hasnt seen much run time. Needs new tires but I would get those before I sold it. It has probably $60 worth of upgrade control arms as well.

Bueller
Sun Aug 24th, 2014, 04:59 PM
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee291/rmsupermoto999/RC%20cars/CAM00309_zpsuzcoqdzr.jpg (http://s232.photobucket.com/user/rmsupermoto999/media/RC%20cars/CAM00309_zpsuzcoqdzr.jpg.html)

Got the nitro truck I wanted. I curse you Dean!

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Aug 25th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Got the nitro truck I wanted. I curse you Dean!Been trying all weekend to reply. I was just now able to log-in. Damn site definitely isn't fixed!!!!!

Nice truck! What size engine? Another BBQ weekend?

Bueller
Mon Aug 25th, 2014, 12:25 PM
It's the 3.3. 2 spd. but no reverse, it is a "racing“ model.
I am for sure ready to tear up the yard. We will bee home through the weekend and then of to Tarryal tues through Saturday

Bueller
Thu Oct 23rd, 2014, 05:59 PM
A pic from a original gopro hero strapped to a 350QX2http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee291/rmsupermoto999/Dirtandcamp/Camp%20Hale/P001-366-256-285-01101_zpsbvsippz8.jpg (http://s232.photobucket.com/user/rmsupermoto999/media/Dirtandcamp/Camp%20Hale/P001-366-256-285-01101_zpsbvsippz8.jpg.html)

Straight up from my backyard.

birchyboy
Thu Oct 23rd, 2014, 06:20 PM
Very cool. Any idea how high it was?

Bueller
Thu Oct 23rd, 2014, 07:30 PM
Very cool. Any idea how high it was?

Tiny dot in the sky-hi is all I can say for sure.

Bueller
Thu Oct 23rd, 2014, 07:41 PM
Another one from dusk, just one that I got from a couple hundred stillshttp://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee291/rmsupermoto999/Dirtandcamp/Camp%20Hale/DCIM100GOPRO_zpshcwilv5z.jpg (http://s232.photobucket.com/user/rmsupermoto999/media/Dirtandcamp/Camp%20Hale/DCIM100GOPRO_zpshcwilv5z.jpg.html)

Kim-n-Dean
Fri Oct 24th, 2014, 08:40 AM
A pic from a original gopro hero strapped to a 350QX2

Straight up from my backyard.I'm confused. Did you get a QX2? If so, why did you have to strap a GoPro to it? Didn't it come with a 5.8 GHz camera and gimbal?

EDIT: Ahhhh... I just looked it up. Blade now makes a QX2 without the camera and gimbal. Is that what you got? Pretty cool.

Be careful with the GoPro attached. The QX's are known for having the GPS take over and the thing flies away, never to be seen again. Mine has done some weird shit and crashed (I've re-built it three times), but has never just "took-off". All my friends have lost theirs, though.

Wanna come over and try one of my helicopters?:twisted:

Bueller
Fri Oct 24th, 2014, 11:38 AM
The are supposed to have taken care off the compass and GPS problems with the update and the qx2 has the GPS antenna relocated away from the camera.
Scared myself good last night though. Got it up high enough I lost it in the clouds. What a rush that was.
Not sure about a heli just yet, I'll have to get more copper money before I can get involved with those. I want a fixed wing now, I really like the P-51 mustang. Or a battle quad! :-)

Kim-n-Dean
Fri Oct 24th, 2014, 01:13 PM
The are supposed to have taken care off the compass and GPS problems with the update and the qx2 has the GPS antenna relocated away from the camera.
Scared myself good last night though. Got it up high enough I lost it in the clouds. What a rush that was.
Not sure about a heli just yet, I'll have to get more copper money before I can get involved with those. I want a fixed wing now, I really like the P-51 mustang. Or a battle quad! :-)That supposed fix is Firmware V2. Mine has that and the QX's are still losing control. The relocated receiver is placed vertically next to the battery with shielding wrapped around it.The relocated antenna is placed on top of the right, rear speed controller. How's that a better location? To make these changes, you have to cut out some of the webbing/bracing in the arm that carries the right, rear motor. Since I never carry a camera, I put my receiver and antenna back in the original location. Their "fix" is a total joke!! The only thing they changed between the QX and QX2 is the fuselage. You don't' have to cut the QX2 fuse to relocate the GPS.

If you bind without GPS, it's supposed to solve all the problems. The reason I got the QX is so Kim can fly it (smart/GPS mode). Also, the "return home" has saved my ass many times. I pretty much only fly at night and I have lost it in clouds or behind trees during the day. If I wasn't in GPS mode, it would probably be lost by now...

Are you flying yours with GPS on?

Bueller
Fri Oct 24th, 2014, 05:18 PM
Oh yea! I will fly it in the yard with no lock while I am waiting for it, but once I get it I land and disarm/rearm for my RTH lock.
I just flew it with a better gopro in a hard case with the lens cover removed. Looks to be much better res. I guess I'll have to send the Hero2 up next.

Bueller
Tue Nov 11th, 2014, 07:43 AM
Took the E-Maxx out into the snow yesterday.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee291/rmsupermoto999/RC%20cars/CAM00362_zpsn6igxmep.jpg
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee291/rmsupermoto999/RC%20cars/CAM00364_zpszraijpfi.jpg

bulldog
Tue Nov 11th, 2014, 08:18 AM
No snow ramps????...WTF :dunno:

:lol: Looks like fun

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Nov 13th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Took the E-Maxx out into the snow yesterday.You son-of-a-bitch! You just had to go and post pics of some snow driving, didn't ya!!

Well... got two of these on their way, now... Fucker!!!

Front and rear lockers (independently controlled), low and high range, working front and rear lights. Should be pretty cool...

http://home.comcast.net/~tk4480/CSC/5607-3qtr-PG-Black-R.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~tk4480/CSC/5607_snow_dark-front.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~tk4480/CSC/5607_summit_mud.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~tk4480/CSC/5607_water_action.jpg

Bueller
Thu Nov 13th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Ha! Nice!

This RC shit is outta control!!!!!!..

I am fucking up both of these now.
http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/horizonhobby/BLH3180_a15http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/horizonhobby/BLH4650_a5

Kim-n-Dean
Thu Nov 13th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Ha! Nice!

This RC shit is outta control!!!!!!..

I am fucking up both of these now.Where's the inverted hover pic?!?

It's not out of control, yet. I flew airplanes for twenty-five years before I got into helis. Flew Helis for about six years before I got into trucks. My planes were approaching the $5,000/each mark before I got into helis. Lots of money to be spent yet. We should have our wives get second jobs!!! I wanna be a house husband!!!!

One-ops
Thu Nov 13th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Love this thread!!! Lol hate the money it wants me to spend though lol.
I go in and out of interest for Rc. I need way more patients for the heils.
I got stuck in a rut kinda with a lil blade msr. Had hopes to go to something like the blade 400.
I get bored pretty easy just running around with the revo and the clean it run it break it fix it repeat. It's fun and doesn't always break but it does happen.
Love the R/C sparks vids makes me thinking about a scale style crawler next time I get back into it.

Bueller
Mon Dec 22nd, 2014, 01:30 PM
Night flight above Aurora. Trying to see if Christmas lights showed up.
http://youtu.be/T1idG0UWQ3w

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Feb 11th, 2015, 01:41 PM
Well shit! This damn hobby!!

Since Ford and Castrol have pulled out of Top Fuel, you won't see Team Force in a Ford or Castrol colors again. John is my favorite and always has been, so I had to get these cars. The man's stats are incredible and will never be beat!

Traxxas website - https://traxxas.com/products/models/electric/6907funnycar

http://home.comcast.net/~tk4480/CSC/TraxCF.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~tk4480/CSC/TraxJF.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~tk4480/CSC/TraxRH.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~tk4480/CSC/TraxMN.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~tk4480/CSC/TraxCFwheelie.jpg

Bueller
Fri Feb 13th, 2015, 09:15 AM
You figure out a place to run these yet?
I just spent enough to buy one of these on parts to fix my crashed heli's
:(

Kim-n-Dean
Fri Feb 13th, 2015, 09:59 AM
You figure out a place to run these yet?Nope. That's what has kept me from buying them sooner, but when I saw John Force and the rest of his team in Camaros last weekend, I thought I better get these before they're gone. The day after the race, Monday, all places were sold out of John's car and Courtney's was on limited supply.

:(Shit!! I was doing $200+ a day when I was learning to fly helis. Perhaps, learning to fly in the living room wasn't the best idea...

~Barn~
Fri Feb 13th, 2015, 11:06 AM
I think I'm about ready to bite the bullet and buy myself a 450x RTF. There are some good deals online since is seems like Quadra's are the new "it" product and driving down the price a bit of the traditional helis.

Kim-n-Dean
Fri Feb 13th, 2015, 11:19 AM
:(Here's my next purchase, but Kim will probably divorce me. These will be awesome on the Revos or Summits...
http://home.comcast.net/~tk4480/CSC/tracks.jpg

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Feb 18th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Got the Funny Cars on Monday. I don't think Traxxas knows how to build crap. These things are amazing. Every Traxxas car I have, which is eight now, are tanks. Excellent engineering and very high quality parts. Not cheap construction at all. I've flipped my Revo end-over-end on pavement at about 50MPH, that's about ten cartwheels, and it keeps coming back for more! Traxxas RULES!!! Should get the X0-1 next. 100+ MPH...

Bueller
Sun Feb 22nd, 2015, 10:29 AM
After a torturous long weekend of 15 hour days in Ogden UT. My employer surprised me with a very generous bonus check on top of the scrap metal $ yet to come. So I splurged a little.
http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/horizonhobby/HBZ7980_b0?wid=1400&hei=778

http://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/horizonhobby/SPMVS1100_b0?wid=1400&hei=778

Kim-n-Dean
Sun Feb 22nd, 2015, 11:46 AM
After a torturous long weekend of 15 hour days in Ogden UT. My employer surprised me with a very generous bonus check on top of the scrap metal $ yet to come. So I splurged a little.Let me know how those goggles work. I've been dying to try them!!

Bueller
Sun Feb 22nd, 2015, 05:16 PM
Should be awesome, small enough for almost any of the models to carry, land and air.

~Barn~
Sun Feb 22nd, 2015, 05:43 PM
Huh. That's kind of awesome.

Bueller
Mon Feb 23rd, 2015, 07:04 AM
This is what I would like to do, we'll see how well this stuff works.

NSFW for language towards the end.

http://youtu.be/tjzbPvQBzK4

Bueller
Mon Feb 23rd, 2015, 08:48 AM
http://youtu.be/ZeE0DrmMgLw

Nolan
Mon Feb 23rd, 2015, 10:54 AM
I don't need another fun expense. But damn, that looks cool.

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Feb 23rd, 2015, 01:45 PM
...So I splurged a little.We're going to have to get bigger toy haulers so we can bring all of our RC shit when we go camping!

One-ops
Tue Feb 24th, 2015, 10:38 AM
That looks Funn as Hell!!!!

Bueller
Thu Feb 26th, 2015, 11:00 AM
FPV gear should arrive today. (Replacement) 350 QX3 arived yesterday. I am really looking seriously at getting one of these Luminare or Blackout quads.

This video really makes me want to start ordering parts! Anyone want to buy a Blade QX3 BNF, NIB? :)

http://youtu.be/7_m00HBfvDQ

Bueller
Fri Feb 27th, 2015, 02:50 PM
So the FPV came a day late with the snow but it is pretty cool. The camera in this package is a transmitter too, so not great range and with the snow I flew it a bit with the small quad but it'll take some practice for sure to fly well. put it on the Emaxx and what a kick. running around the house with the mini E Revo now!

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee291/rmsupermoto999/Heli/IMAG0133_zpsa37kbwr7.jpg
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee291/rmsupermoto999/Heli/IMAG0132_zpsou5r31y5.jpg
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee291/rmsupermoto999/Heli/IMAG0130_zpsjvliup8a.jpg
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee291/rmsupermoto999/Heli/IMAG0122_zpswaossptg.jpg

Bueller
Fri Mar 27th, 2015, 02:59 PM
Good flyin'/drivin' weather this weekend :yes:

FZRguy
Wed Apr 15th, 2015, 08:11 PM
FPV is enuff to get me to look into this RC world.

UHATEIT
Thu Apr 16th, 2015, 08:58 AM
I miss being in the RC game. I was way into it back in 2011 when I had a whole setup of cars and helicopters. I like the pics of the snow driving, that would be really fun! I hated riding through mud tho and having to clean everything off of the unit afterwards. I enjoyed hitting Wheel Park at Iliff/Chambers they had a little dirt track there setup for RC cars only, and then there were the skateboard ramps I liked to jump my Ruckus off of:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l72/widerisbetter/268903_229928373699216_100000461640083_823007_6529 171_n_zps5a36c0db.jpg (http://s93.photobucket.com/user/widerisbetter/media/268903_229928373699216_100000461640083_823007_6529 171_n_zps5a36c0db.jpg.html)
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l72/widerisbetter/261577_229928063699247_100000461640083_823005_5194 379_n_zpsb61b2201.jpg (http://s93.photobucket.com/user/widerisbetter/media/261577_229928063699247_100000461640083_823005_5194 379_n_zpsb61b2201.jpg.html)
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l72/widerisbetter/2012-01-12130443_zps243927c3.jpg (http://s93.photobucket.com/user/widerisbetter/media/2012-01-12130443_zps243927c3.jpg.html)
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l72/widerisbetter/2011-10-09135941_zpse4cc84bf.jpg (http://s93.photobucket.com/user/widerisbetter/media/2011-10-09135941_zpse4cc84bf.jpg.html)

bulldog
Thu Apr 16th, 2015, 09:10 AM
I miss being in the RC game. I was way into it back in 2011 when I had a whole setup of cars and helicopters. I like the pics of the snow driving, that would be really fun! I hated riding through mud tho and having to clean everything off of the unit afterwards. I enjoyed hitting Wheel Park at Iliff/Chambers they had a little dirt track there setup for RC cars only, and then there were the skateboard ramps I liked to jump my Ruckus off of:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l72/widerisbetter/268903_229928373699216_100000461640083_823007_6529 171_n_zps5a36c0db.jpg (http://s93.photobucket.com/user/widerisbetter/media/268903_229928373699216_100000461640083_823007_6529 171_n_zps5a36c0db.jpg.html)

Heck yeah, my favorite places to play with RC cars; skateparks. I've got so much air I am amazed the abuse some RC cars can take; old school Tamiya Super Hornet

Kim-n-Dean
Mon May 4th, 2015, 05:24 PM
My photographer buddy came over this weekend with his $8,000 camera and shot a bunch of stills. I thought I'd animate some of the stills together for the hell of it. The files are bigger than I thought they would be, but I've never made an animated GIF before. I played around with the playback speed a little. I love the stop-motion look of the stills running in sequence.

Looks like it's time for that first mow of the year!!

They load a little slow, but run fine once they do. Links to a few more...
1.gif (http://home.comcast.net/~tk4480/anagif/ana2.gif)
2.gif (http://home.comcast.net/~tk4480/anagif/ana3.gif)
3.gif (http://home.comcast.net/~tk4480/anagif/ana4.gif)

http://home.comcast.net/~tk4480/anagif/ana1.gif

Bueller
Mon May 4th, 2015, 07:24 PM
Got to fly my newest this weekend.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee291/rmsupermoto999/Heli/101_3208_zpspjwhxigo.jpg

Here with the rest.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee291/rmsupermoto999/Heli/101_3202_zpsclq8rq0i.jpg

Bueller
Sun Jun 7th, 2015, 09:07 PM
Some pretty good FPV stuff from this guy.
This is some Moab stuff

https://youtu.be/Wgh9XKNmgPA