PDA

View Full Version : Triple Bypass Ride (Bicycle) - July 12-13, 2014 - This weekend

Sully
Thu Jul 10th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Heads up if you are riding any of the passes this weekend. Looks like they are starting Saturday morning in Evergreen at Bergen Park up Squaw Pass.
Here is the link for the map and official info:

https://www2.triplebypass.org/index.php#map

Triple Bypass Saturday Ride
Begins in Bergen Park, Colorado heading West on Highway 103 traveling along Juniper Pass/Squaw Pass, through Echo Lake into Idaho Springs. From Idaho Springs, riders will continue on the Frontage Roads and the new Bakerville to Loveland Bike Path adjacent to the I-70 corridor through Georgetown, Silver Plume and Bakerville into Loveland Ski Area. The ride will continue on Highway 6, over Loveland Pass and into Keystone. From Keystone, riders will take Swan Mountain into Frisco. From Frisco, riders will take the bike path through Copper Mountain, over Vail Pass and into East Vail. From East Vail, riders will take the Frontage Roads, bike path and Highway 6 into the finish area in Avon, Colorado.

Triple Bypass Sunday Ride
Begins in Avon, Colorado heading East on highway 6, the bike path and Frontage Roads through Vail and over Vail Pass. Riders will travel over Vail Pass, through Copper Mountain and into Frisco on the Bike Path. Once in Frisco, riders will take the bike bath adjacent to Dillon Dam through Dillon and into Keystone. From Dillon, riders will travel along Highway 6 over Loveland Pass and into Loveland Ski Area. From Loveland Ski Area riders will take the new Bakerville to Loveland Bike Path through Bakerville, Silver Plum and into Georgetown. From Georgetown, riders will continue East on Frontage Roads to Idaho Springs and onto Highway 103 through Echo Lake and over Juniper Pass/Squaw Pass into the finish area in Buchanan Park, Colorado.

madvlad
Thu Jul 10th, 2014, 10:13 AM
So what she is saying is make fun of them, pedal as you ride by and don't forget to accesorize with the proper tassels, basket and a bike bell. Also Diesel truck drivers, smoke em :lol:

Clovis
Thu Jul 10th, 2014, 10:37 AM
I've got to give credit where credit is due. I would not be able to pedel up Squaw pass let alone Mt. Evens.

With that said, I loath bicyclist... they're like the motorcycle's pompus cousin that no one likes to talk about.

Most of the time they're not a problem, when they ride single file on the right. The problem of course is a lot of them don't. I've been stuck behind a pack of flying down squaw pass or Devil's gultch. When they're on a down hill they can hit 60-70mph and basically be slow enough that I want to pass them but moving fast enough to make passing difficult.

Also, the USA ProCycle challange starts again in August. Looks like they'll be around Aspen and Monarch a lot for that week.