PDA

View Full Version : Any top speed thrill seekers here?

Hibs
Fri Jul 25th, 2014, 08:01 AM
I'm looking for a partner in crime, that wants to go out with me early on a saturday morning on an empty highway and do a couple 6th gear redline blasts. I know this isn't for everyone, but surely there has got to be some guys who want to know what their maximum speed is? I have a GPS that measures top speed, I just don't want to be doing this stuff all by my lonesome, in case something bad happens. Trying to be responsible at being irresponsible, ya know? I don't care if you have a 600 or a 1400. If you're interested, let me know.

Aaron
Fri Jul 25th, 2014, 04:03 PM
This is genius.

By the way, just wondering if anyone is up for robbing a bank with me this Sunday afternoon. Just don't want to do it alone, trying to be responsible ya know?

I dont know what about this forum led you to believe we advocate going out on public roadways to try and hit 200mph, but you're clearly misinformed. We don't. There are several users here that are Law Enforcement Officers, that are active on this forum, including myself.

We have these pretty cool things called race tracks. They're cheap. I can hit 170 on PMP's front stretch. And at 170 at this altitude, I don't have much left.

#1Townie
Fri Jul 25th, 2014, 04:16 PM
http://youtu.be/dm6xexu_wJY

#1Townie
Fri Jul 25th, 2014, 04:22 PM
http://youtu.be/urgQKNMdTQM

Or this.

Aaron... Ftp! :D

The Black Knight
Fri Jul 25th, 2014, 04:40 PM
This is genius.

By the way, just wondering if anyone is up for robbing a bank with me this Sunday afternoon. Just don't want to do it alone, trying to be responsible ya know?

I dont know what about this forum led you to believe we advocate going out on public roadways to try and hit 200mph, but you're clearly misinformed. We don't. There are several users here that are Law Enforcement Officers, that are active on this forum, including myself.

We have these pretty cool things called race tracks. They're cheap. I can hit 170 on PMP's front stretch. And at 170 at this altitude, I don't have much left.

I'm down, as long as we can rob a train after we dynamite the safe at the bank. Oh yeah, this all has to be done via horseback as well. We have to be done before highnoon I've got a showdown at the OK Corral and then have to hit up a 5 card draw tournament on the paddle boat headin' up the river.

If that scenario doesn't work, I say we dress up in suits and wear dead president masks(I call Trickie Dick). We can practice working as a team while surfing. Just be careful if Keanu shows up, last I heard he told Bodhi, "This is your f**king wake up call, I AM AN F.B.I agent!!"

:D

Hi11Zone
Fri Jul 25th, 2014, 04:43 PM
I don't know how hard I LOL'D AT THIS!!

#1Townie
Fri Jul 25th, 2014, 05:03 PM
I'm down, as long as we can rob a train after we dynamite the safe at the bank. Oh yeah, this all has to be done via horseback as well. We have to be done before highnoon I've got a showdown at the OK Corral and then have to hit up a 5 card draw tournament on the paddle boat headin' up the river.

If that scenario doesn't work, I say we dress up in suits and wear dead president masks(I call Trickie Dick). We can practice working as a team while surfing. Just be careful if Keanu shows up, last I heard he told Bodhi, "This is your f**king wake up call, I AM AN F.B.I agent!!"

No no no. All wrong. We need to go all fast and furious style but with sport bikes. I even know how to drive the trucks and I'm dumb enough to jump up on one. It will be amazing! Aaron can be the uc. It will be like biker boys meets fast and the furious.

gator4life108
Fri Jul 25th, 2014, 05:55 PM
This thread reminded me of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtbMr-hElDY

#1Townie
Fri Jul 25th, 2014, 06:06 PM
This thread...

In other words.....

http://youtu.be/Rfyqka2TC48

madvlad
Fri Jul 25th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Who's baby is that? Gator's bitches better be wearing jimmies :lol:

KennyFish
Fri Jul 25th, 2014, 06:45 PM
I'll bring the y2k I bought after torque was done shooting. I'll be in full leathers no helmet aviator sunglasses

rush4theyeho
Fri Jul 25th, 2014, 06:46 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtbMr-hElDY

At 140, this dipshit is staring at his buddy next to him?

The Black Knight
Fri Jul 25th, 2014, 07:01 PM
I'll bring the y2k I bought after torque was done shooting. I'll be in full leathers no helmet aviator sunglasses

So that's where that bike went. I'll be there with the Nitrous Harley that did warp speed through downtown.

I say we all up the stakes and race for lids.. King of Cali Yo!!!

Hibs
Fri Jul 25th, 2014, 07:05 PM
This is genius.

MY BAD PANCHO.... people post on this message board all the time about canyon carving at a "hard" or "aggressive" pace, which I guarantee they are clearly exceeding the speed limit. No difference in what I'm asking.

Hibs
Fri Jul 25th, 2014, 07:07 PM
Btw, if your S1000rr is out of steam at 170mph, sounds like the problem is with the rider.

I know top end runs isn't for everyone. Just like drag racing.

The Black Knight
Fri Jul 25th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Btw, if your S1000rr is out of steam at 170mph, sounds like the problem is with the rider.

Oh Snap!!!

madvlad
Fri Jul 25th, 2014, 07:27 PM
MY BAD PANCHO.... people post on this message board all the time about canyon carving at a "hard" or "aggressive" pace, which I guarantee they are clearly exceeding the speed limit. No difference in what I'm asking.

He's got a point

The Black Knight
Fri Jul 25th, 2014, 07:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydqrBbRTTMQ

~Barn~
Fri Jul 25th, 2014, 07:42 PM
The best part of this thread is that you're probably getting PMs from people and I'm sure it will be a blast, so long as the stars don't align and something bad happens. Enjoy the buzz and don't kill yourself.

And oh yeah.... Are you expecting a better top speed from this run than your last?

KennyFish
Fri Jul 25th, 2014, 08:17 PM
So that's where that bike went. I'll be there with the Nitrous Harley that did warp speed through downtown.

It's autographed by cube and Jamie Presley. Can't raise for lids dude wrong movie. Your thinking biker boys. But I will sell that tank to Jesse James at the swap meet. Carpe Diem brotha!

KennyFish
Fri Jul 25th, 2014, 08:18 PM

Race not raise damn auto correct

The Black Knight
Fri Jul 25th, 2014, 08:37 PM
It's autographed by cube and Jamie Presley. Can't raise for lids dude wrong movie. Your thinking biker boys. But I will sell that tank to Jesse James at the swap meet. Carpe Diem brotha!

You're right, I'm thinking different movie. It's easy to get two real crappy movies confused. :D

#1Townie
Fri Jul 25th, 2014, 08:48 PM

Ohhhhhh shit another CHiPs reference. THATS TWO IN ONE WEEK!!!

Shit is getting real son.

Yeah don't take no shit from the man!!!!

PS bro I actually could care less what you do with your bike as long as you're having fun and no one gets hurt. As for the rest... FTP FTP FTP FTP!!

Except Aaron... I kind of like him... No homo.

WHISKEY TIME MOTHAFUCKAS!!

FZRguy
Fri Jul 25th, 2014, 09:11 PM

This guy survive?

#1Townie
Fri Jul 25th, 2014, 09:29 PM
This guy survive?

Actually yes he did. It was on reddit. The rider he is looking at is his cousin. He made the update with the video like a year later. Dude hot jacked up but yes he survived.

JKOL
Fri Jul 25th, 2014, 10:13 PM
Ohhhhhh shit another CHiPs reference. THATS TWO IN ONE WEEK!!!

Shit is getting real son.
WHISKEY TIME MOTHAFUCKAS!!

Clearly there are some awesome people here that miss the simpler times when the only concern they had was when Michael Knight, the Duke Boys, Lee Majors, Airwolf, Magnum, or John and Ponch came on next. Damn the 80s had some awesome TV.

AOK303
Fri Jul 25th, 2014, 11:23 PM
Dude.. they just did the air field topspeed drag was 30 buck to run down the Air field runway to get top speed
they have one more this year i think way safer the condition of the roads and how bad the drivers have been this year oi

a gtr i think held the tops speed

GMR
Sat Jul 26th, 2014, 07:01 AM
as my granddad would say, I only do a strong 75. That airfield thing sounds pretty cool though
also, thanks for making this great thread

Hibs
Sat Jul 26th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Dude.. they just did the air field topspeed drag was 30 buck to run down the Air field runway to get top speed
they have one more this year i think way safer the condition of the roads and how bad the drivers have been this year oi

a gtr i think held the tops speed

Bikes were not/are not allowed.

The closest sanctioned land speed race where bikes can race is the Texas Mile which is about 17 hours away.

#1Townie
Sat Jul 26th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Bikes were not/are not allowed.

The closest sanctioned land speed race where bikes can race is the Texas Mile which is about 17 hours away.

Don't explain yourself to them. Be like gator and take NO shit!

The Black Knight
Sat Jul 26th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Clearly there are some awesome people here that miss the simpler times when the only concern they had was when Michael Knight, the Duke Boys, Lee Majors, Airwolf, Magnum, or John and Ponch came on next. Damn the 80s had some awesome TV.

Very true, it was a much simpler time in the 80's. Seemed to be a lot less to worry about and it just wasn't as serious. As a kid I loved many of the 80's shows. Magnum and Knight Rider were two of my all time favorites. I, even remember all of the night time epic soap operas(i.e. Dynasty, Falcon Crest, Dallas), my Mother loved those shows and I, would watch them with her.

80's just had way cooler TV. Now I, couldn't even tell you what shows are on TV. The last TV show that I, really remember watching was Highlander back in the early 90's.

Hibs
Sat Jul 26th, 2014, 10:23 AM
The best part of this thread is that you're probably getting PMs from people and I'm sure it will be a blast, so long as the stars don't align and something bad happens. Enjoy the buzz and don't kill yourself.

And oh yeah.... Are you expecting a better top speed from this run than your last?

My previous best run was a few years ago, I had my drag race gearing, and with a GPS on board I went 183mph... swapped gearing, and then a couple weeks later went past a bike that went 187mph (GPS on his bike). I have swapped gearing again, and expect my current setup to take me around 195ish, but that's what I need to test out. I think I still need to go -1 in the rear to be over 200mph, but I want to test my current setup before I buy another sprocket.

j0ker
Sat Jul 26th, 2014, 10:27 AM
My previous best run was a few years ago, I had my drag race gearing, and with a GPS on board I went 183mph... swapped gearing, and then a couple weeks later went past a bike that went 187mph (GPS on his bike). I have swapped gearing again, and expect my current setup to take me around 195ish, but that's what I need to test out. I think I still need to go -1 in the rear to be over 200mph, but I want to test my current setup before I buy another sprocket.

I hit 198 on the ZX14 last summer. It felt pretty damn fast. I hate how everyone immediately jumped your shit about going fast when you KNOW almost everyone on here speeds on their bike. Your request does sound a little squiddy but hey, you know we ride em fast, quit talking shit guys.

#1Townie
Sat Jul 26th, 2014, 10:43 AM
I hit 198 on the ZX14 last summer. It felt pretty damn fast. I hate how everyone immediately jumped your shit about going fast when you KNOW almost everyone on here speeds on their bike. Your request does sound a little squiddy but hey, you know we ride em fast, quit talking shit guys.

Hey I'm a good boy. I have never done such squidly things.

Perfect little angel I tell ya.

Hibs
Sat Jul 26th, 2014, 10:43 AM

GPS or Speedo? Takes a few mods to push a ZX14 to that actual speed.

People may think it's "squidish" ... but I can assure you, I'm not just some squid. I've got a pile of over 200 timeslips from drag racing, most in the deep 9s. Previous best of 10.0 at Bandimere. I am getting into Land Speed Racing though, and want to do some testing with my setup before I go and spend $1,000+ to take my bike to a sanctioned land speed event where I might only get a few passes in my attempt to run 200mph.

Like you said, I'm willing to bet, everyone on here has taken broken the law on their motorcycle in one way or another. Even Mr big bad self righteous law enforcement guy. Some on the canyons, some on a back stretch open highway, some leaving a stoplight a little to fast. I'm not talking about doing 200mph blasts down I25. I'm talking empty highway, least busy time of day, with only a couple people making one or two passes. Hate all you want. It's not going to hurt my feelings nor discourage me.

j0ker
Sat Jul 26th, 2014, 12:02 PM

People may think it's "squidish" ... but I can assure you, I'm not just some squid. I've got a pile of over 200 timeslips from drag racing, most in the deep 9s. Previous best of 10.0 at Bandimere. I am getting into Land Speed Racing though, and want to do some testing with my setup before I go and spend $1,000+ to take my bike to a sanctioned land speed event where I might only get a few passes in my attempt to run 200mph.

Like you said, I'm willing to bet, everyone on here has taken broken the law on their motorcycle in one way or another. Even Mr big bad self righteous law enforcement guy. Some on the canyons, some on a back stretch open highway, some leaving a stoplight a little to fast. I'm not talking about doing 200mph blasts down I25. I'm talking empty highway, least busy time of day, with only a couple people making one or two passes. Hate all you want. It's not going to hurt my feelings nor discourage me.
That was with GPS. I have a few mods on my 14, but back in Kansas it was running 185 stock.

j0ker
Sat Jul 26th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Perfect little angel I tell ya.

Of this, I have my doubts.

Jmetz
Sat Jul 26th, 2014, 12:41 PM
I once went 77 in a 75. It was pretty sweet!

madvlad
Sat Jul 26th, 2014, 12:58 PM
:lol:

#1Townie
Sat Jul 26th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Of this, I have my doubts.

Nooooooooo. Yunobeliveme?

#1Townie
Sat Jul 26th, 2014, 05:16 PM
I once went 77 in a 75. It was pretty sweet!

Dude that's nothing compared to 17 in a school zone. Now that's a rush!

#1Townie
Sat Jul 26th, 2014, 05:21 PM

Okay no bullshit here bud. I have no issues with what you want to do. Those same roses I learned how to wheelie on. I'm not bashing ya. But Aaron is a good dude. I give h a ton of shit but he's actually chill. Just for what's it worth.

Its your bike and your life. Who cares how you choose to live/ride as long as you're happy and don't hurt anyone. I know those straights and you can see for miles out there.

Enjoy your run and be safe bro.

PS don't tell Aaron I said he's cool. Have to maintain a reputation here.

CLOWNIE FTMFW!!

The Black Knight
Sat Jul 26th, 2014, 05:49 PM
Dude that's nothing compared to 17 in a school zone. Now that's a rush!

I got that beat. I once went 10 under in a Construction zone with a flagman directing traffic and shooting a wave to the flagman as I go by. You haven't lived until you've proceeded with caution through an active construction zone. If that ain't living on the edge, I don't know what is.

BlueDog
Sat Jul 26th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Do you have someone run a couple miles ahead of you on the road and call back to you that it's all clear or how do you go about that? When I was coming back into Colorado earlier this month running in through Craig, there were those areas with miles of straights and no one to be seen but I just get paranoid that a cop could randomly be hiding somewhere out of sight. Then I get miles down the road without seeing anyone and think dang, could have had some fun the last few miles...

#1Townie
Sat Jul 26th, 2014, 06:26 PM
I got that beat. I once went 10 under in a Construction zone with a flagman directing traffic and shooting a wave to the flagman as I go by. You haven't lived until you've proceeded with caution through an active construction zone. If that ain't living on the edge, I don't know what is.

Bro you had me rolling with that one.

FZRguy
Sat Jul 26th, 2014, 08:44 PM
Hwy 13 that runs north of Craig to the WY border. I've been a wee bit over the limit with miles of line of sight, tailwind going north. Hwy 40 from Vernal, UT east to CO border is also good for xxx run. Really can't think of any metro area roads that I would feel comfortable with it tho.

BlueDog
Sat Jul 26th, 2014, 09:19 PM
Hwy 13 that runs north of Craig to the WY border. I've been a wee bit over the limit with miles of line of sight, tailwind going north. Hwy 40 from Vernal, UT east to CO border is also good for xxx run. Really can't think of any metro area roads that I would feel comfortable with it tho.

I topped the KLR650 out on 40 East. 93mph GPS indicated, NBD...

FZRguy
Sat Jul 26th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Hwy 86 east of Kiowa running to I-70 is pretty lonely and has at least one good stretch of flat road. Elbert Rd that runs from Hwy 24 to 86 has some areas for short runs but carries more traffic.

Hibs
Sat Aug 2nd, 2014, 12:44 AM
That was with GPS. I have a few mods on my 14, but back in Kansas it was running 185 stock.

Ya most new liter bikes should be able to hit the 186mph stock limiter given enough room.

You down to do some more runs like that?

#1Townie
Sat Aug 2nd, 2014, 03:20 PM
I'd recommend taking this conversation to pm if it goes further. Just to be discrete.

texlurch
Mon Aug 4th, 2014, 01:45 PM
It's hard to get the speed here at altitude.
My 02 we did a couple runs on a deserted road near Four Corners and got 176.4 gps on the limiter. Still close to 5000 ft altitude there.

For reference, mine has 30K miles, Hindle exhaust (not the step tube), BMC filters, PCIIIUSB, -1/+1 on a 190/50 tire.
I've seen 181 with the same gearing and a 190/55 tire.

One day I plan to set up my 2000 model for top end... just too many other projects right now.

Hibs
Mon Aug 4th, 2014, 02:33 PM
Lurch good to see ya post. What area you in? Did that map I send ya work out ok?

I plan to do some gps testing soon. I'll post up my results.

texlurch
Tue Aug 5th, 2014, 12:23 AM
Right now I am at work in Spain; live in Lake George
Your map was a bit off for my 02, but I haven't made time to try it on my 00. I have a datalogger on it anyhow.. again need to make time to play with it.

Hibs
Mon Sep 1st, 2014, 05:16 PM
It's hard to get the speed here at altitude.
My 02 we did a couple runs on a deserted road near Four Corners and got 176.4 gps on the limiter. Still close to 5000 ft altitude there.

For reference, mine has 30K miles, Hindle exhaust (not the step tube), BMC filters, PCIIIUSB, -1/+1 on a 190/50 tire.
I've seen 181 with the same gearing and a 190/55 tire.

One day I plan to set up my 2000 model for top end... just too many other projects right now.

Well Lurch you were right on.... She hit 184mph on the limiter in 5th, shift to 6th and it just sits there at 11k and won't pull any harder. I managed 185mph in 6th and that's it. Stock gearing. I need to get my sea level HP back (i.e. add nitrous), or maybe go +1 in the rear. 5800ft elevation at the spot I tested at.

Hibs
Mon Sep 1st, 2014, 05:19 PM
Right now I am at work in Spain; live in Lake George
Your map was a bit off for my 02, but I haven't made time to try it on my 00. I have a datalogger on it anyhow.. again need to make time to play with it.

I've been working on my map now that I'm back. I can share my latest edit if you want.

Aaron
Mon Sep 1st, 2014, 06:45 PM
I don't think sprockets will do anything for you. Isn't 11k right at peak power output?

Hibs
Mon Sep 1st, 2014, 07:03 PM
I don't think sprockets will do anything for you. Isn't 11k right at peak power output?

It was 11k indicated, which is like 10 something actual. They run best as high as you can take them, which is like 12,200 indicated (11,600 actual). My quickest ET and fastest MPH has always been running it basically to red line each gear. Common mod is extend the revs to 12,500 (actual) but then it's highly recommended you do heavy duty valve springs to prevent valve float at that high of RPM.

I'm going to remove the OEM mirrors and lower the bike, and try a different seat position. A LSR guru I know thinks that will be good for 4-5mph... we'll see....

Aaron
Mon Sep 1st, 2014, 07:27 PM
I'm not surprised that helps your 1/4mi trap and e/t, bease it lands you higher in the next gear, and you're making more power past redline than you are in the next gear. However in top speed, you want your top speed to be at your peak power rpm, otherwise you have slightly more in it.

GMR
Tue Sep 2nd, 2014, 02:18 AM
I hit 95 on my Ninja 250. It was up a slight incline and granted it was up at altitude, so not sure if I really had it topped or not...
:think:
:bigeyes:

honestly, that felt scarier than anything I've done on my R6. To top a 250, you have a lot of time to think how shitty it would be if something went wrong while it slowly gains another MPH. A standard sport bike hits 160-180 before you have time to think about it really

Hibs
Tue Feb 3rd, 2015, 10:12 AM
Bump?

So besides Aaron the cop, anyone have a legit bike that you want to test this year? I'm going for 190 on motor, then 195 atleast on spray.

Aaron
Tue Feb 3rd, 2015, 03:19 PM
I'd like to test mine, serious, but it'd have to be somewhere legal.

Ph03niX
Tue Feb 3rd, 2015, 09:27 PM
I did once. Then the civic that started walking me past 140, blew his engine right in front of me.

I'm good.

The Black Knight
Tue Feb 3rd, 2015, 09:40 PM
I did once. Then the civic that started walking me past 140, blew his engine right in front of me.

I'm good.

You had a Civic start walking past you at 140mph?? Was this on your 750? If so, just sell your bike now.

Hibs
Tue Feb 3rd, 2015, 10:59 PM
I'd like to test mine, serious, but it'd have to be somewhere legal.

I am seriously planning a trip to Wilmington Ohio this year to run their 1 mile. They are having a bike shootout towards the end of September, which is the one I'm probably going to try and make. If interested, I have a SUV that could pull a trailer with two bikes in it. Just need to borrow/rent a trailer (or I might have bought one by then). I was going to post once it got a little closer, but I'm willing to invite someone along if you want to split gas 50/50.

Drano
Tue Feb 3rd, 2015, 11:04 PM
There's also the Mojave Mile in CA on April 11-12.
http://www.mojavemile.com/index.php

Hibs
Tue Feb 3rd, 2015, 11:27 PM
Ya, for nice pavement races, there is:

Wilmington Ohio that does 1 mile
Loring Maine that does 1mile and 1.5 mile
Mojave California that does 1 mile and 1.5 mile
Beeville Texas that does 1 mile

The Texas Mile (Beeville) only has one event scheduled for this year so far, and they have admitted they are searching to find a new track insurer. I think they are having some difficulties in that.

The Mojave Mile has their spring event scheduled but they admit the chances of another event in the year is not likely. Also, their track is at like 2500ft IIRC, so you'll be disadvantaged some if you are chasing a certain speed goal.

Loring has multiple races this year, and often produce some of the fastest times in land speed racing do to their awesome air density in the fall (and now with a spring race this year). The only problem with that location is it's 31 hours one way from Colorado Springs.

Wilmington Ohio also does numerous races, it's ran by the East Coast Timing Association which ran the now defunct Maxton Mile, so they have years of experience in doing these races. The race they are doing in September with the Bike Shootout is a seperate, fun class made for street legal bikes. You can chase a standing record and at the same time try to win your class of bikes that showed up that weekend battling it out for the recognition (and trophy) of being the class winner that year. Plus, Wilmington is only 17hours from CO Springs.

bulldog
Wed Feb 4th, 2015, 08:18 AM
You had a Civic start walking past you at 140mph?? Was this on your 750? If so, just sell your bike now.

:D Civics are the original rice tuners and get up into the 500HP range in those little cars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYytlxCQmOA

Aaron
Wed Feb 4th, 2015, 11:51 AM
Plus car's are vastly superior in aerodynamics. The 750 is probably just about done come 165, and my Jeep will do that on the top end. Up to 130 though, my Jeep wouldn't stand a chance, the bike would walk me like I'm standing still.

bulldog
Wed Feb 4th, 2015, 12:00 PM
Plus car's are vastly superior in aerodynamics. The 750 is probably just about done come 165, and my Jeep will do that on the top end. Up to 130 though, my Jeep wouldn't stand a chance, the bike would walk me like I'm standing still. Yeah a car can normally have a higher top end than most sportbikes. I agree and has lot to do with aerodynamics; going 120 in a car seems like going 90, but in a bike 120mph you better be tucked in and under your windshield as the bike gets squirrly if you sit up at those speeds

I actually learned this the hard way that any car can be fast. I was in a modded Eclipse (not too fast) but this Civic that looked all ghetto pulled up to me and was wanting to race. We both took off and I killed him for a minute, but all of a sudden his turbo kicked in and he flew by me like a sportbike would. Come to find out Civics are known to be modded with huge turbos so the lag sucks, but when it kicks in it is like they have NOS. I'll never underestimate a Honda Civic again. Basically any car can be modded to be super fast as my buddy had a VW bug with a Porsche turbo engine and we would go around challenging Mustangs and Camaros and beat them....thing would wheelie when it took off.

Like this one; pause at about 0:18 and you can see the massive turbo in this tiny car https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc_DIuk_-2c

Hibs
Wed Apr 29th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Weather is getting nice. Who wants to play?

ColoradoGK
Thu Apr 30th, 2015, 04:26 AM
Weather is getting nice. Who wants to play?

I get back to the states in 33 days, I'm going to ride every day, hit me up

Hibs
Thu Apr 30th, 2015, 09:26 PM
I get back to the states in 33 days, I'm going to ride every day, hit me up

Sounds perfect. What do you ride? Hope your freedom bird ride is smooth.

Ph03niX
Thu Apr 30th, 2015, 10:32 PM

It was like a 2400lb car with 20 something pounds of boost. He got to 180 and it blew. Even a fast bike cant beat some built cars :P

Husky
Fri May 1st, 2015, 08:23 PM
Hey Hibbs, I've always wanted to try the top speed run. Sorry not much for doing it on the street. Went down just getting hit at 50 mph and that was enough. But the Texas mile sounds like a good one to try and at the Salt Flats have a event in late summer/early fall called the Bubs High speed runs. Might me fun to get a few people to maybe go there and see what we can do. I know I'm not going to break any records but would be cool just to have a official legit 180 mph or so time slip.

Drano
Fri May 1st, 2015, 09:36 PM
Husky, my brother in Utah is friends with and has been working with Scott Horner (Heads Up Racing) for a couple years on his Busa for drag setups and occasional top speed runs. AFAIK he (Scott) does pretty much every top speed event he can get to, I'm sure my brother would be happy to introduce you to him if you'd like.

This is an old article about him: http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/287/8531/Motorcycle-Article/Salt-Addiction--Scott-Horner.aspx

Husky
Fri May 1st, 2015, 09:44 PM
Husky, my brother in Utah is friends with and has been working with Scott Horner (Heads Up Racing) for a couple years on his Busa for drag setups and occasional top speed runs. AFAIK he (Scott) does pretty much every top speed event he can get to, I'm sure my brother would be happy to introduce you to him if you'd like.

This is an old article about him: http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/287/8531/Motorcycle-Article/Salt-Addiction--Scott-Horner.aspx

That would be great

Hibs
Fri May 1st, 2015, 11:11 PM
Hey Hibbs, I've always wanted to try the top speed run. Sorry not much for doing it on the street. Went down just getting hit at 50 mph and that was enough. But the Texas mile sounds like a good one to try and at the Salt Flats have a event in late summer/early fall called the Bubs High speed runs. Might me fun to get a few people to maybe go there and see what we can do. I know I'm not going to break any records but would be cool just to have a official legit 180 mph or so time slip.

If a few of us went together, split gas, hotel, etc it would be real cool!!

Husky
Sat May 2nd, 2015, 08:09 AM

Man those are some awesome accomplishments. Great article!

lth
Sat May 2nd, 2015, 05:23 PM
I'm curious: how much straightaway is needed to hit top speed? I saw that Marquez set the fastest ever MotoGP speed earlier this year (almost 218 mph) on the 1 km straight in Qatar. That's only a little over 0.6 mi, and he had to do some massive braking well before the end of it.

FZRguy
Sat May 2nd, 2015, 10:14 PM
I'd want at least a couple miles, five sounds better.

Drano
Sat May 2nd, 2015, 10:31 PM
It seems like most of the top speed events are set around the mile marker, the salt flats is a lot longer however. Top speed really depends on a lot of factors, and breaking past 200 MPH is considered quite a challenge for various reasons. That said, the results from the last Texas Mile have a Hayabusa hitting 247.8 MPH, and we're talking about heavily-tuned bikes pushing tons of HP. I don't know exact numbers, but I've seen some turbo Hayabusas pushing 450+ HP and that's probably not even close to what some of these guys make. There are definitely guys who know way more than me about this stuff, but the way it has been described to me is that every MPH above 200 requires an exponential increase in power.

In contrast, a MotoGP bike makes around 250-260 HP, has some of the smallest/lightest riders, and certainly the lightest bikes possible. Also, they probably aren't geared to go much faster than the top speed they can reach before hitting their braking point as it wouldn't benefit them to gear taller and risk losing out on acceleration against their rivals. It's a differently measured game for the circuit rider versus the dragster.

texlurch
Tue May 12th, 2015, 07:12 PM
Yo Hibs... yes, I would like your map to try.. I have a two bike trailer you are welcome to borrow as well.
I just installed a PCV5 and autotune on my 02 and it works real well....

Ph03niX
Tue May 12th, 2015, 08:10 PM
I wonder what standing up to "air brake" while going 200mph feels like.. lol

texlurch
Tue May 12th, 2015, 08:40 PM
I wonder what standing up to "air brake" while going 200mph feels like.. lol

Even at 150 you don't want to stick your head up...

Aaron
Tue May 12th, 2015, 10:18 PM
I do it from 165 at PMP, but I make sure I've got a lot of strength pushing my head and torso forward, and I'm prepared for it.

texlurch
Tue May 12th, 2015, 10:23 PM
Yeah, if you are prepared and braking hard anyhow, it's a different matter

Ph03niX
Tue May 12th, 2015, 11:25 PM
I'd hope to God you don't stand up for some unknown reason oblivious to what you are doing :lol:

Drano
Wed May 13th, 2015, 07:03 AM
Husky, I've got a PM incoming with my brother's phone number. Hit him up with a text. I'll remind him that I sent you his way. He'll take care of the rest. :)

Hibs
Mon May 25th, 2015, 06:33 PM
As some of you are winding up to go break the law through the Canyons on June 7th, is anyone else interested in coming out and doing some runs??

I recently had a few takers. A 2006 GSX-R 1000 showed up. All your basic mods (exhaust, filters, power commander). He ended up losing by a few bus lengths in a 1 mile race, and maybe 2 bike lengths in a half mile race versus my 12R.

Next up was a Gen 4 ZX-10R. Uncorked (exhaust, filters, ECU reflash) and an experienced lightweight jockey. He beat my 12R by 4-5 bike lengths in a mile race.

Last was a Gen 1 ZX-10R. Same story (exhaust, filters, pc) he lost by maybe 5-6 bike lengths in the mile.

Was a good time all around. I went -1 on my front sprocket, ended up hitting 183mph. Also made the transition over to E85. I'm going to put my OEM sprocket back on the front and see if I can best my prior best of 185mph at my spot. The Gen 4 ZX10R went 179mph, he is geared -1 front sprocket but also has extended rev limiter. Though his top speed was less then mine, in a mile race he still had stronger acceleration which put him out front of me.

Hope everyone had a safe weekend! :harrrrr:

GMR
Mon May 25th, 2015, 07:33 PM
Glad to see this thread back. I'm guessing you scope the run before you go for it (road kill, rocks, cops...)? I'd really love to do one of these long drag strips, I have a F150 with a 6.5' bed so could fit at least 2 bikes in the bed and another on a hitch but I work in the oil field and having to plan for stuff is near impossible.

Of all the fast shit I've driven, the Acura still holds the record and I kinda like it that way :-) definitely not the fastest, but when the time is right-it's right

Ph03niX
Mon May 25th, 2015, 07:53 PM
What kind of Acura?

Hibs
Mon May 25th, 2015, 10:32 PM
Glad to see this thread back. I'm guessing you scope the run before you go for it (road kill, rocks, cops...)? I'd really love to do one of these long drag strips, I have a F150 with a 6.5' bed so could fit at least 2 bikes in the bed and another on a hitch but I work in the oil field and having to plan for stuff is near impossible.

Of all the fast shit I've driven, the Acura still holds the record and I kinda like it that way :-) definitely not the fastest, but when the time is right-it's right

Yes, scout run first, then come back and wait for clear conditions. The spot I have, you can see about 2.5 miles out. Also pretty remote and very very little traffic. So if ever any oncoming traffic, we don't run or we abort the run. Even doing a 1 mile blast, still plenty of time to shut down before being near any other vehicle. Yes, some say I'm crazy, but I mitigate my risks as much as possible. I honesty think what I do is safer then most canyon jockeys around here.

Hibs
Mon May 25th, 2015, 10:33 PM
I'd post vids, but I'm afraid an administrator would give my IP to the cop in this thread, ROFL

Drano
Mon May 25th, 2015, 11:55 PM
I'd post vids, but I'm afraid an administrator would give my IP to the cop in this thread, ROFL

I wouldn't worry about it, he's cool.

GMR
Wed May 27th, 2015, 03:22 PM
What kind of Acura?

TSX

Generic
Thu May 28th, 2015, 08:54 AM
This will be of interest to you all:

https://www.usmileracing.com/the-colorado-mile/

Hibs
Thu May 28th, 2015, 10:08 AM
This will be of interest to you all:

https://www.usmileracing.com/the-colorado-mile/

Ya I posted that to the Facebook page. It's nothing I can't do for free at my spot, but I more then likely plan on going just so I can compare with the other vehicles that day, as well as support the land speed racing sport in general. Speeds will still suck because we're a mile high, but should be fun!

Hibs
Mon Aug 31st, 2015, 12:16 AM
An unexpected 5 week business trip is keeping me from being able to make the Colorado Mile. No worries, I can do the same thing at my street spot. And save $500 to boot.

Anyone else interested in seeing what their bike can do before the year is up?

Hibs
Sun Feb 14th, 2016, 10:57 AM
Added a new nitrous kit over the winter. Hoping for 205mph here at elevation. 210mph+ at sea level. Who wants to play?

Aaron
Sun Feb 14th, 2016, 12:52 PM
Aww, he has to add nitrous to try and compete with what most superbikes do stock. So cute.

Hibs
Sun Feb 14th, 2016, 02:36 PM
Aww, he has to add nitrous to try and compete with what most superbikes do stock. So cute.

For being a cop, you're not very smart. There is not a single "superbike" that will run 205mph at 5800ft, or 210mph+ at sea level, stock.

Let's forget about the fact that all new bikes are limited to 186mph, once we bypass that it's game on. And let's take out elevation and pretend we're at sea level. Even then, you're stock Hayabusa/ZX-14R/BMW S1000RR/etc doesn't even break 200mph in a standing mile. Most are in 180s/190s. Takes some mods to surpass that 200mph number. And that's at sea level. Just ask Mike Easterly how much nitrous it took him on his decked out ZX-14R last year.... pretty sure his bike has full exhaust, air filters, power commander, Quik Cycles dyno tune, lowered, etc... and he had to spray a bunch just to hit 200.xx at the Colorado Mile. But ya, I'm sure you on your "stock superbike" is just as fast.... ROFL....

I think you have a lot to learn about land speed racing.

Aaron
Sun Feb 14th, 2016, 02:53 PM
Who said I'm a cop?

#1Townie
Sun Feb 14th, 2016, 09:01 PM
https://youtu.be/mxoVMuWkluA

j0ker
Mon Feb 15th, 2016, 10:01 AM
https://youtu.be/mxoVMuWkluA
LOL....wow I forgot about that movie. Good one.

~Barn~
Mon Feb 15th, 2016, 10:09 AM
For being a cop, you're not very smart. <Snip...>

:lol: Because if there's one thing I think of, when I think of cops, it's how smart they are.

bulldog
Mon Feb 15th, 2016, 10:35 AM
:lol: Because if there's one thing I think of, when I think of cops, it's how smart they are.
:spit: Yeah all the “Valedictorians” at my school went on to become cops….yeah right. :lol:

Just thinking ANY stock sportbike could beat an actual drag bike is hilarious.

P.S. And not trying to bag on good cops, but granted the average police officers annual salary is only about $53K and that involves risking your life. Yet saying that, it is like teachers and most go into it for the satisfaction….but I am not so sure it is the “smartest” decision granted that most other jobs that pay higher have a way less risk of getting killed. Of course I respect the people who do it (like teachers), but I know it is why I never thought about going into that field.

Crazy-Ivan
Tue Feb 16th, 2016, 10:16 AM
Christ, I only have an R6 so I don't think I could keep up with you at all! But I definitely would like to see that ZX14 run!