PDA

View Full Version : Garbage disposal replacement

Ezzzzy1
Sun Jul 27th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Ive done pretty much everything to my house by myself, but.... Ive never replaced a disposal. I watched a video and it was as simple looking as I thought it would be but my question is are the disposals the same? Im looking at a 3/4hp, the old one is only 1/2. Will I have to change anything or will the new one just bolt up?

This is the new one. Open to whatever but this seems like it has good reviews and I can overnight it for $4 APFTMFW! :lol:
http://www.amazon.com/Waste-King-L-3300-Continuous-Operation/dp/B0014X7B5E/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Any direction would be appreciated.

gator4life108
Sun Jul 27th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Replacing the disposal is pretty easy especially if you are not replacing the flange attached to the sink. Hook up the wiring and unlock the lock ring, then lock in the new one. Most flanges on the sink should be the same size, but I would stick with the same brand to make sure the flange attached to the sink matches the one on the new disposal.

Redoing the whole sink is not hard, you'll just need plumbers putty when setting in the new seal and flange.

bulldog
Mon Jul 28th, 2014, 07:40 AM
I've done it a couple times and not that hard at all. I upgraded to a larger one last time and just bolted right up. As Gator said just remember to use plumbers putty around the part that goes on the sink.

Costco used to sell a really good one at a great price...maybe check them

P.S. Your first line is a bit confusing...think you may have put "dishwasher" in error...unless you wash your dishes by shredding them :lol:

birchyboy
Mon Jul 28th, 2014, 08:51 AM
It's super easy if they have the same attaching ring. We upgraded and went with an Insinkerator Evolution model. Super quiet.

Ezzzzy1
Mon Jul 28th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Thanks guys...

Dishwasher :lol:

New ones on the way!

Skitz
Mon Jul 28th, 2014, 05:02 PM
I can give you the number to my ex girlfriend....

kevplus2
Tue Jul 29th, 2014, 09:35 PM
If you will be hooking your dishwasher into it, be sure to remove the plug on the inlet. It is easy to miss and if you forget your dishwasher won't be able to drain

Ezzzzy1
Tue Jul 29th, 2014, 10:00 PM
I can give you the number to my ex girlfriend....

HAHA! Yes! My ex`s name is the cum dumpster... Fits her well

Ezzzzy1
Tue Jul 29th, 2014, 10:01 PM
If you will be hooking your dishwasher into it, be sure to remove the plug on the inlet. It is easy to miss and if you forget your dishwasher won't be able to drain

:headbang: