PDA

View Full Version : Morning ride, Saturday or Sunday 8/1 - 8/2?

IT WASN'T ME!
Thu Jul 31st, 2014, 06:15 PM
I'm riding in the morning on Sat or Sun and I wouldn't mind some company, anyone planing to ride? I will be coming up from the springs, through Deckers. I like enough pace to keep it interesting. It looks like the weather will be good both days.

madvlad
Thu Jul 31st, 2014, 07:40 PM
Wish I had a ride but perhaps soon hahaha, Deckers was a blast this past Sunday before the BBQ. Have fun ladies and gents

Hi11Zone
Thu Jul 31st, 2014, 08:21 PM
i MAY JOIN YOU, WE MEETING OFF HIGHWAY 24?

IT WASN'T ME!
Fri Aug 1st, 2014, 01:54 PM
We could meet at the Shell station at 24 and 8th. It looks like it will be Sunday, something came up for Saturday. Will that work for you?

IT WASN'T ME!
Fri Aug 1st, 2014, 01:57 PM
If anyone is interested, I will be headed to MOCO to fill up if anyone wants to meet there a little later.

Hi11Zone
Fri Aug 1st, 2014, 02:14 PM
sure ill go sunday, what time at shell station of 24th and 8th street?

Hi11Zone
Fri Aug 1st, 2014, 02:52 PM
does anyone want to go saturday?

IT WASN'T ME!
Fri Aug 1st, 2014, 07:50 PM
I would like to meet early, about 6:30.

Hi11Zone
Fri Aug 1st, 2014, 09:49 PM
630 am for sunday? that is early i wonder if itl be cold for tires that point?

Redline
Sat Aug 2nd, 2014, 08:18 AM
Who is at moco this morning? Gsxr and two other bikes. Orange one and dunno the other...

IT WASN'T ME!
Sat Aug 2nd, 2014, 11:07 AM
No cold tires will not be a problem, but if you would like to meet a little later that's Okay. What did you have in mind?

Hi11Zone
Sat Aug 2nd, 2014, 12:55 PM
730-8?

IT WASN'T ME!
Sat Aug 2nd, 2014, 01:39 PM
Okay KSU AT 7:30.

Tiutis
Sat Aug 2nd, 2014, 03:51 PM
What time do you plan being at deckers?

Clovis
Sat Aug 2nd, 2014, 04:02 PM
So shell at 8 and 24 at 730? I may join you. On a fjr or fz1

Hi11Zone
Sat Aug 2nd, 2014, 05:14 PM
NIce clovis, its been a long time. My guess depends how Long they want to be out. I Usually like to take a few trips up and down horsepower hill like the old days. How late you staying out clovis?

IT WASN'T ME!
Sat Aug 2nd, 2014, 06:08 PM
What time do you plan being at deckers?
About 8:30-8:45. Do you want me to stop there?

Hi11Zone
Sat Aug 2nd, 2014, 06:10 PM
Me and clovis will go through horsepower hill. But If you guys need to stop you can.

IT WASN'T ME!
Sat Aug 2nd, 2014, 06:11 PM
So shell at 8 and 24 at 730? I may join you. On a fjr or fz1
I hope you do. I'll keep an eye out for you.

Tiutis
Sat Aug 2nd, 2014, 06:11 PM
I plan on being there around that time getting coffee. Stop by if you are not in a rush. I'm coming from denver. Silver vfr.

Hi11Zone
Sat Aug 2nd, 2014, 06:13 PM
I plan on being there around that time getting coffee. Stop by if you are not in a rush. I'm coming from denver. Silver vfr.
Ah i thought u were coming with ok that makes sense. Ya will stop by. What will you be riddin?

Tiutis
Sat Aug 2nd, 2014, 06:43 PM
Silver vfr

Hi11Zone
Sat Aug 2nd, 2014, 09:10 PM
See you guys there, You can't miss me, Trust me :P

Hi11Zone
Sun Aug 3rd, 2014, 06:36 AM
im runnin a little late,hows everyone else?

IT WASN'T ME!
Sun Aug 3rd, 2014, 07:22 AM
I'm here, it's 7:20.

Tiutis
Sun Aug 3rd, 2014, 02:19 PM
Who knows the OP's last name? PM me.
He was badly hurt today and taken to Swedish. Swedish confirmed of somebody being airlifted today but they would not confirm or say anything without the last name.

AOK303
Sun Aug 3rd, 2014, 02:37 PM
what do you mean Op'S
what bike was he on

Clovis
Sun Aug 3rd, 2014, 03:11 PM
Silver BMW K1200S.

I don't know Jim's last name but the deputy said they put a chest tube in him but he would be all right.

We were on Pleasant Park Rd a few miles from 285 heading to Evergreen. Jim was in front of me and we were riding at a fun pace but not pushing it. I was really surprised he went down. I think he saw some sand in the roadway at the intersection of Pleasent Park and Broken Arrow Drive and became target fixated trying to avoid it. The corner itself was pretty wide and sweeping but it was one of those up hill then immediate left-hander.

He hit the brakes hard and was doing all right until he left the pavement and into a gravel shoulder pull off area where he ran into two small pine trees and struck them with his bike and halmet at a glancing blow.

He fell off the bike 10-15 feet later and the bike came to a stop right next to him. I parked the bike and went over to help him but he was unconscious. I saw that I had no cell service and asked Titus to head back down to 285 and call 911. Luckily a passer buy (with Verizon) had service and was able to call. She lived right off Broken Arrow Drive. Jim was out for probably a minute or so before coming around.

He complained of a hurt shoulder, arm and leg and was conscience.

Quick recovery wishes to Jim!

Hi11Zone
Sun Aug 3rd, 2014, 03:15 PM
Yes the ride was a blast, till the accident. Ya that sweeper with all that dirt could be scary for anyone , no matter how experienced you are :(
Was awsome to meet you all.

Quick Recovery Jim. If you need anything let us know.

Tiutis
Sun Aug 3rd, 2014, 03:24 PM
op - original poster. Jim "it wasn't me" .

Native
Sun Aug 3rd, 2014, 03:24 PM
Quick Recovery to Jim, he once passed our group on a Harley

cnewman777
Sun Aug 3rd, 2014, 05:57 PM
hey guys... thanks for the ride today, even with dealing with the accident, I really enjoyed it. First time on those roads past decker. Colorado is such a beautiful state. I am very sorry about Jim, I hope he is doing better and do wish him a speedy recovery. Again thanks everyone. I rode the yellow gsxr.

Tiutis
Sun Aug 3rd, 2014, 06:28 PM
hey guys... thanks for the ride today, even with dealing with the accident, I really enjoyed it. First time on those roads past decker. Colorado is such a beautiful state. I am very sorry about Jim, I hope he is doing better and do wish him a speedy recovery. Again thanks everyone. I rode the yellow gsxr.

Nice riding with you as well! Nice bike!
Pleasant Park Rd is pretty technical with hills and sharp turns but it's fun nonetheless if it wasn't so popular with the cyclists.

I too wish Jim fast recovery. I wish I had gotten his last name from and an ID (didn't think about that), would love to stop by and see him as he spends some time in the hospital.

Gramps
Mon Aug 4th, 2014, 06:26 AM
Who is at moco this morning? Gsxr and two other bikes. Orange one and dunno the other...

That was me and a couple of friends.

Slo
Mon Aug 4th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Damn Jim, hoping for a speedy recovery for you....

IT WASN'T ME!
Mon Aug 4th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Hi guys, this is Jim. I'm still in ICU at Swedish, I pretty beat up, but I'm going to be OK. I have a punctured lung, a bunch of broken ribs, a broken forearm, broken shoulder blade, a broken collar bone, a dislocated hip, a fractured process on a neck vertebrae, and a sprained ankle. Other than that, I'm fine. Once they got the hip back in place and an epidural for the ribs and shoulder, I've been doing well. I'm hoping to get moved out of ICU today. I don't remember the crash, so I don't know what happened. Thank you for your help in my time of need and thank you for your kind words in your posts. I will keep you updated on my progress.

Slo
Mon Aug 4th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Damn man.... let us know if you need something we can help out with.

#1Townie
Mon Aug 4th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Hi guys, this is Jim. I'm still in ICU at Swedish, I pretty beat up, but I'm going to be OK. I have a punctured lung, a bunch of broken ribs, a broken forearm, broken shoulder blade, a broken collar bone, a dislocated hip, a fractured process on a neck vertebrae, and a sprained ankle. Other than that, I'm fine. Once they got the hip back in place and an epidural for the ribs and shoulder, I've been doing well. I'm hoping to get moved out of ICU today. I don't remember the crash, so I don't know what happened. Thank you for your help in my time of need and thank you for your kind words in your posts. I will keep you updated on my progress.

Good god man. Well if you can't remember it hopefully you don't remember much pain either.

Here's to a full speedy recovery.

rush4theyeho
Mon Aug 4th, 2014, 01:44 PM

I know Swedish hospital is a ways from the springs. If you need anything, post up and I'll be happy to help since I'm about 5 miles away!

Tiutis
Mon Aug 4th, 2014, 06:20 PM

Glad to see you despite a bunch broken body parts. It's good to hear you're getting better. Let me know if you need anything!!
Al

BikesRider777
Mon Aug 4th, 2014, 07:28 PM
Jim - sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you seem to be doing better. Best wishes for a full recovery.

Just curious, as I like to learn wherever possible, were you wearing impact protection at all? What about chest protection? I know you said you don't remember the accident, but do you have any thoughts on lessons to be learned from your accident?

Hope you get lots of strong pain meds! And if you do...start eating massive amounts of fiber now. trust me.

Clovis
Tue Aug 5th, 2014, 12:18 PM
No chest protector, just a small foam inserts that are in most motorcycle jackets.

This is the second accident I've witnessed in just two months where a chest protector probably would have help reduce or prevent chest trauma... might want to consider getting one.

Jim: Glad you're OK, sorry you had to go through this.

I don't know how much you remember but for what it's worth you seemed to be riding very well all day up until that point. I was really surprised to see you go down on that corner and even more surprised to see you unconscious.

I found your wallet, keys and cell phone in your pants pocket. I gave them to the Trooper on scene and I think the tow truck driver took your helmet, pants and what was left of the jacket (they cut it off of you).

I trust he got them back to you and hopefully didn't cite you for the accident. The trooper was pretty friendly.

Drano
Tue Aug 5th, 2014, 05:32 PM
I agree about the chest protection. Taking a spill where you egg-beater can inflict a lot of internal damage, and you will hurt for a long time afterwards. Sorry to hear about all these recent crashes this season, but wishing each of you a speedy recovery. Stay safe out there.

Hi11Zone
Wed Aug 6th, 2014, 03:17 AM
Glad you alive Jim. Keep us posted! I could never imagine that you would be that damaged after seeing the accident. You must of really hit those trees hard :(

Slo
Wed Aug 6th, 2014, 10:09 AM
I usually in the past have thought I was geared up enough..... This thread is making me think twice, will be placing my order for a Forcefield chest and back protector instead of wearing the usual back protector in the streets/canyons.

Jim, hope you are doing alright and continue on your recovery.