PDA

View Full Version : Scan Gauge

Rabbie303
Thu Aug 7th, 2014, 02:34 PM
I'm not sure if anyone has anything like this, but I'm testing a few things on my truck and wanted to see if someone has a ScanGaugeE or something similar to monitor real time MPG's and it plugs into your ODBII port.

This is the product http://www.amazon.com/ScanGaugeE-Multifunction-Computer-Customizable-Real-Time/dp/B004SK5I46/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407442063&sr=8-1&keywords=scangauge+e

If anyone has something like it, would you be willing to let me borrow it? Thanks in advance.

bulldog
Thu Aug 7th, 2014, 02:42 PM
For $25 you can get one that is awesome

This tool http://www.amazon.com/KingMansion-Wireless-Diagnostic-Scanner-iPhone4S/dp/B00DYOVXZ0/ref=sr_1_3?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1407443898&sr=1-3&keywords=obdii+wifi

This software: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/obd-fusion/id650684932?mt=8

I keep it plugged in at all times and use it for a turbo boost gauge my car didn't have. So many option from MPG, temps, rpm, etc...has to be a list of 50+ to choose from. All customizable too

Rabbie303
Thu Aug 7th, 2014, 02:49 PM
wow thats awesome!!! thanks man. This seems much better to have than the other one.

birchyboy
Thu Aug 7th, 2014, 02:49 PM
I've got the ScanGauge II and love it. I've also got a BT adapter that works with TorquePro if you have an Android. You can borrow the SG if you want to come to Aurora, or you can borrow the BT adapter if I can find it....

UHATEIT
Thu Aug 7th, 2014, 03:05 PM
That scanguage looks great, $95 tho for it. Good because it comes with a screen.

What do you do with the $16 one you have bulldog. Is there a screen for the readouts? I must be missing it since i don't have an iphone but I assume it bluetooths to your cell phone app with that software. By chance does it readout range on the gas tank?

Back when I was into horsepower and car customizing i had this thing called an MSD Dashhawk which was popular for people with my car on the forum i was on. I had one but when I sold the car I sold the unit. It allowed you to have up to 8 things on the screen at one time and would readout boost/mpg/etc.

My wife really wants one of these units for her car as it does not have any readouts a all, whereas the next years model of her car came with the readouts for average MPG and range on the tank and boost, and she would like to see those things.

bulldog
Thu Aug 7th, 2014, 03:14 PM
wow thats awesome!!! thanks man. This seems much better to have than the other one. I love the tool. This use to cost over $500 for this type of software a few years back, but with all the apps out now it became super cheap.

P.S. They also make that OBDII in bluetooth; I choose Wifi because my car uses bluetooth for my phone calls. I even always leave the OBDII plugged in as it draws little power even when car is off

That scanguage looks great, $95 tho for it. Good because it comes with a screen.

What do you do with the $16 one you have bulldog. Is there a screen for the readouts? I must be missing it since i don't have an iphone but I assume it bluetooths to your cell phone app with that software. By chance does it readout range on the gas tank?

Back when I was into horsepower and car customizing i had this thing called an MSD Dashhawk which was popular for people with my car on the forum i was on. I had one but when I sold the car I sold the unit. It allowed you to have up to 8 things on the screen at one time and would readout boost/mpg/etc.

My wife really wants one of these units for her car as it does not have any readouts a all, whereas the next years model of her car came with the readouts for average MPG and range on the tank and boost, and she would like to see those things. Yeah it goes wirelessly to the Iphone, but I beleive they have the same software for Android too.

Yeah this one does like 8 plus readouts at a time, but is totally customizable to allow which ones you want, size you want, and even display how you like. It will even map your ride so you can see how the car performed. Also clears all codes and diagnisises them like most OBDII; all from phone

I'll have to check on gas tank level as never checked that, but the list of what it does is huge. I've even tested the boost gauge against the factory Subaru one and is right on. Even MPH is spot on; I use that because my gauge goes in clicks of 20mph and much easier to see my speed as a digital readout.

UHATEIT
Thu Aug 7th, 2014, 03:30 PM
That sounds good. That is how the MSD Dashhawk was years ago back in 2008 and that cost me $200. It's amazing what you can get now for so cheap. And just use your own screen for bluetoothing to it. I did check amazon and there is an android one that will work with bluetooth for like $8 as well with free shipping.

My wife's car is a Mazda CX-7 which has the mazdaspeed turbo motor in it. In 2010 they added a digital boost guage (just showed little bars) and a has screen that said the MPG at the time, average MPG, and range on the tank til empty (in miles) She wishes she had that but it was on the 1 year newer model. The car gets terrible MPG and always seems to be in boost so I want to see what its reading for her.

bulldog
Thu Aug 7th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Found this, it may be it:

Fuel Level Input – indicates the nominal fuel tank liquid fill capacity as a percent of maximum.

Like I said the list is huge of what it does....wish I could find a list to post

milehizx6r
Thu Aug 7th, 2014, 09:07 PM
That sounds good. That is how the MSD Dashhawk was years ago back in 2008 and that cost me $200. It's amazing what you can get now for so cheap. And just use your own screen for bluetoothing to it. I did check amazon and there is an android one that will work with bluetooth for like $8 as well with free shipping.

My wife's car is a Mazda CX-7 which has the mazdaspeed turbo motor in it. In 2010 they added a digital boost guage (just showed little bars) and a has screen that said the MPG at the time, average MPG, and range on the tank til empty (in miles) She wishes she had that but it was on the 1 year newer model. The car gets terrible MPG and always seems to be in boost so I want to see what its reading for her.

Possibly the reason her CX7 gets bad mileage and always in boost is because she has a heavy right foot. She likes to spool the turbo.

UHATEIT
Thu Aug 7th, 2014, 09:16 PM
I did install n upgraded top mount intercooler, boost tubes, an hks bypass valve, inlet pipe, and an his intake on it. They all transitioned from my old Mazdaspeed when I sold it. Perhaps it just sounds like its in boost but I don't know since I don't have the gauge

Wrider
Fri Aug 8th, 2014, 12:32 AM
If you want, I have one that doesn't work well with my car that I'll sell ya for $50. My OBDII port is loose or something so it doesn't always power on the Scangauge. Had it in my Dakota and my Tundra though and loved it.

Rabbie303
Fri Aug 8th, 2014, 03:57 PM
If you want, I have one that doesn't work well with my car that I'll sell ya for $50. My OBDII port is loose or something so it doesn't always power on the Scangauge. Had it in my Dakota and my Tundra though and loved it.

Awesome, thanks for the offer. Let me see the next time I could be down south and let you know.

Wrider
Sat Aug 9th, 2014, 01:31 AM
Sounds good. If I head up anytime soon I'll let you know beforehand. I'll definitely be up sometime before the end of the year. I have a leftover deer tag for unit 91 to fill!