PDA

View Full Version : PMP Sunday 8/24/2014

The Black Knight
Fri Aug 22nd, 2014, 10:42 PM
Anyone going? Last I looked it's bike only open lapping. I'll be heading down for the morning session.

Aaron
Sat Aug 23rd, 2014, 11:46 PM
Too hot for this cracker.

The Black Knight
Sun Aug 24th, 2014, 06:52 AM
It's going to be in the 80's. That's no where near hot. That's just about right for a track day.

Aaron
Sun Aug 24th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Ya that actually isn't too bad. Ah well too late now.

The Black Knight
Sun Aug 24th, 2014, 03:54 PM
So what's the deal here. No one likes going to Pueblo Motorsports Park anymore?? I had the entire track to myself this morning. Knocked out five sessions and had a blast. Honestly, I'm kinda enjoying having the track to myself, never mind everyone you can stay home :D

mdub
Sun Aug 24th, 2014, 04:03 PM
You are very fortunate to have the track all to urself soul brotha

The Black Knight
Sun Aug 24th, 2014, 04:14 PM
You are very fortunate to have the track all to urself soul brotha

Dude it's been that way for every track day I've done this year. My first one back in June was a Car/Bike Open Lapping day, with me and my friend and no other bikes. Had a Porsche GT3 show up for the Car sessions. Second track day in July, was myself and two KTM's that only did two sessions to my five. They rode around then hung out for a long time. So I basically had the whole track to myself. This time, I was the only guy out there. I remember when PMP had track days and there would be a 100 bikes there running around. It's kind of surreal being the only one on track. Honestly, it's very peaceful just me, the bike and the track. Gives me time to work on my body position, lines through corners, braking, getting a good drive out of corners.

I also managed to shave another two seconds off my time and was able to produce a long string of consistent laps all within a few tenths of each other. So I'm slowly but surely working my way down in time. Finally got my tires to start showing some serious marbles on them this time out. However, I think I finished off this set. Two track days worth(about 80+ laps) and riding back and forth to work has burnt this set up. So I'll be changing this set out soon before I go back in September.

Aaron
Sun Aug 24th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Lucky you! Last time I was there I had about 10 other bikes to contend with. I love PMP, jut be careful in turn 11 (Last turn right?), hold a good line in 7, and it's a great track IMO.

The Black Knight
Sun Aug 24th, 2014, 04:31 PM
Lucky you! Last time I was there I had about 10 other bikes to contend with. I love PMP, jut be careful in turn 11 (Last turn right?), hold a good line in 7, and it's a great track IMO.

T10 is the final turn.... Turns 6A and 6B are one. Making it a 10 turn circuit.

Aaron
Sun Aug 24th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Gotcha, then 10 can be ugly because of the drag lanes, and 7 because of the patches, but other than that I Marc Marquez the shit out of that track.

The Black Knight
Sun Aug 24th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Gotcha, then 10 can be ugly because of the drag lanes, and 7 because of the patches, but other than that I Marc Marquez the shit out of that track.

LOL I'm sure you do...

Aaron
Sun Aug 24th, 2014, 05:08 PM
Don't give me that sarcasm shit. I was turning like 2:00 laps. That's better than almost all of Marquez's.

The Black Knight
Sun Aug 24th, 2014, 05:38 PM
Don't give me that sarcasm shit. I was turning like 2:00 laps. That's better than almost all of Marquez's.

:lol:

It's all good mang, we all know Marquez don't want any of that BMW.

Aaron
Sun Aug 24th, 2014, 07:49 PM
I bet Iononi would take it in a heartbeat though. Dovi too!

The Black Knight
Sun Aug 24th, 2014, 08:58 PM
I bet Iononi would take it in a heartbeat though. Dovi too!

I'm sure they'd be happy with anything other than the pile they are currently riding.

Drano
Sun Aug 24th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Hell if I got paid the money they do to ride a Vespa in MotoGP, I'd still be happy! ;)

One-ops
Mon Aug 25th, 2014, 08:36 AM
I'm healed up and ready to give it a go but I'm broke. Have fun! Next year it's on

The Black Knight
Mon Aug 25th, 2014, 12:06 PM
I'm healed up and ready to give it a go but I'm broke. Have fun! Next year it's on

WTF!! man!! Hahaha all good dude.

Was hoping to run into you at a track day. Then again with how it's been would be nice to see anybody down at Pueblo. I'm planning on at least one and maybe two more track days before the weather turns cold.