PDA

View Full Version : Superstreet Round 6 videos?

mcarthd26
Sun Aug 24th, 2014, 09:02 AM
For some reason I forgot my go pro yesterday, really bad timing. I was hoping that someone might post up their footage and maybe I make a cameo. Thanks again to all the instructors, corner workers, Wyeth for paying for my sister in law, rush4theyeo and big_sur for the help on vouchers.

Sully
Mon Aug 25th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Which one was your sister-in-law? Did you have fun out there?

mcarthd26
Mon Aug 25th, 2014, 06:16 PM
Definitely fun, would have really enjoyed more track time. She was on the blue 06 R6. Were you out there?

madvlad
Mon Aug 25th, 2014, 06:33 PM
Which bike were you riding? That was a good time for sure, huge thanks to the MRA/HPR staff for staying insanely late to make it happen for us.

mcarthd26
Mon Aug 25th, 2014, 06:53 PM
Orange yellow white R6, you? I make a brief cameo in the one video I found starting at 4:26 in rear view and starting at 4:46 in the front view

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAXpUcMAQU4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAXpUcMAQU4)

madvlad
Mon Aug 25th, 2014, 07:16 PM
I had the white/gray r6s #130. We had a good battle going on at the front. I passed in turn 8 @ 6:11.

Sully
Mon Aug 25th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Did you start row 7 as U? Yep, I was on a white gsxr
Ohh was she the tall one with blonde hair?

mcarthd26
Mon Aug 25th, 2014, 09:12 PM
Yes on both

Sully
Tue Aug 26th, 2014, 11:12 AM
That's cool, did she have a good time out there? Did she have previous track experience?
She and the other gal were stopped behind us with their instructor while we were waiting for the oil to be cleaned up on the track but I didn't get a chance to talk to them.
Did the other gal run off in Turn 1?

jbnwc
Tue Aug 26th, 2014, 02:30 PM
At least I got to play the part of the videographer for y'all this weekend! I can't believe how much speed my SV was giving up to R6's! I'm sorry to all of you for ending your race a little early. I was shocked by how bad my pace was during this race and tried to step it up at the end there, which proved to be a bad idea. I just got too much brake too quickly and overwhelmed my forks/tire and tucked the front. dumb dumb dumb Did any of the other crashers get hurt?

Sully
Tue Aug 26th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Jason - I'm just glad you're ok!

07D675CO
Tue Aug 26th, 2014, 03:41 PM
At least I got to play the part of the videographer for y'all this weekend! I can't believe how much speed my SV was giving up to R6's! I'm sorry to all of you for ending your race a little early. I was shocked by how bad my pace was during this race and tried to step it up at the end there, which proved to be a bad idea. I just got too much brake too quickly and overwhelmed my forks/tire and tucked the front. dumb dumb dumb Did any of the other crashers get hurt?

Glad the injuries aren't too bad. I was working turn 6 so I didn't see anything just heard. I still have some random SV parts in the garage from my 04 if you need them.

Bueller
Tue Aug 26th, 2014, 04:11 PM
. I can't believe how much speed my SV was giving up to R6's!

SV 650?

A huge difference from the 12.
There is a completely different approach to pushing a little twin around. Late braking and corner speed is everything.
Here is something you might be interested in. Listen to the engine, it should be screaming as much as possible. Watch the braking too, around 7:35 is what I was practicing a lot of that day. :)

http://youtu.be/LNZQTWtJ3p8?list=UUJKkdcwIOi2mCRYYm_Bx-YQ

rush4theyeho
Tue Aug 26th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Glad you had fun! Awesome stuff.

mcarthd26
Tue Aug 26th, 2014, 10:41 PM
Neither of us had ever done a lap at hpr, she has probably 10 plus days at imi mostly on a ninja 250. I've done a fair amount of days at imi again mostly on the 250. She had a good time. I don't where the other girl went off.

Mother Goose
Wed Aug 27th, 2014, 08:26 AM
Is there any video of "BMW Killer" passing under the waving yellow? :lol:

Radek
Wed Aug 27th, 2014, 08:39 AM
I am thinking about Round 7 at PPIR .Where do I get FREE voucher for Superstreet entry ? :)

Mother Goose
Wed Aug 27th, 2014, 08:54 AM
I am thinking about Round 7 at PPIR .Where do I get FREE voucher for Superstreet entry ? :)

Buy a set of tires from Oscar @ Sol Performance and he'll give you a free voucher.

Sully
Wed Aug 27th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Is there any video of "BMW Killer" passing under the waving yellow? :lol:

Omg.. that guy... words cannot describe how large his ego was... and of course, it was everyone else's fault he couldn't see anything since he had a dark visor :slap: omg, stop whining, dude!

madvlad
Wed Aug 27th, 2014, 11:55 AM
I finished in front of him :D

Radek
Wed Aug 27th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Buy a set of tires from Oscar @ Sol Performance and he'll give you a free voucher.

I only buy Pirelli's tires and only from Oscar at Soll Performance . :)
But I have plenty tires at home

madvlad
Wed Aug 27th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Buy moar :)

Sully
Fri Aug 29th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Hey mcarthd26 - I think Jim Browning has some pics of you from Saturday.. along with others (which I'm sure they've already seen) :)