PDA

View Full Version : stupid battery

firefghtr
Mon Oct 20th, 2003, 04:18 PM
I left the key in the ignition on (on) for about 45 min. in my garage on sunday and it went dead.

I push started the bike last night and let it run for about 2hrs. went out to the bike to start it for work and the damn thing still won't start. so i'm a little mad because im guessing im going to have to hook my car up to my bike to charge it more. but the dam custom figer glass 1piece back on my bike won't come off and i don't want to force it. and break the thing.

do batteries usually suck this much? :banghead:

Anonymous
Mon Oct 20th, 2003, 04:23 PM
Push start it and ride it this time, for about 45 min, then see if it holds a charge. FYI, just idling the bike barely creates enough charge to keep the bike running, let alone charge up the battery. You need to sustain higher-than-idle RPM's for 45min to an hour to really do anything.

firefghtr
Mon Oct 20th, 2003, 04:58 PM
thanks ralph. well it looks like im going for a ride tomarrow morning.

Quick636
Mon Oct 20th, 2003, 08:40 PM
Most of the shops will charge a battery for you for free. At least the ones up here do...

BenDover
Mon Oct 20th, 2003, 08:49 PM
Ralph said just what I was going to say. But, I wanted to post anyways. :P

FZRguy
Tue Oct 21st, 2003, 12:09 AM
can you say battery charger...got one if you need it

firefghtr
Tue Oct 21st, 2003, 07:26 AM
thanks guys, im going to ride for awile today. see if anything happens. hopefully it will take a charge.

Green
Tue Oct 21st, 2003, 09:42 AM
Ralph said just what I was going to say. But, I wanted to post anyways. :P
Yeah, all my bikes do the same thing. There's no charge at idle, which is just one of the many reasons I use to go for a ride, right up there with buy a stamp(1 at a time :D ), atm trips, pick up the mail, check the weather, and see what time it is( I have a clock on the bike). It sometimes takes me all day to check the time! :lol:

firefghtr
Tue Oct 21st, 2003, 11:31 AM
lets see :dunno: ... i left home at 2pm and its now.. :lol: 530 hey ....sweet now i can go home .... :D