PDA

View Full Version : Any Hook-Ups on Alignments?

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Sep 23rd, 2014, 04:39 PM
I used to do my own front-end alignments, but my buddy sold his shop and I no longer have access to his rack. I HATE letting someone else work on my stuff, but sometimes you have no choice. Anyone got a hook-up? Need to do Kim's Grand Cherokee and my F-250...

teamextreme
Tue Sep 23rd, 2014, 08:55 PM
Interested in responses myself. I'm in need of an alignment as well. The place I used to go is not as convenient now that I"m on the west side.

birchyboy
Tue Sep 23rd, 2014, 10:15 PM
I had mine done at Johnson's on 6th and airport. Good guys there.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Sep 24th, 2014, 08:32 AM
I'm taking the trucks to these guys. http://stansalignment.com/Alignment.html Jeep @ 10:00 and the 250 @ 1:00. Talked to them a little yesterday and they seem pretty cool. Great prices, too...

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Sep 24th, 2014, 11:49 AM
See... Here's the exact shit I'm talking about. Just got back with the Jeep alignment and it isn't in the specified range. They got it close, but it's still not to spec. I had to ask for the print out and the "after" numbers are still red. On an alignment print-out the red numbers are adjustments that are still out of range. They do the color-coding so even a retard can see at a quick glance if everything is in spec. The shops count on the fact that you don't know what you are looking at. Well, I do!!! This is why I preach so hard to do it yourself!! So, now I'm going to have to go back and argue that they didn't do it right. They'll probably say, "bring it back." I don't have time to bring it back. Do it right the first time you stupid mother fuckers!!! I'm getting ready to take the F-250 down to them for the 1:00 appointment, but they're not touching it until they explain why they can't do the job right the first time. So, basically, I'll probably be coming home without doing the F-250... Stupid mother fuckers!!!

If you think your mechanic is doing a good job, it just proves that you don't know what you are looking at.

Here's a good example... I hired someone who's a member of this site and owns a roofing company to put a new roof and gutters on my house. Some others on this site have hired him as well and they say he does good work. I hired another member on here who owns a window company to do all new windows and doors on my house. Again, others on this site have hired him and say he does good work. Both of them are total shit!! I'm an architect and know what I'm looking at. Most people don't, and assume they got a good job. I even had to remove a couple windows and re-instal them myself. I also had to show the 'installer' how to install my 9' and 5' sliders. What a total fucking joke these people are!!!

...and, people wonder why I am the way I am...

Drama2
Wed Sep 24th, 2014, 12:43 PM
I went to Brakes Plus yesterday and it was only $59.00, good service.

UHATEIT
Wed Sep 24th, 2014, 12:59 PM
I went to the Meineke right there at Hampden and Tower (since you live right by me its right there next to Firestone), it would have been $59 but they did the full print out saying that it was IN RANGE and didnt charge me at all. They have been very honest with me and my wife since we have been going there and havent tried ot charge for shit we do not need. I cant say I have a hook-up there by any means but they seem honest and have done a great job on everything we have needed to get done.

~Barn~
Wed Sep 24th, 2014, 01:47 PM
I went to Brakes Plus yesterday and it was only $59.00, good service.

I went to the Meineke right there at Hampden and Tower <Snip...> they seem honest and have done a great job on everything we have needed to get done.

But remember guys...

If you think your mechanic is doing a good job, it just proves that you don't know what you are looking at.

~Barn~
Wed Sep 24th, 2014, 01:59 PM
... And because I should offer something positive to this thread too, I have a "Lifetime Alignment" deal on my MS6 (read: 5 year but they told me they'll continue to honor it - we'll see.) I don't remember precisely what it cost me, but under $200 and it's good at any Big-O Tires or any of their affiliates. Nationwide.

I've used it every time I take my wheels in to get rotated and rebalanced, and they never seem to do anything shifty because it was a one time purchase. Sometimes I've been told I'm in range, other times they've adjusted, and any "pull" I've had in the car has always gone away. And yes... I even do check the before-&-after specs and have questioned suspect adjustment values. One visit in particular, they set the alignment true again but forgot to center my steering wheel accordingly. I spotted it on the way out of course and they just had me pull it back into the bay to fix it. I get it... accidents happen and things get missed but I've never felt they've intentionally misled me.

Plus, the nice thing is if you don't like the readings or opinion that Big-O X provides, you can just take it down the street to Big-O Y, and have them redo/recheck it. I prefer the staff at the Greenwood Village location.

Kim-n-Dean
Wed Sep 24th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Well, we got it figured out. They had two Cherokees in there at the same time. When I picked up Kim's, they gave me the paper-work for the other Jeep, which wasn't finished, thus the out-of-spec numbers. When I called them, before making my rant above, they didn't know I had the wrong paper-work, therefore, they were adamant about my alignment being correct. Same year, same color, I guess it's an honest mistake.

However, that same mistake in other areas could be HUGE!!!

Since I love examples, here's another one... I took out a huge loan from my bank. A month later, when the auto-payment didn't show up on my account, I called immediately as to not have any charges or credit report issues. They assured me it was paid and to see what happens next month. Next month, the same thing happened, no payment indicated on my account, but they show it as being paid. So, I go across the street to my bank (convenient ay) and ask for my records. I see all kinds of $5,000 and $6,000 checks written and the check numbers are way too low for my account. Those dip shits tied my loan to my Mom's account in Ohio (who uses the same bank and at the time was in a nursing home - she's dead, now). The charges I saw were the nursing home fees. They went by last name and not account numbers when finalizing my loan. A bank that doesn't go by account numbers? WTF!! Imagine if my last name was Jones or Smith, who knows who would have been paying my loan.

So, I'm very happy Stan's and I figured it out, but people need to pay better attention. You never know how small something might appear, but have HUGE consequences!!