PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Weld!

Hozerking
Mon Oct 20th, 2003, 04:20 PM
Ok, what is the best stuff to use! before I resort to sheet metal to fix my body work! lol...

Seriously I'm gona repair some of the cracks I have in the bodywork on the RC and I'm just wondering what have you guys had good luck with.

Once it is repaired I'll sand it and use bondo(I guess) to fill the scratches before I paint it.

any input is appreciated,

thanks,

-al

Anonymous
Mon Oct 20th, 2003, 04:24 PM
Talk to TC (ytry2) on here. He fixed mine. ;)

Nick_Ninja
Mon Oct 20th, 2003, 06:07 PM
Hozerking wrote:

Ok, what is the best stuff to use!

Here you go:

http://www.urethanesupply.com/street.html

thunderseye
Mon Oct 20th, 2003, 07:14 PM
monkey glue works good but if you go to home depot they have bunches of glues i wish i could remember the name i used this glue in a small tube not jb weld but it dries in 5 min strong enough to hold up my whole light to my front fairing best ive ever used on plastics and it was only like 3 bucks. moneky glue works awesome too but it takes 20 min to dry and thats a long time to hold two pieces together

BenDover
Mon Oct 20th, 2003, 08:44 PM
I used JB Weld on my plastic repair. I tried some other kind of epoxy from Home Depot before the JB Weld that didn't work. The JB Weld has held since February. I haven't tried to sand it to prep it for paint yet, though.

HTH

FZRguy
Tue Oct 21st, 2003, 12:16 AM
I’ve had very good results using JB Weld on the back and super glue on the front.