PDA

View Full Version : Ride Saturday Nov 1, dont care where!

UHATEIT
Tue Oct 28th, 2014, 11:53 AM
I wanted to post up early in the week for a ride to gather interest. The weather this Saturday says high of 75 and no rain. This could be one of the last warm weekends in the mountains since next week's weather shows highs in the 50's each day. If anyone is interested in a ride feel free to post up in this thread!

j0ker
Tue Oct 28th, 2014, 01:44 PM
I am interested!

mdub
Tue Oct 28th, 2014, 06:08 PM
I wanted to get an early start on this. The weather this Saturday says high of 75 and no rain. This could be one of the last warm weekends in the mountains since next week's weather shows highs in the 50's each day. If anyone is interested in a ride feel free to post up in this thread!

sounds good. Let's meet at moco at 9 and ksu at 9:30.

UHATEIT
Tue Oct 28th, 2014, 07:32 PM
I think I can swing that. Hopefully its warm by then. Destination I dont care where. As long as the roads are clear I'll ride wherever. I do like Deckers and Deer Creek but am up for suggestions

summit82
Wed Oct 29th, 2014, 01:50 PM
I suggest La Junta. Its nice this time of year

mdub
Wed Oct 29th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Good suggestion. Route is set then.

UHATEIT
Wed Oct 29th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Where Iw as hoping to ride was up into the mountains since it'll be getting too cold and dirty to do so in the coming weeks. Anyone interested in doing a ride up in the mountains?

DriverDave
Wed Oct 29th, 2014, 03:33 PM
I think the La Junta suggestion was a joke.

UHATEIT
Thu Oct 30th, 2014, 09:18 AM
Hopefully so. We will see if anymore people post in here as well.

Clovis
Thu Oct 30th, 2014, 02:37 PM
I've taken a real liking to Cripple Creek recently.

Rode it last weekend, roads were in good shape and decently warm all though you may want to KSU around 10.

Last week I left my house at noon, rode to Salida and back (about 260 miles round trip from Colorado Springs) in 4 1/2 hours. Nice to be home at 4:30.

Here's the route from Moco - http://goo.gl/maps/XnDFk

If you cut out highway 9 and 50 that shaves off about 100 miles.

UHATEIT
Thu Oct 30th, 2014, 03:51 PM
There was a large group ride back in September that was going to Glenwood Springs, I tagged along on that until Cripple creek then turned back around and went over to Hwy 77 up to Jefferson and back on 285. That was a great ride! I dont know if I want to hit a ride that long this weekend, I just want to get some good riding in and grab lunch. But I'm not sure how things are looking up the p2p way as far as if they've received any snow or gravel out there. Cripple Creek was gorgeous for sure and I surely want to go on that route again and make it into an overnighter!

justin330i
Thu Oct 30th, 2014, 04:56 PM
I'm possibly in depending on route. I'd be coming from Colo Springs.

Nguyen
Thu Oct 30th, 2014, 07:36 PM
If the route involve Squaw pass and/or P2P, I'll try to make it.

UHATEIT
Fri Oct 31st, 2014, 12:03 PM
Time seems to be fine 9am with KSU at 930am, route undetermined. Depends where everyone needs to end up at the end. I like Deer reek and Deckers and heading back Turkey Creek and Parmelee back. But that takes Justin330i further from his home, but you can always split off at Deckers and head back down Woodland park to get home if you wanted to. I havent done P2P in a while I dont know how smooth the roads are or if they've gotten any snow yet. I imagine Squaw Pass will be pretty cold and probably got snow at their elevation but I havent been up there in a while either

Clovis
Fri Oct 31st, 2014, 02:46 PM
Squaw was getting pretty cold a month ago. Maybe Justin and I will do Cripple Creek since we're both from Colorado Springs.

UHATEIT
Fri Oct 31st, 2014, 03:14 PM
Squaw was getting pretty cold a month ago. Maybe Justin and I will do Cripple Creek since we're both from Colorado Springs.

That may be a good idea. I'd hate to have him ride all the way up here and end up even further north at the end of the ride. I'd be down for Cripple Creek but not looking to ride that far with this cold weather. I will for sure be going there again next season when it warms up! We will see how many else post up tonight with possible routes from MOCO that work and then go from there. P2P would be nice as well but I imagine if you get up to Estes it's probably pretty chilly up there.

justin330i
Fri Oct 31st, 2014, 04:42 PM
I rode thru Winter Park and Rock Mountain State Park into Estes a couple months ago and it was chilly then. Can't imagine now.

A buddy told me Performance Cycle was having a 50% off sale tomorrow but I don't see on their website. Might hit that in the morning then come back to the Springs via 285, 126 (Pine), to 67, into Woodland Park.

milehizx6r
Fri Oct 31st, 2014, 07:03 PM
I rode thru Winter Park and Rock Mountain State Park into Estes a couple months ago and it was chilly then. Can't imagine now.

A buddy told me Performance Cycle was having a 50% off sale tomorrow but I don't see on their website. Might hit that in the morning then come back to the Springs via 285, 126 (Pine), to 67, into Woodland Park.
The sale at Performance Cycle is mainly for motocross. They had their street sale 3 weeks ago.

UHATEIT
Fri Oct 31st, 2014, 09:07 PM
Well I will be at MOCO prior to 930 and ready to ride. Hopefully a few show up and we can pick a destination to ride. Of its clear Nguyen we can do say central city to p2p and down boulder canyon or whatever.

DarkT
Fri Oct 31st, 2014, 11:24 PM
I'll try to make it, can't guarantee anything yet as it depends on how the night goes so I might end up going for an afternoon ride instead. If I don't see you have a great ride!

justin330i
Sat Nov 1st, 2014, 06:08 AM
The sale at Performance Cycle is mainly for motocross. They had their street sale 3 weeks ago.

Thx milehizx6r

UHATEIT
Sat Nov 1st, 2014, 08:04 AM
Running late as always but I'll be there 915-920 for the 930ksu

Nguyen
Sat Nov 1st, 2014, 08:10 AM
I'll see you there.

mdub
Sat Nov 1st, 2014, 05:41 PM
I think the La Junta suggestion was a joke.

No it was serious. A few of us rolled it was awesome. Thanks summit for the suggestion..

summit82
Sat Nov 1st, 2014, 06:45 PM
No it was serious. A few of us rolled it was awesome. Thanks summit for the suggestion..

No problemo. Its one of Colorado's hidden gems

DriverDave
Sat Nov 1st, 2014, 07:07 PM
Guess I'll have to check it out. I'm all about the hidden gems. Might be a good option during the winter when the canyons are all sandy and icy.

Nguyen
Sat Nov 1st, 2014, 10:36 PM
Talking about hidden gems, I just found this gem on youtube to add to my collection of cruising tunes;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V88yyayq6AY

UHATEIT
Sun Nov 2nd, 2014, 07:52 AM
I will still like to ride during winter and if there is a good route to La Junta since that's not at the higher elevations I'd be down for that. Same with the road to Palmer Lake that we did on the opening of season ride that was fun and shouldn't be snow covered all the time. I have heard of some roads near parker that dead down to monument I think its 85 that are still good.

As for yesterday it was just me and Nguyen who rode. We did bear creek through Kerr gulch and Nguyen had never done that one before. A decent scare at the top when a cop pulled right out in front of us. Luckily we just followed him the rest of the way to the top. Had we been a few seconds ahead he may have pulled out behind us and seen our antics. We went down to central city parkway and up over to Nederland and down Boulder Canyon to a Pho place Nguyen recommended for lunch which was damn tasty. Aside from the cold ride into MOCO the rest of the way was not too bad being all bundled up.

FZRguy
Mon Nov 3rd, 2014, 03:12 PM
Hwy 105, thru Black Forest to Hwy 24, Elbert Road to Kiowa and back around on Hwy 86 is a very good winter loop.

UHATEIT
Mon Nov 3rd, 2014, 03:37 PM
How is hwy 83? That looks like a good route around from Monument back up from Palmer Lake. This is a route I'd like to try this winter, starting at MOCO and the looping around back to my house in Aurora:

http://goo.gl/maps/rBS56

DriverDave
Mon Nov 3rd, 2014, 04:42 PM
How is hwy 83? That looks like a good route around from Monument back up from Palmer Lake. This is a route I'd like to try this winter, starting at MOCO and the looping around back to my house in Aurora:

http://goo.gl/maps/rBS56

Move that whole I25 section east to Hwy83 and you'll have one of the standard go-to rides in the winter....fixed... https://goo.gl/maps/g0bol

Although most of us that don't live in Aurora end up taking Wolfensberger out of Castle Rock back over to 105.
This is pretty much one of the go-to winter rides around here.

UHATEIT
Tue Nov 4th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Move that whole I25 section east to Hwy83 and you'll have one of the standard go-to rides in the winter....fixed... https://goo.gl/maps/g0bol

Although most of us that don't live in Aurora end up taking Wolfensberger out of Castle Rock back over to 105.
This is pretty much one of the go-to winter rides around here.

haha the map you sent was the exact same that I had input, I guess my google link broke somehow during editing. But thats the route I was planning: Moco down 470 to 105 to palmer Lake, then to Monument and over to 83 then back up to 470 and home. I will have to try that route during the winter. Hopefully someone during winter will want to ride that with me and split off back to 105 if they want.

asp_125
Tue Nov 4th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Other nice winter rides without going that far south: Hess Rd 'tween Parker and Castle Rock, Monarch from Castle Rock back to Highlands Ranch.