PDA

View Full Version : 09 ZX10R Exhaust

bornwildnfree
Thu Oct 30th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Some woman backed into my Kawi in a parking lot, scratched the exhaust and did some other damage. The happy part is, her insurance is writing me a check for a decent amount of money and I get a new exhaust system. The stock exhaust is heavy and I would rather have something a little nicer. I don't want open pipe, I'd rather it not be much louder. I looked at Akrapovic, but I'm not sure if that's the direction I want to go. What do you guys think?

rybo
Thu Oct 30th, 2014, 09:43 AM
the Leo Vince stuff often comes with the option of a quiet insert. I've had their systems on a number of my bikes and have always been impressed with quality, fit and support.

Give Brian at Speedin Motorsports a call, he's an LV dealer and has taken care of me and many many others in the MRA over the past few years. He also sells many other products and brands, so can guide you to the right stuff for your needs.

505-215-0985

Scott

Drano
Thu Oct 30th, 2014, 10:47 AM
To add another option, the Yoshimura TRS slip-on I had on my SV came with a removable silencer as well.

bornwildnfree
Thu Oct 30th, 2014, 10:50 AM
I already have the Leo Vince cat replacement pipe and I have enjoyed it so why not keep the same brand. Thanks Rybo!