PDA

View Full Version : Dog on a chain in FoCo

Think
Wed Nov 19th, 2014, 06:33 PM
Hey all, found this on Reddit today... someone posted up in Craigslist of a dog that's been chained up outside for the past few days. Apparently animal control has been called and nothing can really be done, anyone know how to get this dog some help? This sort of shit makes my blood boil.

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/pet/4765460946.html

Ph03niX
Wed Nov 19th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Ohhh I ride my bike on that road all the time, only about 7 minutes from me. Really thinking about egging his house or something, but that's not mature. What do you guys think I could do to help? (since I'm close by)

birchyboy
Wed Nov 19th, 2014, 09:41 PM
That's terrible. The sad part is, if you complain about the barking as a nuisance, the person that has the dog would like beat the dog. It is a terrible no-win situation. I'll never understand why someone has a pet and treats it this way.

BlueDog
Wed Nov 19th, 2014, 09:56 PM
Maybe be good to send the story on to one of the local news stations as well as the shelter up there "Animal House". They seem to have some good connections.

mdub
Thu Nov 20th, 2014, 04:24 AM
Ohhh I ride my bike on that road all the time, only about 7 minutes from me. Really thinking about egging his house or something, but that's not mature. What do you guys think I could do to help? (since I'm close by)

I read a cpl sentences on the craigslist ad. Since the owners are soo messed up on drugs and they rarely go out to chk. Get some food for the dog. Jump fence . Released. This makes my blood boil as well . But wtf you gonna do bout et? Call animal control, call who ever...just hope something does get done for this canine....

#1Townie
Thu Nov 20th, 2014, 06:41 AM
Poor dog. I fucking hate people!! I hope someone takes that dog.

bulldog
Thu Nov 20th, 2014, 07:30 AM
Maybe be good to send the story on to one of the local news stations as well as the shelter up there "Animal House". They seem to have some good connections.
+1 Seems nobody cares but when it makes the news they jump on it fast. I believe the radio station ks107.5 had something similar last week where a dog was left out and a neighbor did everything they could with no help..so they called the news channels...then the news trucks came and suddenly it became a big deal.

Wonder if we can just email them that link?

EDIT: EMAILED HERE....MORE THAT SEND IT THE BETTER.
NEWS TIPSHave a story idea or a breaking news tip? We want to know about it! Click here: newstips@9news.com

Sully
Thu Nov 20th, 2014, 09:26 AM
The neighbor claims that the house is a meth lab.. call the DEA .. call the landlord and ask them if they want their property condemned or blown up..

It baffles me that people have pets they never interact with. What's the purpose?

Think
Thu Nov 20th, 2014, 11:09 AM
+1 Seems nobody cares but when it makes the news they jump on it fast. I believe the radio station ks107.5 had something similar last week where a dog was left out and a neighbor did everything they could with no help..so they called the news channels...then the news trucks came and suddenly it became a big deal.

Wonder if we can just email them that link?

EDIT: EMAILED HERE....MORE THAT SEND IT THE BETTER.
NEWS TIPS

Have a story idea or a breaking news tip? We want to know about it! Click here: newstips@9news.com

Well I sent a quick e-mail. What kind of legal ramifications would there be if "someone" were to go up there, cut the chain/collar, and take the dog to a rescue?

birchyboy
Thu Nov 20th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Well I sent a quick e-mail. What kind of legal ramifications would there be if "someone" were to go up there, cut the chain/collar, and take the dog to a rescue?

You could likely be charged with theft if you were caught. Dogs are considered personal property, just like most anything.

bulldog
Thu Nov 20th, 2014, 12:35 PM
I ain't going to lie...I did it before when I was like 17 years old. Had idiot buddies that raised pitbulls to fight eachother and they thought it was cool. One of my best buddies bought this puppy pitbull and started putting weighs around it's neck as a puppy; they do that to have them build massive muscle and get mean. Then he put it on this short chain and never brought him indoors; also to get them mean. Even though this was one of my best buddies I could not handle it, so I went into his backyard and took it and gave the dog to someone who wanted it as a pet. Sad thing is it took the guy two days to realize it had been taken. Yeah it was wrong, but overall I think I did the right thing. Not saying to do this now as I am sure they would prosecute if they caught you....but I did. I like dogs nearly as much or more than people though.

WolFeYeZ
Thu Nov 20th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Looks like the news picked it up.

bulldog
Thu Nov 20th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Looks like the news picked it up. Nice! I'd like to think it was me writing them, but either way is great

Link http://www.9news.com/story/life/pets/2014/11/20/fort-collins-chained-dog/70012530/

#1Townie
Thu Nov 20th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Nice!!!

Think
Thu Nov 20th, 2014, 04:31 PM
That is awesome. I mean, not awesome the dog is still out there, but awesome the news picked it up.

mdub
Thu Nov 20th, 2014, 04:58 PM
I just saw nine news. Reported the pups ordeal . Hopefully the dog is untethered soon

Aaron
Thu Nov 20th, 2014, 08:43 PM
Surprisingly, it depends on what you do with the dog. If you keep it, it's theft. But in order to have theft, you need a victim. Drug users aren't seen by the courts very affectionately as victims.

Most animal control facilities have 24/7 accessible cages to use as late night "drop boxes" for people to turn in found cats/dogs. So if you were to "find" the dog, and it didn't have a collar, I think dropping it off at the shelter would be fulfilling your civic duty and the most reasonable course of action.