PDA

View Full Version : black friday ride, is deer creek clear?

UHATEIT
Tue Nov 25th, 2014, 06:20 PM
The weather should be decent enough that I'd like to hit deer creek. Has anyone ridden it within the last week and know if the road is clear? Even if I'm riding by myself i just want to get out and ride! If deer creek and bear creek are clear of debris then I'll be riding and grabbing lunch.

The first ride of the season last year involved deer creek in March and there was snow on the ground and I'd like to avoid that. Any input let me know!

Tiutis
Tue Nov 25th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Watch out for the north facing/shaded areas. It can be iced up!

Nguyen
Tue Nov 25th, 2014, 08:49 PM
I'd ride but my tires are bald after 6k miles this past season. I'm gonna need to decide which tires to buy soon.
If you're planning to hit up Willy's wings this Friday, though, I can meet you there.

UHATEIT
Tue Nov 25th, 2014, 09:50 PM
I'd ride but my tires are bald after 6k miles this past season. I'm gonna need to decide which tires to buy soon.
If you're planning to hit up Willy's wings this Friday, though, I can meet you there.

That's the plan. Ride a bit and then snag Willy's wings :) if deer creek is dry I'll hit it, turkey creek, parmalee, and bear creek. I've got some warm gear for the cold now. But it should be mid 60s Friday but colder in the hills. But I need to get a ride in!

RichSC
Tue Nov 25th, 2014, 10:04 PM
I'm in. Planned on checking those roads out Thursday too since I have nothing better to do.

RichSC
Thu Nov 27th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Deer Creek was a little dirty in spots, more so towards the top, but not too bad and definitely rideable. A few damp patches from melted snow and ice, but didn't come across any frozen patches or anything.

UHATEIT
Thu Nov 27th, 2014, 07:56 PM
I posted earlier but it didn't show up. I'm still down to ride. I'm thinking 11am at MOCO allowing it time to warm up. Then ride deer creek and parmalee down bear creek to Willy's wings in Morrison. Should be thew around 1230 for lunch since it won't take long to ride those roads. If anyone shows that's great if not I'm riding on my own to get out on a nice day!

RichSC
Thu Nov 27th, 2014, 09:14 PM
Sounds good, I'll be there.

UHATEIT
Fri Nov 28th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Leaving now. Depending on Hampden traffic I should be there just after 11am