PDA

View Full Version : 2005 RMHD Toy Run Info and CSC Meeting Spot

rforsythe
Thu Nov 10th, 2005, 02:43 PM
It's that time of year once again, for the annual Rocky Mountain Harley Davidson Toy Run to Children's Hospital!

CSC Meeting time is from 7am-8am at the County Line/Quebec Starbucks on Sunday Dec 4th! To get there, take C-470 to Quebec and head North one block. Starbucks is around the east side of the Safeway in the Willow Creek shopping center. You need to meet up with CSC at our pre-ride meeting spot if you want to ride with us, or else you likely will not be able to find us at the ride staging area - there are really that many people and bikes!!

Full information on the run itself is available here:
http://rmh-d.com/toy-run/

If you've never done this, I highly encourage you to participate! Every year the CSC's group gets larger, and all you need to do is bring an unwrapped new toy for the kids! Even though it's put on by the Harley dealership, every kind of bike imaginable rides in this thing including an ever-growing number of sportbikes. No matter how cold it gets, trust me when I tell you that the frozen digits and foggy faceshield are worth it when you see this thing in person and participate!

Why so early, you ask? Well, traffic is going to be nuts getting into the staging area. In addition, we will all have to register when we get there, which is going to take some time (basically it's a waiver signing thing), line up, park, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get completely staged until 9am or so. The ride departs at 10am, so this gives you some time to take in the scene, hang out, check out bikes, get a biscotti - whatever. We'll leave Starbucks around 8am, so if you aren't there by then you're on your own. If we don't show up in one complete group, we will NOT get placed together.

Unlike last year, preregistration is NOT an option this time!! Ride Registration starts at 8:30am at the Aspen Grove Shopping Center. Be early, or be in the back!

Player 2
Thu Nov 10th, 2005, 02:51 PM
I'm there... Just tell me when and where to meet up ;)

surfinspacegirl
Thu Nov 10th, 2005, 03:10 PM
I think my 2 slipped discs can handle the RMHD Toy Run. Count me in!

CBRChick
Thu Nov 10th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Count me in!! It's a great time and for a great cause!!

It may be the first group ride the 1000 will be on!!! :D

rforsythe
Thu Nov 10th, 2005, 03:41 PM
Original post updated with firm meeting location and time. :up:

T-byrd
Thu Nov 10th, 2005, 05:11 PM
I can't wait for this! This is one of the most fun things to participate in. If you have never done this before, you definitely need to do this! :D

Tanya

rforsythe
Thu Nov 10th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Hey Tanya - can we shove a sock in those D&D's of yours? My ears were bleeding for the rest of the day after being behind those things. :shock: :lol:

S2RGRL
Thu Nov 10th, 2005, 07:45 PM
I definitely want to participate in this one :D

~Barn~
Thu Nov 10th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Believe it!

Cleveland
Thu Nov 10th, 2005, 10:52 PM
i'll be there :up:

Kris
Thu Nov 10th, 2005, 11:06 PM
:santa: Count me in!!

~Kris

Player 2
Fri Nov 11th, 2005, 12:42 AM
Cross your fingers... I hope to be there on a new toy with new toys :D

AshliRider44
Fri Nov 11th, 2005, 06:59 AM
SWEET! Last year was a blast-- are we meeting up at Brecks again afterwords too?? :yay: Hey Barn whos gonna be holding that big ass bag on the back of your bike this year ;)

McVaaahhh
Fri Nov 11th, 2005, 07:40 AM
I'm there. :up:

swademaster
Fri Nov 11th, 2005, 08:44 AM
I'll be there.

~Barn~
Fri Nov 11th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Hey Barn whos gonna be holding that big ass bag on the back of your bike this year ;)

Well, I didn't have any passenger plans this year, so I was just gonna cruise with it myself.

However!... If you have any cutie girlfriends that wanna ride shotgun and lug a bag o'toys, tell them they got a spot. :D

AshliRider44
Fri Nov 11th, 2005, 12:29 PM
I have a couple in mind :) Hell if I wasnt gonna ride with Dave I would be all over it! :roll: ;)

~Barn~
Fri Nov 11th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Why you gotta ride pillion? What's up with the SV?

Mel
Fri Nov 11th, 2005, 01:02 PM
IF I can get my bike fixed in time, I will be all over this....if not, I might have to actually ride bitch with someone. Either way, I am planning on doing it this year.
Hey Princess, want a passenger on your new toy if I don't get mine fixed? :angel:

AshliRider44
Fri Nov 11th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Why you gotta ride pillion? What's up with the SV?

I actually dont mind being on the back for this ride to tell you the truth LOL but I would borrow someone elses bike if they werent planning on doing the run this year... but I recently sold my baby :cry: gonna give racing a shot next year, made some dealings with Dave and will be taking that SV out. If it doesnt workout, I'm sure I'll have another SV (or another kind) of bike sooner than later. :up:

Suki
Sat Nov 12th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Mel, you can ride bs on my bike :D

Alan and I are more than likely in on this as well, his company party is the night before and we all know how crazy he gets at parties :lol:

Player 2
Sat Nov 12th, 2005, 04:59 PM
What's wrong with your bike now Mel??

I'll be there new toy in hand... :D

Duc'nnit
Mon Nov 14th, 2005, 03:26 PM
We will be there with bells on! :D :santa:

Becks
Mon Nov 14th, 2005, 04:49 PM
I would go, but I am rideless at the moment and Wicky's is broke. :0( But I'll see if my big bro will go and we'll load him up with toys.

rforsythe
Mon Nov 14th, 2005, 04:59 PM
Wicky has a bike, and you don't need to be buying X-Boxes and DVD players here. Some simple lego toys and stuff work too! Remember, there are kids of all age groups. You don't need to spend a lot of cash, just do what ya can. :up:

Stuart Little
Mon Nov 14th, 2005, 07:07 PM
I'm in like sin!

Dysco
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 10:01 AM
I got to spend a LOT of time in the Seattle Childrens Hospital as a kid. Every time I do the toy run I get all choked up- it's a great feeling (First to be alive and second to be able to help the kids who are getting screwed out of their childhood by having to spend a large part of it in the hospital.

Kate and I will definitely be there! I might have to bring the WR along though... fooey ;)

rforsythe
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 10:08 AM
By the way, anyone have a spare bike kickin it they aren't planning to use for this? I am without street bike currently and need one for us to carry toys on. I promise, no wheelies and minimal burnouts. :)

konichd
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 10:22 AM
PM sent rforsythe!

AshliRider44
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Wicky has a bike, and you don't need to be buying X-Boxes and DVD players here. Some simple lego toys and stuff work too! Remember, there are kids of all age groups. You don't need to spend a lot of cash, just do what ya can. :up:

Her post says Wicky's Bike is broke at the moment Ralph :up:

I'm also looking for a bike to borrow if anyones got one availble, cant do wheelies or stoppies so no worries there :lol:
Otherwise I'm riding bitch :cry:

rforsythe
Tue Nov 15th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Like I read that shit. :lol:

Thanks for the bike Konchid!

rr-rider
Sun Nov 20th, 2005, 10:58 PM
I imagine this ride goes rain or shine?

Scott

T-byrd
Sun Nov 20th, 2005, 11:06 PM

Scott

Unless there is measurable snow...yes. :)

Tanya

rr-rider
Sun Nov 20th, 2005, 11:23 PM
I think I will be in for this, I just need to decide if I meet this group or I have some co-workers that are riding there Harleys. In that case I would need to ride my wife's bike.

T-byrd
Sun Nov 20th, 2005, 11:32 PM
I think I will be in for this, I just need to decide if I meet this group or I have some co-workers that are riding there Harleys. In that case I would need to ride my wife's bike.

Of course I'm gonna tell you that we're more fun... :D

Tanya

rr-rider
Sun Nov 20th, 2005, 11:36 PM
I am sure this group would be, I always have more fun on my sportbike than I do on my wife's Harley.

~Barn~
Mon Nov 21st, 2005, 12:09 AM
<snip...> I always have more fun on my sportbike than I do on my wife's Harley.

You don't say!?
:P

rforsythe
Mon Nov 21st, 2005, 09:32 AM

Scott

Tanya

Actually, in the event of measurable snow everyone just shows up in their cars and does it anyway. ;)

AshliRider44
Mon Nov 21st, 2005, 10:42 AM

Scott

Tanya

Actually, in the event of measurable snow everyone just shows up in their cars and does it anyway. ;)

Thats awesome-- good to know, thanks Ralph

Dysco
Mon Nov 21st, 2005, 11:22 PM
You know, with decent tread, snow is very doable if you can restrain your right hand. It's ice that'll get ya. :D

Of course, waterproof boots are critical.

Brysol
Tue Nov 22nd, 2005, 11:52 PM
I wanted to do this ride. I forgot about it, but now that I know a date and time I'm in. That will be awsome helping out thoughs kids. :lol:

towneh
Wed Nov 23rd, 2005, 06:09 AM
snow schmo..... that's the white stuff in the mountains (ice is another thing indeed!!!!!) put me on the list of participants. note to self:buy a stuffed critter or two!
later,
Hayabago Henry

Zanos
Wed Nov 23rd, 2005, 09:40 AM
I would love to do this. I always work sunday, but i will be asking for this off. Hope to see you all there if i can get it off.

Scribbler
Mon Nov 28th, 2005, 02:08 AM
I just confirmed that I'll be able to participate in this run as well :)

I'll probably have a few non-CSC'ers in tow as well (although I've pointed them to the CSC, I've yet to see them post up).

busagirl
Mon Nov 28th, 2005, 08:33 AM
Sounds like the Busa club is down to participate so I may be there as well.... :D

wulf
Mon Nov 28th, 2005, 09:40 AM
ashli, pm me about borrowin my sv, as long as you're willing to take a toy for me. i've gotta work.

Airreed
Mon Nov 28th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Ill be there too.

Im working on making the RC into a Xmas bike with working xmas lights and more.

Jason

Scribbler
Mon Nov 28th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Dress warm! :cold:

Sunday's Forecast (http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecast-detail.asp?partner=forecastfox&myadc=0&traveler=1&zipcode=80203&fday=6&metric=0)

Suki
Mon Nov 28th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Dress warm! :cold:

Sunday's Forecast (http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecast-detail.asp?partner=forecastfox&amp;myadc=0&amp;traveler=1&amp; zipcode=80203&amp;fday=7&amp;metric=0)

just drink some whiskey! that'll warm ya up!

AshliRider44
Mon Nov 28th, 2005, 06:22 PM
ashli, pm me about borrowin my sv, as long as you're willing to take a toy for me. i've gotta work.

Thanks guy! I actually decided just to ride on the back again this year, I enjoyed being able to take pictures during the ride (its also alot warmer) LOL :oops: Thanks alot though! :)
Oh and I will still take a toy for you if you'd like :D

CBRChick
Tue Nov 29th, 2005, 07:53 AM
So, how many of you are still planning on going? With the weather looking like 35 degrees with a 30% chance of snow? How many are planning on caging it?

T-byrd
Tue Nov 29th, 2005, 08:06 AM
Chances are we're not going to get snow, and if we do it'll only be a dusting.
I'm still riding.

Tanya

Stuart Little
Tue Nov 29th, 2005, 08:09 AM
I'm thinkin I'm still down

Cleveland
Tue Nov 29th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Unless the roads are covered with snow, I'm still planning on going. Just put on one more layer. :cold:

sprtbkbabe
Tue Nov 29th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Last year I couldn't feel my fingers by the time I got on I-225. That was with wool and silk glove liners :o

This year I think I'll plan on turning up the seat warmers in the Mini :P

~Barn~
Tue Nov 29th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Can I put my helmet in your car Siobhan? As per usual, I wanna do the parade, wearing my Santa Claus hat. :D

AshliRider44
Tue Nov 29th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Dave and I will still be there NM how cold it is-- if its snowing like a mofo, we will drive :D

sprtbkbabe
Tue Nov 29th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Can I put my helmet in your car Siobhan? As per usual, I wanna do the parade, wearing my Santa Claus hat. :D

I'll put it on the passenger seat so it's toasty when you put it back on :up:

~Barn~
Tue Nov 29th, 2005, 08:38 AM
Ha! Nice.

:D

Scribbler
Tue Nov 29th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Anybody have a red convertible VW bug?

Then 8 people could mount reindeer horns to their helmets (mebbe a 9th with a red nose on the front) and ride in front of the VW loaded with toys :D

~Barn~
Tue Nov 29th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Oh my god Scrib.... :lol:.... You should have your own TV show on Bravo, dude. :lol:

Dysco
Tue Nov 29th, 2005, 11:26 PM
I think I have some cold weather gear lying around somewhere...

towneh
Thu Dec 1st, 2005, 12:38 PM
I'll be with the super-tanker busa. look for the Yello Haz-mat suit :lol:
-- see the proto-type -- :shock:
henry

....dysco, you live in yer cold weather gear :lol: :D

with or without studs !?!?!?!?

rforsythe
Thu Dec 1st, 2005, 12:47 PM
Holy crap, it's Henry! :shock:

You gonna bring Harry Biker with you too and have a little old-school CSC reunion? :D

~Barn~
Thu Dec 1st, 2005, 12:56 PM
Harry Biker and the loaner Doctor Z. One of my favorite toy-run memories. :bananna:

towneh
Thu Dec 1st, 2005, 06:31 PM
Holy crap, it's Henry! :shock:

You gonna bring Harry Biker with you too and have a little old-school CSC reunion? :D

could be but i can't speak for the Harry B....... life goes on !!!
the bus(a) has almost 33k (old ????) and it'd be great to see famiar faces.

aggressive touring lives! :D 8) ;)
henry

FZRguy
Sat Dec 3rd, 2005, 10:59 AM
What's the plan with this weather?

swademaster
Sat Dec 3rd, 2005, 11:06 AM
Sounds like it will be dry, but cold. 17 to 10 degrees for a low tonight, depending on which forcast you watch. :cold:

Zanos
Sat Dec 3rd, 2005, 11:18 AM
I heard it was going to snow untill and or through sunday. We will see i guess. I will dress warm and be there if it is not deadly to be on 2 wheels!!!

Dysco
Sat Dec 3rd, 2005, 12:54 PM
No studs this year, Henry. I decided my commute was too long to safely do the snow thing again. I'll be on my WR450 and hopefully Kate will be on my GS.

If the snow lets up soon we shouldn't see much ice tomorrow morning and riding will be good. If it stops this evening we'll see a lot of ice and riding will be bad. If it keeps snowing through tomorrow morning, traction will be decent in fresh snow and slush for the torquier bikes and doable on the inline 4s. Not that I'm speaking from personal experience or anything....

zPurpleRoom
Sat Dec 3rd, 2005, 12:58 PM
I'm out.....let those sick kids have no Christmas! :evil:

just joken....I already brought my gifts to them today... :D

Duc'nnit
Sat Dec 3rd, 2005, 02:04 PM
We will be dropping our gifts off at the beginning of the week........ :D

FZRguy
Sat Dec 3rd, 2005, 03:03 PM
Anyone planning on Breck’s afterwards?

T-byrd
Sat Dec 3rd, 2005, 04:37 PM
Damn this weather! I'm concerned with ice on the roads, so we're not riding the bikes.
Is anyone planning on driving?

Tanya

rforsythe
Sat Dec 3rd, 2005, 05:32 PM
We're caging it as well, but will be there for sure tomorrow AM at Starbucks between 7-8am!

Just got back from Target and picked up some toys...

CBRChick
Sat Dec 3rd, 2005, 06:22 PM
As of right now (6:21pm on Saturday night), Trey and I are still planning on riding... that could change by 7:00am tomorrow...

Dysco
Sat Dec 3rd, 2005, 08:15 PM
The roads are mostly dry downtown, ice shouldn't be a problem after you get out of your neighborhood.

Stangely enough, this is the first year I've ever heard of the weather being bad for the toy run.

Cleveland
Sat Dec 3rd, 2005, 08:37 PM
hope it doesnt snow tonight, i want to ride. :cold:

rforsythe
Sat Dec 3rd, 2005, 08:58 PM
The roads are mostly dry downtown, ice shouldn't be a problem after you get out of your neighborhood.

Stangely enough, this is the first year I've ever heard of the weather being bad for the toy run.

Yeah, unfortunately I couldn't do that if I wanted to right now. Stupid Denver side streets... Oh well, cage it is.

It is odd though, every time we've done this ride it's been colder than shit but dry and sunny.

Zanos
Sat Dec 3rd, 2005, 10:59 PM
I was going to go. But with these streets and ice everywhere i dont want to ride for sure. And i dont want to cage because that takes all the funn out even though it is the cause that matters. It looks like i will be going skiing if anyone is interested. I will be headed to WP because thats where i have tickets to right now. PM me if interested. I dont want to take away from this, but if you are in the same boat. lets go :)

Hoopty
Sat Dec 3rd, 2005, 11:14 PM
We're out-- streets around the house are pure ice :guns:

T-byrd
Sat Dec 3rd, 2005, 11:16 PM

Yeah, unfortunately I couldn't do that if I wanted to right now. Stupid Denver side streets... Oh well, cage it is.

It is odd though, every time we've done this ride it's been colder than shit but dry and sunny.

Agreed on the weather in the past, I'm so bummed out about this. For me, this event is the official beginning of the holiday season, sort of puts Christmas in perspective.
We'll still be there because the kids are expecting us and we can't let them down.

Tanya

Trey
Sun Dec 4th, 2005, 12:32 AM
Christine and I are going to bow out due to the side street situation as well. We will deliver our toys later in the week. Be safe everyone. I hope to meet many of you at a later time.

Mista Black
Sun Dec 4th, 2005, 12:48 AM
Ok so who wants a bike with ABS and heated grips now, huh?? Nobodied be laughing at my bike tomorrow... assuming I wasnt working and was able to attend this shindig... :P

~Barn~
Sun Dec 4th, 2005, 12:59 AM
Everything is fine around here. The toys are packed, the bike is ready to go, the streets are money, my clothes are warm.

Looks like I'm out.
Nobody's riding.
:lol:

swademaster
Sun Dec 4th, 2005, 05:36 AM
I think Cleveland and I are stil riding, unless he backs out on me.

Player 2
Sun Dec 4th, 2005, 06:05 AM
Like Barn is actually gonna see this before lunchtime :lol:

Mista Black
Sun Dec 4th, 2005, 11:09 AM
:spit: