PDA

View Full Version : Last minute ride!

guambra2001
Fri Nov 28th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Hey CSC,

I'm planning on leaving the Springs at 11 to hit Deckers and foxton. If your interested, post up the more the merrier. Pace will be however the roads dictate probably slow to moderate. Great weather!

Aaron
Fri Nov 28th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Bummer would've liked to join you on this one but didn't see the post till now.

Sully
Sat Nov 29th, 2014, 07:11 AM
We must have just missed you on both roads.. We had quite a bit of traffic on Deckers of those cutting trees along with LEO presence. I'm sure it will continue through the weekend.

guambra2001
Sat Nov 29th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Yeah there was a whole lot of traffic but most of the roads were in great shape. Except the part right after decker before hitting horsepower hill. Aside from that it was great. On a totally unrelated subject this trip proved to be the last te my pirellis after a short 2.5k miles.

Drano
Sat Nov 29th, 2014, 11:37 PM
Yeah there was a whole lot of traffic but most of the roads were in great shape. Except the part right after decker before hitting horsepower hill.

Yeah that part can be sketchy on the best of days. Sad because that's a fun stretch of road.

Clovis
Sun Nov 30th, 2014, 01:18 AM
Wish I knew you were riding today. Rode the same route and also from the springs.

Deckers was decent, extra sand and gross amounts of "tree murder" ;)

Deer Creek had a lot of sand and magnesium chloride. Still a fun ride at a easy pace.

UHATEIT
Sun Nov 30th, 2014, 10:57 AM
We must have just missed you on both roads.. We had quite a bit of traffic on Deckers of those cutting trees along with LEO presence. I'm sure it will continue through the weekend.

I saw you and driver Dave at MOCO. I assumed you were going on a private ride. Neither came over to say hi at all you guys gassed up and parked in a different section.

guambra2001
Sun Nov 30th, 2014, 02:11 PM
I'm always down for a ride, however there never seems to be a lot of interested people from the "south" willing to ride. I see a lot of meet ups at MOCO but that is almost 2 hr before the "ride" beggings.

UHATEIT
Sun Nov 30th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Yeah it must be hard from the springs but there are still great roads to cripple creek and up woodland park to deckers.

I posted ride for Friday and only 1 person showed up. We did deer creek, turkey creek, parmalee gulch, and bear creek before lunch. Driver Dave and sully showed up to MOCO but didn't say anything just gassed up and then parked separately from me so I assumed it was a private ride. But they are too fast for me anyways so I doubt they'd want me on their ride.

Its probably good I didn't go on their ride since my bike stopped working twice on the ride and then started again. I'm currently working on a charging system diagnosis to see what the issue is. Luckily I made it home but after stalling out mid corner on parmalee and then again on bear creek that was scary enough

mdub
Sun Nov 30th, 2014, 06:46 PM
I saw you and driver Dave at MOCO. I assumed you were going on a private ride. Neither came over to say hi at all you guys gassed up and parked in a different section.

That is uncool . Whuts sup wit dat?

UHATEIT
Sun Nov 30th, 2014, 07:58 PM
That is uncool . Whuts sup wit dat?

I thought you were going on the ride I posted last month mdub. You even suggested the meeting time but went on a different ride somewhere else? Hwy 85?

mdub
Mon Dec 1st, 2014, 02:24 PM
Yea...I back out at the last moment...

UHATEIT
Mon Dec 1st, 2014, 02:40 PM
Ah I thought you posted you went on a different ride instead down hwy 85. We ended up doing central and peak to peak and came down into Broomfield and grabbed some Pho at this place the guy recommended. Missed out man ;)

Sully
Mon Dec 1st, 2014, 02:50 PM
Sorry UHATEIT, I was more concerned with the nail in my rear tire to come over and socialize.

UHATEIT
Mon Dec 1st, 2014, 02:57 PM
Looks like we both had bike issues that day. I couldn't have kept up with you both anyways I'm still too slow. We will see you out on the road again sometime hopefully with all bikes running fine!