PDA

View Full Version : Digging for more info on ABATE

Spooph
Mon Jan 26th, 2015, 04:11 PM
https://thedandooligan.wordpress.com/2015/01/26/to-the-membership/

I keep posting these because I think it's important for the rider community to know what's going on... As I've mentioned before, whether you like it or not, unless you have a personal relationship with a House Rep or Senator, the governing body experiences you as a rider through ABATE, so, how they run their organization affects all of our lives...

Sully
Mon Jan 26th, 2015, 04:46 PM
Thank you

WolFeYeZ
Mon Jan 26th, 2015, 04:46 PM
So was that an in person interview that you conducted?

lth
Mon Jan 26th, 2015, 06:09 PM
Thanks for posting. It sounds like ABATE isn't very well run at all. It seems like you asked reasonable questions yet: "This was an extremely difficult and strained interview, so at this point it ended."

Spooph
Mon Jan 26th, 2015, 08:50 PM
So was that an in person interview that you conducted?

Phone interview...

bulldog
Tue Jan 27th, 2015, 07:57 AM
This is the key point for me: Why would Ms. Howard guarantee a high-interest loan and then steal from ABATE?

To me a person stealing would not go out and risk their own time and money to secure a loan; kind of defeats the purpose of stealing to me :dunno: I do not know all the details, but appears to me a person trying to help a organization by securing a personal loan was not out to hurt them. Not sure all what went down, but sounds like maybe someone was just a scapegoat as not enough evidence was found in the end.

And if "Ms Howard" is the person I am thinking it is, she has been passionate about ABATE and motorcycle safety since as long as I can remember being on this club and does not strike me as a person to want to hurt the community....just my 2 cents

Good job Spooph for doing this :up:

#1Townie
Tue Jan 27th, 2015, 09:29 AM
Yeah the whole theft thing was very suspect from the get go.

Its time abate is shut down. Its clear the money thing has got in the way of what they are supposed to do. Time to just kill the organization.

Or at the very very least clean house. Top to bottom.

THoward
Wed Jan 28th, 2015, 06:51 PM
I guess I am highjacking Spooph's thread, but I wasn't sure where to post this. It is official that the case against me from ABATE has been dismissed!! In a nutshell, there was an internal power struggle and I was suspected, accused, charged and found guilty by ABATE all in one afternoon. They alleged I "forged checks" and "stole money from the ABATE Randy Run account". It was not a pleasant experience. I spent 2 nights in jail, first time ever in my 54 years of life. So much for innocent until proven guilty....you are treated just the opposite. Needless to say, there was not enough evidence to prove their allegations. I owe a huge thank you to my attorney, Wade Eldridge. He kept pushing the DA until this case was remedied. So if you ever need a lawyer...call him. He is a motorcyclist and has an impressive barn of all kinds of bikes.
Why did this happen? Good question, and I am not sure I will ever really know the answer. I want to thank all of you that have/and do support me. This would have been much more traumatic without your support. I have a lot of great friends and I appreciate each and every one of you. Stay tuned....a few of us have some ideas in mind on how to move forward dealing with motorcyclist issues! Thank you all again!!!

Sully
Wed Jan 28th, 2015, 07:15 PM
This is GREAT news, Terry.. Glad to hear everything was dismissed.

madvlad
Wed Jan 28th, 2015, 07:45 PM
Justice served, great to hear you came out from that nightmare and are moving on.

Wrider
Wed Jan 28th, 2015, 07:47 PM
Glad to hear the case was dropped! And I completely agree that you are NOT innocent until proven guilty, no matter what they try to claim. Best of luck with your future! And if there's anything we can do, I'm sure I speak for the rest of us when we say we'll do anything we can.

FZRguy
Thu Jan 29th, 2015, 02:02 AM
Good to hear the case was dismissed. :up:

bulldog
Thu Jan 29th, 2015, 07:34 AM
Good News :up:

So yeah funny how "innocent till proven guilty" works! How are you considered innocent when sitting in a jail for two nights...doesn't make sense. Happens all the time and rarely will the cops offer a "sorry".

bornwildnfree
Thu Jan 29th, 2015, 10:06 AM
HOORAYYYYYY TERRY!!!!!!!!!

Spooph
Fri Jan 30th, 2015, 10:15 AM
Update: https://thedandooligan.wordpress.com/2015/01/30/the-curious-case-of-abates-state-treasurer-spectre-part-ii/

Spooph
Mon Feb 9th, 2015, 10:41 AM
Update, more to come....
https://thedandooligan.wordpress.com/2015/02/09/what-really-happened-in-abate-of-colorado-an-insiders-perspective/

Nick_Ninja
Thu Feb 12th, 2015, 09:15 AM
After what they did to Terry --- ABATE is for the birds.....

TFOGGuys
Thu Feb 12th, 2015, 09:25 AM
There's at least 3 sides to every story...but it sounds a lot like Terry got a raw deal, and the Treasurer was not fulfilling their fiduciary responsibility, nor making sure that adequate controls were in place or being enforced. ABATE's original mission was to fight helmet laws and other unnecessarily restrictive motorcycle laws at a time when that was an issue of great relevance to the motorcycling community. Later, after the threat of draconian regulation had subsided, the organization morphed into a training/safety/awareness/advocacy agency, and kind of lost steam(from my point of view). Much like The March of Dimes(originally formed to find a vaccine for polio, later attaching itself to a number of other causes), ABATE needs to sharpen it's focus, or fade into history.

#1Townie
Thu Feb 12th, 2015, 12:50 PM
I vote fade into history.

The Black Knight
Thu Feb 12th, 2015, 03:10 PM
I vote fade into history.

I voted present.....

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh581/DNA_SWIRL_777/Stuff/Trollface_zps49qmxptz.png

#1Townie
Thu Feb 12th, 2015, 03:21 PM
I knew you were an Obama supporter!!!

Spooph
Tue Feb 17th, 2015, 10:51 AM
https://thedandooligan.wordpress.com/2015/02/17/making-sense-of-abate-of-colorados-situation/