PDA

View Full Version : Unsecured loads

asp_125
Fri Jan 30th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Well, this happened this morning.

Especially important when following work trucks and pickups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49QZEuVBSIg

Hope his Sawzall had a lifetime warranty.

madvlad
Fri Jan 30th, 2015, 03:37 PM
Glad it didn't take you guys out. Gotta love stuff flying off from cars and making it dangerous for us.

asp_125
Fri Jan 30th, 2015, 03:40 PM
Why couldn't it have been money, or Oreos. :lol:

Gramps
Fri Jan 30th, 2015, 06:38 PM
That's why you pass as soon as possible!

Sully
Fri Jan 30th, 2015, 06:41 PM
Wednesday morning during rush hour on I70, two cars ahead of me, going about 55mph, a wheelbarrow flew off the top of an SUV! Holy wtf!!

#1Townie
Fri Jan 30th, 2015, 07:31 PM
http://youtu.be/WErIq4Hd9zo

mdub
Fri Jan 30th, 2015, 07:32 PM
I had a tire iron fall out in front of me at dry creek and Chester . And it was a close call. Bouncing on asphalt , end over end and getting close to lodging into front wheel.

madvlad
Fri Jan 30th, 2015, 08:17 PM
Why couldn't it have been money, or Oreos. :lol:

Right? Haha hmmmm oreos :drool:

Ph03niX
Fri Jan 30th, 2015, 08:59 PM
I had a tire iron fall out in front of me at dry creek and Chester . And it was a close call. Bouncing on asphalt , end over end and getting close to lodging into front wheel.
Relevant lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTLSgne_TWQ

Aaron
Fri Jan 30th, 2015, 09:48 PM
Good to see you riding responsibly, saved yourself an accident.

asp_125
Fri Jan 30th, 2015, 10:40 PM
Good to see you riding responsibly, saved yourself an accident.

Been running this stretch of twisty this week. Somehow every time the tar snakes are somewhat slippery, so not possible to hoon it up too much.

bulldog
Mon Feb 2nd, 2015, 08:00 AM
I had to sue a truck company last year because I was driving down Santa Fe Blvd and a piece of wood that was not properly secured flew off and hit my car denting the hood. I followed that truck and made then pull over and then they said they were not liable and I called the police. Their was enough evidence to prove it was their wood that hit me.

The driver kept telling me "I've never had a incident like this" (wanting me to feel sorry for him) but he didn't secure the load properly and not my fault.

Couldn't imagine if I'd been riding and that piece of wood hit me in the helmet :?

Aaron
Mon Feb 2nd, 2015, 09:09 AM
Bulldog always getting hit by another guys wood.

bulldog
Mon Feb 2nd, 2015, 09:36 AM
Bulldog always getting hit by another guys wood. :spit: At least that time he paid me $400 for letting me allow him to hit me with his wood. :lol:

salsashark
Mon Feb 2nd, 2015, 11:03 AM
Found this after being behind someone who lost a large piece of wood on the highway. It was about three cars in front of me. A semi hit the wood and it exploded all over the highway. I took a few pieces to the leg and one hit my shoulder. Finally got to my destination and saw the piece sticking out of the front of the bike.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-su--ht1aydU/U8xkRh8WBEI/AAAAAAAAQh4/qlTLQQPyekw/w1064-h795-no/IMG_0485.JPG

#1Townie
Mon Feb 2nd, 2015, 11:17 AM
Bulldog always getting hit by another guys wood.

:spit: At least that time he paid me $400 for letting me allow him to hit me with his wood. :lol:

I always knew he was a high priced hooker. Lol.

bulldog
Mon Feb 2nd, 2015, 11:40 AM
I always knew he was a high priced hooker. Lol. For $400 I would probably let someone hit me with their wood.....only hit...not insert. :lol:

Any takers? :D

#1Townie
Mon Feb 2nd, 2015, 12:02 PM
And shit just got REAL!

bulldog
Mon Feb 2nd, 2015, 12:08 PM
And shit just got REAL!
:lol: I am secure in my manhood. I'll let someone hit me with their wood and then go spend $400 at the strip club looking at naked women...with my wife! :boobies:

Normally the guys that get all "homophobic" are the ones secretly in the closet. I know I like one thing more than anything....women....a blessing and a curse!

Wrider
Mon Feb 2nd, 2015, 12:57 PM
A friend of mine is an HVAC guy and was driving down I-25 one day. Lo and behold, one of the straps holding the ladder to the top of his van snapped. The ladder then went on a one way trip into the front of the car behind him.

Ironically in the same stretch of I-25 I hit a ladder in the middle of the road. Fortunately it didn't damage my car, because I was able to swerve and my tires hit it right where the step and main support meet, so it was not as sudden of an impact.

bulldog
Mon Feb 2nd, 2015, 01:06 PM
A friend of mine is an HVAC guy and was driving down I-25 one day. Lo and behold, one of the straps holding the ladder to the top of his van snapped. The ladder then went on a one way trip into the front of the car behind him.

Ironically in the same stretch of I-25 I hit a ladder in the middle of the road. Fortunately it didn't damage my car, because I was able to swerve and my tires hit it right where the step and main support meet, so it was not as sudden of an impact.
Wow, a ladder would be scary to see fly at you!

Who else always thinks of this when they ride behind a truck of logs :lol:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/knight2255/quevieneeltronco.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZvvVMeSWcI

bulldog
Mon Feb 2nd, 2015, 01:09 PM
Not the same but one time Matty and I were riding down Loveland pass and a truck in front of us had their transmission blow; well that is my guess. Next we know we both got fluid sprayed all over us and our bikes. Hit out tires and we both just about lost it. Had to pull over and wipe all that crap off our bike. We were both lucky we did not crash on that one.

FZRguy
Mon Feb 2nd, 2015, 03:07 PM
I've dodged tire carcass flying off a truck on my bike. If you smell rubber on a hot day in traffic, beware.

Clovis
Tue Feb 3rd, 2015, 05:53 PM
Unsecured loads are a huge hazard.

Ezzrider was taken out last June when a peice of scrap wood fell off a pick up truck going up Indie Pass.

Two 2x4 with nails and duck taped together in the form of an X.

He went down right in front of me. Spent a week in the hospital in Aspen. The damage was something like 6 or 7 broken ribs, broken collar bone, broken sternum and a heart contussion. He nearly had to go on a resperator.

All because so many people are lazy and just toss stuff into the bed without regard for the hundreds of bumps going up the pass.

SpecialED
Tue Mar 3rd, 2015, 01:29 PM
There is some scary stuff in this thread. Good to keep all this in mind once the snow is gone...

BearcatRR
Mon Mar 23rd, 2015, 05:13 PM
I had to dodge the hood of a car that flew off on 70 just west of downtown last fall....talk about having to stop and clear out your leathers!

Penadam
Wed Mar 25th, 2015, 06:44 PM
Had an empty one of these fly out of the bed of a pickup in front of me on the highway a few years ago. Saw it rock once, slowed down, then watched it launch onto the road. Thankfully it was late at night with no traffic so it was easy to avoid.

http://www.ecodustcontrol.com/Portals/34419/images/gcs%20tote.jpg?1333231095.72132